Anker® Astro 5600mAh Portable External Battery Charger for Smartphones and Tablets such as iPhone 5s, Galaxy S5 S4 and More
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- High Capacity, 5600mAh; 2-3 full charges or add 22 hours talk time to your iPhone 4S / 4G / 3GS; 1-2 charges for Samsung Galaxy S4 / S3, 200 hours + audio playback, or 200%-300% to the battery life of most mobile phones.
- Compact, portable & stylish design; Easily fits into your bag to provide instant power; PERFECT for long plane flights, road trips, or whenever you need to charge your mobile devices wherever you are.
- Samsung Grade A cells and high quality Lithium-ion battery ensures reliability; 500 + recharge cycles over the life of the battery.
- Convenient flashlight updated to prevent accidental activation: lights only after pressing the power button for 2 seconds; 4 LED indicators reveal the battery level; Input: DC 5V 1A, Astro charges via standard USB or AC adapter (not included).
- Package includes: Anker? Astro External Battery, Micro USB cable, travel pouch, instruction manual.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
High Capacity, 5600mAh; 2-3 full charges or add 22 hours talk time to your iPhone 4S / 4G / 3GS; 1-2 charges for Samsung Galaxy S3, 200 hours + audio playback, or 200% - 300% to the battery life of most mobile phones Compact, portable & stylish design; Easily fits into your bag to provide instant power; PERFECT for long plane flights, road trips, or whenever you need to charge your mobile devices wherever you are. Samsung Grade A cells high quality Lithium-ion battery ensures reliability; 500 + recharge cycles over the life of the battery Convenient flashlight updated to prevent accidental activation: lights only after pressing the power button for 2 seconds; 4 LED indicators reveal the battery level; Input: DC 5V 1A, Astro charges via standard USB or AC adapter (not included) Package includes: Anker External Battery / 3 connectors for most phones / 2 extension charge cable (70CM and 15CM) / 1 user manual / 1 convenient travel pouch
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Even though it only has 5,600mAh which may seem low these days, it's more than enough to charge most phones at least once with a little power remaining. Surprisingly, this is still true as of current day. I don't use it every day so it's not going through many charges and discharges so that may contribute to the extra life span. I probably use it about once a month when I travel and forgot to charge my phone. I just throw it in my bag or put it in my pocket.
There is an indicator that shows how much power is remaining. The powerbank also has a flashlight feature which is mostly unused these days since smartphones have a flashlight built into them already.
One major annoying problem is that many times the flashlight will be inadvertently turned on because something bumped it in my pocked or my bag. If I don't realize that it's been turned on, it will drain the battery. Due to this being old technology, the charging speed is not exactly very quick also. I just let it charge for several hours when I'm home and it will be at 100%.
Overall, I'm a very happy customer with this product. It's definitely built to last.
- Portable to carry during travel
- Has a flashlight and power indicator
- Still holding a strong charge after many years now
- The flashlight turns on when the button is accidentally hit when in my pocket or bag
- This is not really a con, but compared to today's powerbanks, the 5,600mAh will not be enough for multiple devices
One feature that I am concerned about with this product is the inability to "lock" it. What I mean by this is, if you throw this sucker into a bag/purse/pocket - the light switch will inadvertently be turned on. I am constantly noticing the flashlight on and then having to switch it off. The end result is that you will have a dead battery (or severely drained) that won't be there when you need it most. This unit would be ideal stored somewhere will the light button will not be accidentally pushed.
So, developers/engineers - the gauntlet has been thrown down. Your mission, should you choose to accept is: The flashlight is a cool feature; keep it! But give users the ability to securely lock this unit in the off position.
The Anker is easy to use. Once it's charged, just plug in your device and then press the round button. 4 blue lights are lit when it's fully charged, and then each light goes out as the power depletes. This makes it easy to determine when you need to recharge it. In addition, there's also a built in flashlight that you can activate by pressing the round button twice. I don't use it much since I have a flashlight on my phone, but it's nice to have a backup.
One thing to note is this thing holds power for quite some time. When I'm not traveling, this stays in my purse and can go unused for weeks or months so I always check the battery level before I do travel. I always expect at least one blue light to not light up - especially when it's gone unused for months - but I've been pleasantly surprised every time when all four lights illuminate. I would definitely recommend this device since it's far less expensive than other battery backups and is consistently reliable.