Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 206 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 229 reviews
on March 26, 2016
I have not had any issues with this filter like I've had with others (strange color casts, uneven light spread, etc.). I used this filter for the attached photo. I needed to stop down a bit to allow for a longer exposure. It worked like a charm and didn't ruin my photo (like the current ND filters I have).
review image
VINE VOICEon July 20, 2015
The nice thing about the pro lenses is that a lot of them take the same sized filters (77mm) so this was a case of do I but cheap or do I buy good. I looked at it like this: I have about five thousand dollars of camera and lens behind the polarizing filter and I wasn't going cheap on the last hundred dollars and putting in a piece of window glass.

I've always liked B&W filters and the quality German optics. I bought two of these for my wider lenses. The 70mm-200mm f2.8 doesn't need one because it has a darkening effect on the sky around the edges. I also learned not to use this filter when shooting people because it removes the shine from their skin and makes them look dull.

This filter is a must-have for landscape photography below at 50mm or wider.
on March 6, 2012
An expensive filter. Can't argue with that. But it's well-worth the money. If you're going to put a piece of glass onto an expensive lens, you want that glass (filter) to be of the highest quality. That's just what this filter is. It has a multi-resistant coating which most filters don't. The filter does what it's supposed to do. It removes reflections from the light and gives more intense colors, gives a blue sky and enhances the clouds. You get the best effect if shooting at a 90 degree angle to the sun. Move around a little until you get the effect you want. If you're shooting outside, a polarizer is a necessary for the best quality shots. And this B+W polarizer is of the highest quality glass. You will know that as soon as you pick it up and compare it to another filter you might have. I highly suggest this polarizer.
on June 24, 2017
I don't often use a polarizing filter, but when needed nothing else works, so I usually carry one. I buy B+W exclusively now, as their brass does not stick to lens and other filter threads as does aluminum. Non brass has become virtually welded to lenses in the past, and I've learned my lesson.
on October 9, 2016
Filter quality is great so far. Not too light, but not too dark–stopping power drops about one stop–so it works great at steady f/2.8.

Only disclaimer is that the stationary ring to be screwed onto the lens has a pretty small circumference compared to the muzzle of the primary lens that I use this filter with (Nikon 70-200mm). When screwed in tight, it is somewhat more difficult to unscrew as the filter tends to rotate, but the threads remain in place.

No regrets in this buy.
on March 5, 2017
Good polarizer, quality construction. I use it on my Pentax K-50, it's a little hard to take it off the lens sometimes but it's very secure.
on September 16, 2013
Over-rated product, nothing outstanding about this compared to similar and decent products, but they cost less. If you like this particular German manufacturer, you can buy it. If you wish to save money and go with another decent filter, save your money. I have used a bit less expensive, decently-rated Hoya filter (Hoya 58mm HD Hardened Glass 8-layer Multi-Coated Digital Circular Polarizer Filter), and found no significant differences between them, at least not worth the extra cost for the B+W filter. To me the B+W produced a bit dramatic effects even with continuos but slight adjustments, making the shots look somewhat artificial.
on April 10, 2017
Nice filter, the one I got didn't rotate easily. Not sure why.
on July 28, 2017
B+W is a famous brand, and I bought this polarizer mainly for this reason. However, it did not work well with my Canon lens. Only used a couple of times, and then left in the cabinet.
on September 9, 2011
The B+W filter shines in the area of build quality and optical perfection. I really, really like the brass material over aluminum because the filter spins on and off my lens with ease when compared to aluminum. In post processing I was floored by the performance of this filter. First time in the field it can be difficult to see what the image actually looks like on the back of your camera versus a nice computer screen. My images were vivid, sharp, and lush in color; nothing less than what I expect from a polarizer. Plus, I was shooting with a fast 50mm prime lens so I did not worry too much about vignetting.

Filters are a nasty subject of photography in my opinion. Why? Because filters are expensive, can greatly impact your image (good and bad), and may leave new photographers with information overload. I declare this as I am the new kid on the block with limited knowledge and funds.

Through researching I began to see a common trend: Heliopan and B+W are some of the best for high-end while Hoya is the best of the low-end. I already owned a couple of Hoya filters due to low cost and pretty good quality, and this filter is my first B+W. On that, I definitely experienced a difference, but without saying Hoya is a terrible line of filters.

Final thoughts, if I spent a ton of money on a good Canon L series lens then expect me to purchase a Heliopan or B+W filter for it. For anything else I probably will continue purchasing Hoya's top of the line filters. If you are still unsure, compare this filter to a Hoya 58mm Pro1, note the $30 difference in cost, and splurge on the B+W if you never owned one before.