Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

• Customer reviews

on August 5, 2014
Warning: Do not buy this product. I recently replaced the original battery in my HP laptop. On Dec. 23, 2016 at about 4:30 PM my battery exploded and it kept exploding about 6 times. My wife and one of my friends ran around the living room putting out the fires. My oldest daughter who is twelve got her younger sisters out of the house. The carpet was burned, our sectional couches have burn marks on it, the drapes and curtains have burn marks on them. My wife was asleep on the couch when the firs explosion took place. The shrapnel missed her head by inches. This is a dangerous product which should be removed. The computer was off and dormant when this happened. It was sitting on the oriental carpet which has no shag to it when it happened. My youngest daughter was not feeling well, so she shut the lid on the computer which automatically makes the computer go into sleep mode. My oldest daughter who is twelve said that the computer was just sitting there and that my youngest daughter was out of the room for a long time. My wife told me also that the computer was closed when she woke to the loud banging noise. All witnesses tell me the same story. I do not want anyone else buying this product. I expect amazon to pull it and to reimburse me for the damages to our living room. Then they have the gumption to send me a replacement battery to the computer they blew up. What? are you serious? Worst customer service I have ever seen. Pour salt on my wounds by giving me a battery computer that blew up? I hope you get sued many times over for your lack of customer service skills and lack of compassion for your customer base. I would give you a zero if it were at all possible.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
9 helpful votes
10 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on March 24, 2014
I bought this battery to replace an HP original in my Pavilion dv6-6000 series laptop. At first, the battery fit well and appeared to work both while charging and when unplugged from the power adapter. Within half an hour of use, however, the laptop stopped recognizing that a battery was inserted, would no longer charge, and without the adapter power supply, shut down entirely due to lack of power. This could result in massive loss of data and potential further damage to the hard drive of the computer, though this was not the case for me as I immediately removed the faulty battery. Overall, though this battery is much cheaper than other options (HP offers an equivalent battery for around $100; I purchased a Dr.Battery Replacement from MicroCenter for $50), it is not worth the potential damage to your computer, or even the shipping and handling fee for returning it to Amazon. It was a waste of my time and money to purchase such a poorly made, cheap replacement and I should have known better than to risk further damage to my laptop in search of saving a few bucks. I advise potential buyers to look elsewhere for battery replacements. This one was a complete lemon.
18 helpful votes
19 helpful votes
33 comments|Report abuse
on November 22, 2014
Installed when it arrived and I charged it up. Everything seemed okay. However, the next day, my laptop would not recognize it. The battery icon in the corner of the screen showed a hollow battery. The message when I hovered over said "Plugged in but not charging." The battery was fully charged, so unplugged my laptop and the battery kept the laptop charged. I thought maybe it just did not display correctly, but would work fine. Well, after it discharged the first time, it would never charge up again. I removed the battery, reinserted it...nothing. I plugged it in over night and tried it in the morning...nothing. Now the only way to operate my laptop is to have it plugged in.
It seems this battery worked for some people, but for me...I would NOT RECOMMEND purchasing this item. I'm just glad I bought it from Amazon so there is not problem with the return. Consumer beware!
3 helpful votes
on October 25, 2016
Fit my HP Pavilion dv6t-6c00 CTO Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC. Original OEM battery lasted 4 years. This replacement battery lasted 6 months. Now will not hold any charge. Do not buy this battery.
3 helpful votes
on August 27, 2015
The very mixed reviews caused me some concern - but at $10 I decided to "risk" it. Battery has been in daily use for a little over a month - and I couldn't be more pleased. Delivered quickly. Well packaged. Excellent condition. Fits laptop perfectly. In case it helps anybody, I will say this: unlike I way too frequently do... I actually read the directions (insert) in the package before using the battery. And then I actually followed them. It clearly and adamantly advises slowly (on power saver mode) completely drain the battery - to the point the computer automatically hibernates - and then recharge to 100% before use - and repeat the drain/recharge 2 - 3 times to "calibrate" the battery. Honestly, I thought battery technology had progressed beyond the need for such. But what do I know? And honestly don't know why I thought that. I performed the drain/recharge 3 times... and so far I'm as happy with this battery's performance as I would be if it'd cost $100 rather than $10!

14 September 2015 Update: Woke up this morning to a completely dead battery. Laptop giving warning that batter not holding charge. And sure enough 0% and will not charge. Ultimately got about 2 months of life out of the battery. And when it was working - it was great. For 10 bucks not that "angry" - but still inconvenient - and going to look elsewhere for a replacement.
on March 12, 2016
For the price, this battery did its job for about 15 months. The problem is that the battery no longer holds charge and my computer suddenly dies if not connected to an outlet. And I mean suddenly. The computer never indicates a low battery and The laptop will just shut off, facing me with a message telling me that Windows failed to shut down properly every time it happens. This is not something I remember happening with the original. With the original, it was more like finding it dead. One day, my computer wouldn't start with the battery attached and I knew it was time for a new one. I have an hp dv6-6c14nr btw.
on May 5, 2014
I'm all for saving money and buying generic items IF they work, but I had nothing but trouble from the beginning when I got this battery. When I would turn on my laptop, it would boot up, but when it was finished booting up, I'd say 80% of the time, the laptop would turn off without warning. The battery was fully charged. It would not give me the usual "battery is low" warning or any other warning, it would just turn off on its own. Once it was turned off, it would not come back on after pressing the power button unless I took the battery out and put it back in. Maybe this particular battery was bad, but I returned it and am now thinking of buy an OEM battery. In this case, I'd rather spend more money and know that it will work.
on July 27, 2015
The battery arrived in about a week. The first couple of uses lasted less than two hours when the low battery warning came on (after charging it for over 24 hours), but after that it lasted more than two hours without any problem. I think the trick is not to run the battery too low. I usually recharge the battery before it went below 25%. For the price, it is a good buy.

Update 12/20/2015: the battery now only lasts 5 to 30 minutes and dies without warning. One time I made the mistake of updating Windows while on battery and it died during the process and killed my computer. I had to restore the factory defaults and started from scratch. You get what you pay for.
on November 27, 2015
A couple of other reviewers mentioned the battery not charging or the computer not recognizing the battery. I had both those problems, but discovered that it was because the battery didn't seat securely. After fiddling with it for a minute, my computer recognized and charged it. I am going to duct tape it into place and hopefully solve that problem. I was disappointed that the charge doesn't last long - about an hour. That's not enough to do much, but it's better than no battery, which I had before. We have to remember that we get what we pay for, and for the price, this isn't so bad.
on August 31, 2014
I sent this back, and got the HP OEM battery instead. The OEM worked fine, THIS battery however...
1. It is exceptionally light (probably contains little or no actual battery cells).
2. When I tried using it in the laptop, it did not charge, and I got a blue blinking light next to the power plug on the laptop (usually goes amber for charging, or green for charged.
3. After leaving putting the battery in, the computer quit booting properly, and gave 3 blinks on the caps lock key. Reading about this, I learned that other people have used bad batteries (including this one) and permanently fried their motherboard. Fortunately for me, it came back out of it after I let it sit for a while...

FIVE stars to Amazon for easy returns though!