Top critical review
5 people found this helpful
overheated while in use
on April 10, 2014
I do not recommend this particular charger at all!
I bought one for my daughter's laptop and it was supposedly the equivelant replacement for the original Dell power cord.
Within a month after buying it, the power box overheated and literally melted the plastic!
It was only plugged in while the laptop was in use and the area around the cord was free from any obstructions that would cause it to overheat. There was plenty of airflow around it so it should not have overheated during normal, expected use.
As a retired firefighter I am very particular about the placement and proper use of any electrical cord, the problem was clearly with the cord itself and not caused by improper or careless use.
This could have been a tradegy if it had not been caught when it occurred.
If you take the time to read the product reviews like I do, heed my warning and pass on this particular cord or any from the same manufacturer.