Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 10, 2014
I do not recommend this particular charger at all!
I bought one for my daughter's laptop and it was supposedly the equivelant replacement for the original Dell power cord.
Within a month after buying it, the power box overheated and literally melted the plastic!
It was only plugged in while the laptop was in use and the area around the cord was free from any obstructions that would cause it to overheat. There was plenty of airflow around it so it should not have overheated during normal, expected use.
As a retired firefighter I am very particular about the placement and proper use of any electrical cord, the problem was clearly with the cord itself and not caused by improper or careless use.
This could have been a tradegy if it had not been caught when it occurred.
If you take the time to read the product reviews like I do, heed my warning and pass on this particular cord or any from the same manufacturer.
on June 9, 2016
Don't waste your money. They over heat, if they are left in the outlet. Could be a potential fire hazard. When I have to plug the second one in, I use it for a short time and unplug it. Within 30 minutes, it is so hot, I almost can't touch it, as it has gotten that hot.. I am waiting for the one, I have left, to explode at any moment. The problem being that this converter is over amped and really does charge the computer battery quickly, but the over amperage is causing this item to catch dangerously on fire. Believe me.....Steer Clear if you don't want a fire on your hands.
on October 8, 2013
After a time searching for both an OEM and aftermarket chargers (online and at retailers) I found this listing and was happy with the other reviews so I went ahead and purchased it. Seller had the lowest overal bottom line price after S&H was factored in, all be it by dimes it was still the lowest.
Fit into the laptop was correct and went in with no complications, fit was the same as an OEM. Although it felt as if there would not be enough friction to hold it in after I plugged it in there was no wiggle to be found.
As other reviews described; the power box does get hot but no aparent performance lost. It charged an aftermarket extended battery I purchased about a year ago very quickly.
Both the input and output voltage and amperage were identical as the OEM (no variances) as well as the hertz rating, something that should be the same in a replacement. If the numbers are not the same there is potential for an unknown number of problems such as but not limited to frying the battery and irriversable damage to the laptop components.
on May 20, 2017
Good Product will come come to know how it survives in upcoming future, Stay Tuned for more on this.
on August 21, 2010
I bought this adapter for my Dell Inspiron 1525 after my old one died around 1.5 years after purchase. I read the reviews for the "genuine" Dell products, and they were actually worse than this product at a greatly inflated price. I figured, if it's only going to last for a period of time, why not buy the inexpensive one? I chose 2-day shipping and had it as promised. It has worked fine since I purchased it. No overheating issues with the box at all. Something I noticed with my old cable was that upon plugging it in I often saw a spark. With this one, I don't see that, which I think is positive. The only things I would say about the cord is that it's too short; however, I knew this from reading the reviews beforehand. It's not horrible, but I have had to change my seating arrangement in some rooms to accommodate this; I would say it's at least 1-2 feet shorter than the old cable. The connection to the laptop is pretty secure. It has come out a couple of times, but requires a little effort--not just brushing up against it. I have noticed that the connection from the wall plug to the box can become loose, so with any pulling you may have to re-adjust it. Otherwise, this product has worked great for the money.
on September 26, 2014
Just four months after I bought it I had a scary incident where the plug started making a crackling noise and started smoking. The plug was extremely hot and the plastic melted away where it is molded around the metal prong. Fortunately there was no fire, although it was smoking. Fortunately I was home and using the computer...otherwise I'm afraid there would have been a fire.

Based on my experience, I would not recommend anyone buy or use this adapter. If you use one, just be very careful to keep your eye on it and I wouldn't leave it plugged in if you are not around.

Scary stuff!
on June 12, 2017
This power supply is not adequate for most Dell laptops. The problem is one of design - it only outputs 3.34 amps. I plugged it into my Dell Inspiron laptop, and all it would do is maintain the current low state of charge - the battery did not gain any charge even though it was plugged in overnight.
on August 31, 2017
Just What I needed
on November 11, 2013
I bought this looking for a quick cheap replacement for the other 2 chargers I have gone through. It seems to charge the laptop just fine though I have only had it plugged in for 5 days. The REAL ISSUE it gets so hot I actually burned my hand. It does have a label on it that say caution may get hot, but this is extreme. It could easily catch something on fire or melt whatever it is set on. It is so hot it has warped and bubbled the sticker that is on it. I only plug it in while I am using my laptop I don't dare leave this plugged in unattended. It heats up to burning hot in about 15 minutes. I would not recommend or buy this product again due to safety concerns.
on August 22, 2017