Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
West Bend 6111 Heart Smart Indoor Grill, Black
|Price:||$58.90 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ribbed grilling surface to drain grease
- Solid area to grill vegetables, pancakes or keeping grilled foods warm
- Virtually smokeless - add water to interior water level markings
- Dishwasher safe grill surface and drip tray
- Glass cover & heat resistant handles
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
There are only 2 differences:
* this one includes a skillet area on the grill plate, so smaller grilling area but you have a side part to grill onions or bacon for your burgers... the drip pan, base and lid are exactly the same
* this one states the grill piece is dishwasher safe, though the grill piece on the BG24 is almost the same, they state it is not dishwasher safe - probably is though
It probably uses a lot of electricity, and does not have a true BBQ taste but it works well. I scrub the gril with a teflon safe sponge while on the base with drip pan still in place and then stick it in the diswasher. I don't even put the drip pan in diswasher b/c it is so easy to clean my hand , especially when coated with water.
This is a pretty big unit - I'd actually prefer something smaller as I live by myself in a small nyc apt.
The best points of this grill is that you can put everything except the plastic stand in the dishwasher! So clean up is outstanding! You plug it all in like an electric fry pan, set the tempurature and when the light go off the food goes on. You get the lovely grill marks, the spaces on the grill allow the 'fat' to fall through but aren't wide enough to loose a hotdog (as on an outside grill). I have cooked hot dogs, hamburgers, Chicken, steaks, bacon and eggs (there is a flat area on one side). So far it has been a joy. It held a whole cut up chicken at one time!
The only downs are storage, I am in a small apartment and I have had to dedicate a portion of my counter to this appliance, but I end up using it a lot more than I would if I had a place to put it away. And the lid is almost flat. When I grill anything with hieght,like say BBQ chicken, the lid rests on the meat at an angle. I have tried tenting with foil but you loose the ability to see the food grilling.
I haven't tried any other indoor grills, other than the george foreman stuff and I like this west bend so much more than any of those!
The grill takes a good 10 minutes to heat up properly. Once heated, most of the grill is consistently hot but there are still cold spots. Food needs to be moved around. Cooking times are way longer than one would expect with a grill. In a way, this is problematic, but it also allows you to cook things with less likelihood of burning them. I don't eat meat, so can't say how long something temperature critical like chicken might take.
The griddle side heats much more evenly and cooks more consistently, but also much more quickly. You can easily do things like sauteed mushrooms on the side for one or two people, fry sausages, and that sort of thing.
The water tray underneath does go a long way towards eliminating smoke in the house.
The two major drawbacks are
1) the size. It is far larger than it needs to be to support the cooking area it has. This thing is huge.
2) Cleaning. The dishwasher does not clean it, and you can plan on doing a lot of scrubbing unless you brush it clean while it is still hot. If the grill cools before cleaning, it is nearly impossible to clean. It may be dishwasher safe, but it doesn't come clean in the dishwasher.
But I just returned the second unit (I returned the first one for an exchange) after a miserable experience of 50 minutes on High with a couple of brats, and they weren't very well done. Forget about ever searing a steak, or even fast cooking it at medium high. Maybe I got 2 defective units in a row, but I'm done with this West Bend 'grill'. Those that like a nice hot grill be forewarned.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
THIS IS A GREAT INDOOR GRILL ----LARGER THAN I THOUGHT ----I'M VERY PLEASED WITH ITPublished 9 days ago by tuffy
Myself and several of my friends have one, it is a wonderful grill. Cooks food just rig
ht if you follow directions in the book.
This grill works great! I cook chicken, shrimp and burgers and they taste like they were cooked on the real deal. I would recommend this grill to anyone. Read morePublished 29 days ago by PINKY LEE
Heats up fast
Very easy to clean
Grilling area grills just like you want it to
Skillet area is so useful, I've cooked eggs, veggies, toasted bread.
Just wish it were a little bigger, like 25% larger. Awesome for breakfast, particularly bacon. Doesn't curl and you can fry eggs on the solid part at the same time you are... Read morePublished 2 months ago by bart ewald