|Item Weight||14.17 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||18.2 x 18.2 x 12.5 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||63-9031-1|
|Manufacturer Part Number||63-9031-1|
|OEM Part Number||63-9031-1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
K&N 63-9031-AirCharger Performance Air Intake System
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Estimated horsepower gain of 13.05 HP at 5282 RPM
- Designed to improve throttle response and engine sound
- Easy to install, usually in 90 minutes or less
- Replaces entire factory air intake system
- Not legal for highway use in states adopting California emission regulations
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||18.25 x 18.25 x 12.5 in||18.25 x 18.25 x 12.5 in||—||14.25 x 22.25 x 12.5 in|
|Item Weight||14.17 lbs||13.96 lbs||—||5 lbs|
|Part Type ID||13995||13995||10435||13995|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
A sister product to 57 series FIPK, K&N 63 Series AirCharger Intake Kits are guaranteed to increase horsepower and come with a million mile limited warranty. K&N intake systems replace your vehicle's restrictive factory air filter and air intake housing. K&N intakes are designed to dramatically reduce intake restriction as they smooth and straighten air flow. This allows your vehicle's engine to inhale a larger amount of air than the OEM air filter assembly. More air means more usable power and acceleration throughout the engine's RPM range. The filters on these kits are washable and reusable. Most of K&N intake kits are relatively easy to install using tools commonly available. 63 Series Intakes are street legal in most states.
From the manufacturer
Performance Air Intake Systems
How does a K&N High Flow Intake System increase horsepower? By eliminating airflow obstruction in your engine. Restriction of air flow between an air filter and an engine robs even the most powerful engine of horsepower. K&N air intake kits virtually eliminate air path restriction by replacing the standard air filter and the entire air path to the engine. This begins with an oversized conical high-flow air filter. This larger filter fits into the engine compartment using factory holes and mounting points because it replaces your stock intake tube, and air box. This provides more airflow at lower restriction than a standard filter. The oversize air filter also captures and holds more dirt, increasing the service life before a cleaning is required (up to 100,000 miles). The filter is also isolated from high engine temperature by a heat shield designed to lower the temperature of the air entering the engine, which increases horsepower. The filter attaches to an intake tube that reduces turbulence and accelerates airflow into the engine. Finally, the tube is connected to the engine with adapters made from high strength materials such as silicon and reinforced nylon and ensures long life. Put all this together and you have the best high-flow intake system available today.
Guaranteed to Increase Horsepower
K&N is clearly the defined leader in high quality performance cold air intake systems for car and trucks. We feel it is one of the best dollars to horsepower investments you can make for your vehicle. Our first air intake kit was built in 1992. K&N manufactures over 500 different part numbers and our team of engineers are constantly designing, building and testing new air intake systems.
Oversized Washable High-Flow Air Filter
K&N starts with the largest conical shaped high-flow air filter that fits into the engine compartment using factory holes and mounting points. This extra filter size provides even more airflow at lower restriction than a standard K&N O/E replacement filter that is limited to the size of the factory air box. The oversized air filter also captures and holds more dirt increasing the service life before a cleaning is required (up to 100,000 miles).
10-Year/Million Mile Limited Warranty
K&N invented the world's first air filter that is guaranteed for one million miles. That same great warranty applies to K&N high-flow air intake systems. K&N performance products are well engineered, built with the finest materials and K&N stands behind them 100%.
Easy to Install with Basic Hand Tools
K&N air intakes are very easy to install on your car or truck. A typical air intake installation can be done with a screwdriver, pliers and a ratchet-set in 90 minutes or less! K&N specifically engineers their intake kits to use existing factory holes and mounting points, making installation simple. The vast majority of K&N cold air induction systems do not require any cutting or drilling.
Also available: K&N Cabin Air Filters
The K&N Washable Cabin Air Filter is the first of its kind designed to replace your vehicle's stock cabin air filter with a washable and reusable version that cleans and freshens incoming air. K&N Cabin Air Filters are designed to be cleaned and reused over and over again. Using a combination of an advanced synthetic filter media and K&N Refresher spray, the K&N Washable Cabin Air Filter grabs and holds dust particles.
Customers also shopped for
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Power: Nothing huge, but my already peppy truck definitely felt peppier of the line. I didn't notice any increase under hard acceleration, but throttle response seems more immediate. For what it's worth, K&N included a Dyno report that showed a marginal increase (3 hp, if I recall correctly) with their kit installed.
2. Sound: A new roar under the hood. It's not hugely loud, but you can definitely hear it and what you hear sounds real good. If that concerns you, you're probably not reading reviews on intake kits in the first place. Putting a Flowmaster Dual on my truck tomorrow for the full experience.
3. Mileage: Here's where I got surprised. I wasn't expecting an increase and was actually expecting a mild decrease (based on my experience with throwing a big intake kit on my motorcycle). Prior to the install, I was averaging 16.4 mpg. After the install and driving my 80 mile round trip to work and back twice, I averaged 18.2 mpg with a 20/80 mix of city and highway driving. Nice! And that was with me goosing the gas pedal more than I normally would just so I could hear the whoosh. Anyway, very happy and I'll update here if my mileage changes over the next month or so.
So...great kit, easy to install (even with the horrible instruction sheet....just follow the exploded diagram and you'll be fine), and it's not some kind of snake oil that fails to deliver. If you're thinking about buying one, quit thinking and do it. You'll thank yourself later.