Oil month Automotive HPC Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on January 24, 2016
This is by far one of the best books I have ever read, though I have been reading the Bible for years! I actually had read this book before buying my own digital copy and will be going back to this again and again as well as listening to the narration! Next I plan to read each book of the Bible along with looking at its corresponding notes from this book. The author's insight into what God is doing in our lives to bring us to Himself is so deep, so clear and so helpful! You can also access a series of 20 videos on YouTube from the 100 Huntley Street program in which Jim Cantelon asks the author questions about the book as they go through it together. So glad I purchased this and the audio version together!
on November 3, 2010
I am leading 20 women in an online reading of 66 Love Letters alongside of reading through the Bible in one year. 66 Love Letters is the best book I've ever read in stirring me to engage in honest self-examination because I see glimpses of the Love and Provision of a very Good, Holy God. Crabb offers four decades of working with people as a psychologist to invite us to so much more than what we are experiencing. We all battle the world, the flesh and the devil but I am seeing there is way more evil in me than I ever recognized. Crabb has exposed for me the evil in my "necessity, reasonableness, efficiency, even moral goodness." I have sobbed over my demandingness that God cooperate with my agenda. I am in the middle of cancer, foreclosure, job loss, insurance loss, betrayal, and am homeless---my husband and I are living with friends. I am desperate for truth---and at times more desperate for relief. But, in the midst of mitigating circumstances that should sideline me, Larry Crabb has invited me through 398 pages onto the dance floor to find a Love I know not. I'm not very good at the waltz but my Beautiful God has grabbed hold of my right arm (Psalm 63:8) and He is not letting go of me---and it's all right here in these 66 Love Letters. With every book of 66 Love Letters, this author gives me hope not just by seismic exposure but by leading me to the One Who Loves me so! I am wrestling and learning from this book to live more concerned about "my unholiness than about my overwhelming pain"---and that has to be God! It's only a taste but I am a tad little more "privileged by the high calling of my Christ than unsettled by my pain." God will rouse Himself up to do His Work in you, a very Strange Work through 66 Love Letters (Isaiah 28:21). I would be beside myself on this journey if it weren't for God using this book in my life at this time. If you read one book this year, here it is. This author is a modern-day Ezekiel gripped in the Love of God, calling us to visit untouched places in our hearts, beckoning us to walk into a Door of Hope (Hosea 2:14)---66 Love Letters. Bev Brandon
22 comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 19, 2016
I listened to it on audible - but there were so many thoughts that I wanted to write down I had to get the hard copy. Like all of Dr. Larry Crabb's book this is deep and thought provoking. I love the dialogue and how it progresses.
on March 10, 2015
I love this book! As I tried to read the bible through in a year, and I chose the chronological version, I became so overwhelmed by the wrath of God and the destruction of entire cities and peoples I had to put it down. I could not see how God revealed His love for us with all that violent judgement. 66 Love Letters is beautifully written to help me see how God does reveal His love, display His holiness and affirms my own doubts and questions. I can't wait to read the next chapter. (So far Leviticus is my favorite believe it or not!)
on October 22, 2016
Easy read along with your regular Bible study. It helps to clarify the main point from each book of the Bible.
on May 1, 2014
I highly reccomend this book and the audio book as well. The audio is read by the author and a friend. The whole book is a conversation between the author and God. It uses God's thoughts from the Bible to speak and it always leads to one primary purpose. I've bought 10 books to share with others and get them interested in reading and understanding the whole Bible.
on January 3, 2018
Very long and at times did not make sense. One caveat is you need a very extensive knowledge of the bible and what each book contains or you will be very lost in my opinion.
on December 16, 2017
I had heard about this on a radio program and bought it for my husband for his birthday. He just loved it! He told me I had to read it. It's excellent! He has bought it for a friend as a gift.
on March 6, 2018
This is a great read. I have enjoyed this book. I gives you a good feeling. It is like your getting a letter from a good friend. I have 4 copies of this book and given it to friends as gifts or thank you gifts if they helped me with something. I'm sure I will get more.
on August 9, 2014
Absolutely, one of the best devotionals I have ever owned. I have bought more copies and handed them out and all that receive and read the devotionals agree. Unique approach to relationship to God, but Biblical and personal, impactful. Great conformational gift.