Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "SINGER 7258 100-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 64% off the $299.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
SINGER 7258 100-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine with DVD, 10 Presser Feet and Metal Frame
|Price:||$160.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- 100 Stitch Sewing Machine with 10 Presser Feet Perfect For Crafting, Sewing and Quilting
- Easy Threading System with Automatic Needle Threader
- LED Display Screen with Automatic Stitch Length and Width
- Easy-to-Load Top Drop-In Bobbin System with Clear Cover
- Electronic Auto Pilot allows you to sew without the foot pedal and easily adjust maximum speed; 110 volt machine designed for United States and Canadian use only
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
The SINGER Stylist 7258 sewing machine boasts an array of features that make creating elegant garments and gifts for yourself and others fun and exciting. With 100 stitch patterns including six styles of fully automatic one-step buttonholes, automatic needle threader, adjustable stitch length and width, programmable needle up/down, easy push-button stitch selection, top drop-in bobbin, bright LED work light, and 10 presser feet (zigzag/all purpose, buttonhole, zipper, rolled hem, blind hem, darning and embroidery, overcast, straight stitch, gathering, satin stitch/straight stitch) and more in the on-board free arm storage compartment. It also comes with an instruction manual, seam puller/lint brush, spool caps/pin/felts, and screwdriver. The power cord is 69 inches long.
From the manufacturer
Create One-Of-A-Kind Pieces In No Time!
The SINGER 7258 Stylist sewing machine is a two time Consumers Digest award winner. According to the publication, products receiving the Best Buy designation merit special attention from consumers based on their combination of eight criteria: performance, ease of use, features, quality of construction, warranty, efficiency, styling, and maintenance and service requirements.
The Best Buy Seal and other licensed materials are registered certification marks and trademarks of Consumers Digest Communications, LLC, used under license.
Automatic Features Eliminate Guesswork
Easy Threading with Automatic Needle Threader
Threading the machine is so easy that you can have the entire machine threaded, from the spool to the needle’s eye, in just six seconds. Threading instructions are even printed on the sewing machine! The automatic needle threader is sewing’s biggest timesaver!
Easy-to-Load Top Drop-In Bobbin System with Clear Cover
The bobbin loads from the top, so it is easy to insert the bobbin. The clear cover makes it convenient to monitor the bobbin thread supply.
StayBright LED Light Illuminates Workspace
An LED light illuminates the sewing surface for optimal viewing. The long-lasting bulb (100,000 hours) stays cool regardless of how long the machine is being operated.
7 Fully Automatic Perfectly Sized Built-In Buttonholes
Choose from six different one-step buttonhole styles. Create perfectly sized buttonholes every time, no matter how many you want to make. One additional endless buttonhole allows you to create buttonholes with infinitely long sides.
Advanced Features Expand Your Creative Possibilities
Programmable Needle Up / Down
With Programmable Needle Up / Down, the needle can be programmed to stop in the highest up position, making it easier to remove fabric from the machine. The needle can also be programmed to stop in the down position which is ideal for pivoting, appliquéing and quilting.
Speed Control with Start / Stop Button
Unplug the foot control, press the Start button and the machine sews. You are still in complete control over the speed - just slide the Speed Control lever to the desired maximum speed. Perfect for beginners or precision stitching.
Heavy Duty Metal Frame
The internal Heavy Duty Metal Frame ensures that your sewing machine remains still while sewing so you never have to worry about skipped stitches!
100 Built-In Stitches
A large variety of stitches for all types or sewing, such as fashion sewing, quilting, heirloom, crafts, home and decorative sewing.
Expand Your Horizons
All-purpose foot (on machine), zipper foot, buttonhole foot, blind hem foot, satin stitch foot, overcasting foot, darning and embroidery foot, gathering foot, rolled hem foot, quarter inch foot. Pack of needles, bobbins (class 15j), thread spool caps, auxiliary spool pin, spool pin felt, darning plate, needle plate screwdriver, seam ripper / lint brush, soft-sided dust cover, foot pedal, power cord, instruction manual (English, Spanish, french), machine intro DVD.
100 Built-In Stitches
Includes 9 Essential, 8 Stretch, 76 Decorative and 7 Fully Automatic Buttonholes. A large variety of stitches for all types or sewing, such as fashion sewing, quilting, heirloom, crafts, home and decorative sewing.
Put Your Mind at Ease
Heavy Duty Metal Frame for skip-free sewing.
25-Year Limited Warranty.
Online Support available any time at our official site.
Social Media Support allows you to connect with other sewers for tips and tricks.
Singer Sewing Company offers a variety of helpful videos tutorials including the following topics: Threading, Installing a Bobbin and Presser Feet Training.
Consumer's Choice - More people own SINGER machines than all other brands combined.
Additional Features and Benefits
- Automatic Needle Threader.
- Programmable Needle Up/Down.
- StayBright LED Light
- Start / Stop Button and Speed Control.
- Automatic Tension
- Top Loading Bobbin System with Clear Cover.
- Automatic Locking Straight Stitch Function.
- Automatic Reverse
- Automatic Presser Foot Pressure.
- Twin Needle Capability
- 13 Needle Positions
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame
- 25-Year Limited Warranty
- Consumer's Digest Best Buy.
|7256 Fashion Mate||7258 Stylist|
|Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonholes||6||7|
|Programmable Needle Up / Down||✓|
|Speed Control with Start / Stop Button||✓|
|Extension Table Included|
|Number of Presser Feet Included||5||10|
|Presser Feet Included||All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch Foot.||All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Overcasting Foot, Gathering Foot, Narrow Rolled Hem Foot, Straight Stitch Foot, Side Cutter, Darning & Freehand Embroidery Foot.|
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top Customer Reviews
With that said, I didn't really need to spend more than I did on this machine. So, I'm perfectly happy!
1. The instruction manual is incredibly detailed. My basic Singer Esteem covered many features so briefly that I really didn't know what I was doing. The Stylist manual even goes so far as to explain many of the included 100 stitches. The machine is pretty self-explanatory to get setup if you've sewed before. But it's nice that any questions you have are probably in the manual and won't require a long Google search.
2. It sews VERY smoothly. And it's so much quieter than my old machine.
3. The option to have the needle stop up or down might not seem like a big deal - but it's SO convenient once you get used to it. I love it!
4. The slider to control the speed of the machine without the foot pedal also gives some speed control when the foot pedal is attached. Although my daughter is too young to sew now, I imagine that being able to limit the foot pedal's speed for a beginner will be a great plus. And when piecing together long strips of fabric, in particular, the ability to sew without the foot pedal attached is a nice luxury. I was afraid it would be scary and hard to stop. But the Start/Stop button is located in a very convenient place, making it easy to stop the machine with your finger that's feeding the fabric through.
5. The stitches are really pretty. To bring back up my old Singer Esteem II - it had some extra stitches that looked quite awful and I wondered why anyone would ever use them. I kind of expected that with this model too, but since I sew mostly children's clothing, it didn't matter a lot to me if anything but standard stitches worked. But I have been very pleasantly surprised. I've already found myself embellishing some items with the pretty choices.
6. Can you believe how many presser feet are included with this machine? Really, that alone is what sold me on it. I compared with other machines that offered all the other features except for the feet, and some were even more money. I'd never gotten to use a ruffler foot before this. No more sewing a long stitch and pulling to create my ruffle - the machine does it for me! I've been experimenting with the embroidery foot. They're all awesome.
7. The ONLY problem I've had with the machine is this: When I have the needle in the setting to end "down", and I stop and need to remove my fabric, and I turn the wheel to move the needle, the thread gets too tight (upper thread) and breaks as I pull my fabric out. I've found that the simple solution is to turn the need to the "up" position, do a quick backstitch, and the thread pulls with no problem.
8. I've had zero problems with the bobbin so far. It is super easy to load. It hasn't jammed (which my old machine did all the stinking time!). And, while the plastic cover over the bobbin compartment originally concerned me because of durability questions, I'm really liking being able to see how much bobbin thread I have left. In my old, front loading bobbin machine, I was always surprised to run out of bobbin thread....often after having sewn a very long time without it (a big pain). Now I can keep an easy eye on it without having to unthread it.
So that's it. I love this machine. If you can afford a much more expensive machine, like $500+, then get it. But if you're looking in the $190-$300 range, this one seems to be one of the best. And if you're just starting sewing, skip the $100 machines and just go straight for this model. It's affordable, and makes sewing seem easier because the machine just does what it should.
Although I've made my own garments for years, I now have a small handbag business. I considered buying an industrial machine because I often sew on really thick fabrics like denim, but this machine easily sews through 4 layers of denim with interfacings! I also make alot of clothing from knit fabric and love the stretch stitches available on this machine. This machine is a real workhorse and I give it a 5 thumbs up!!
I have no negatives at all to say about this machine except that I wish the storage compartment was a little larger.