Beauty Books with Buzz Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Showing 1-10 of 243 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 300 reviews
on May 24, 2016
I've had this machine a little over a month now and have done quite a bit of quilt piecing on it as well as some small quilting projects. This machine sews beautifully. The setup is simple and the instructions clear. The foot pedal is very responsive and once you get used to it, you're able to sew at whatever speed you need. The light is very bright and clearly illuminates around the presser foot so you can easily see what you are doing. The extension table give you a wonderful workspace that is sturdy and easy to take on/off. Besides the extension table the big selling point for me on the machine is the needle up/down option, I use this SO much and it works perfectly. The needle threader takes a few practice tries to get good at it, but it works well once you get the hang of it. The self-feeding bobbin is a dream, it works perfectly every time. Lastly, you get a wonderful assortment of accessories. And as a big bonus I hadn't even planned on, this machine is so much quieter than my older Singer. When I sew at a slow speed doing piece work, I can hold a conversation on speakerphone with no noise interference.

Overall I'm really enjoying this machine. I did have a "duh" moment when I first fired it up, I didn't check if the installed needle size matched my thread (it did not) and I kept breaking my thread until I swapped out the needle for the correct size for my thread weight. Once I changed needles I've had no issues with thread breakage. Just something to think about if you have thread breakage problems. Most thread companies websites provide the recommended needles for their different weight threads.

I give it 5-stars here a month in after buying it, I'll update in six months and let you all know if I still love it.

As a disclaimer - I purchased the factory refurbished model and not a new machine.
29 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on October 4, 2015
I really wanted to love this machine. It has multiple features that I was excited about: such as down needle position, twin needle option, enough fancy stitches to entertain me, up/down feed dog operation (more on this later) and that great little accessory package just for us quilters! That little package included a "scant" 1/4 inch presser foot that everyone who quilts wants (more on this later). So I buy one from Amazon and use it for a couple of weeks making small items like totes, wine carriers, etc. more of a whole cloth quilting thing. Thinking ahead to Christmas. Then one day I go to sew and the feed dogs are down for good. Nothing was going to raise them. So I sent it back to Amazon and got a replacement. One thing I noticed on the first machine is that there was "play" between the presser foot and fabric even when the feed dogs were fully engaged and I thought that was weird as I didn't have that on my old singer. So second 7469Q arrives and I decide to make a serious quilt project. Using a fairly involved pattern of a billion 3" squares (you know how many seams are involved) and I'm excited about that "scant" presser foot. So I get started and I notice that when using the "scant 1/4 inch presser foot" the seams weren't deep enough to sit on the right side feed dog. This is my guess, but what I experienced as a result of "short" seams is the fabric would not feed through the machine smoothly. Every time I started stitching the feed dog that the fabric did rest on would "skew" the fabric and make it bunch before straightening out. Not a good feature for quilting. Then when piecing the piece together 7469Q didn't want to go through multiple layers. It would "baulk" at each seam and bunch the stitches making it impossible to rip seams out when necessary (and for me it's almost always necessary). So I started making initial seams using the #7 stitch length which would be easier to rip out if needed. If not, I stitched the seam again using #4 setting. So now I'm doing all seams twice! Crazy right. And even on the #7 setting stitches still bunched at the seams. So I'm returning 7469Q two and will shop around. On the plus side: this machine is user friendly, a breeze to thread and the best bobbin winder I've used. I really wanted to love it, but I'm leaving it instead.
39 people found this helpful
on March 2, 2017
BEWARE;!!! SINGER HAS SOLD ITS NAME TO A UNNAMED COMPANY AND IS NO LONGER INVOLVED IN MAKING SEWING MACHINES.. I bought Confidence Quilter Computerized machine, it lasted 3 weeks THEN THE MOTOR BLEW UP. There is now only one place in this area who is authorized to repair Singers. It is two hours distant from my home. I got it repaired, took it home, it worked for another two weeks and the same thing happened. I have owned Singers for all my adult life and they have always been very reliable, not now. Sadly, I hate to see this trusted brand be so diminished.
13 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on February 14, 2018
My wife LOVES this machine. I bought it for her as a surprise. She got into quilting and has been using the crap out of this thing. I think she's had it for about 2 years now and it has never missed a beat. Keep it clean and get it serviced regularly and it will not let you down. I clean the thread and fabric dust out of it about every 2 months or so and oil it at the same time. The real maintenance/tune up is done by the pros once a year,
3 people found this helpful
on December 7, 2015
Terrible item. Bobbin could not stay in place and the thread was constantly getting off the track, causing snarls. It all just seemed loose with poor tension, and not like a competent machine. I was unable to successfully sew a single row and I have been sewing for years! I use an older singer (1952) so I was hoping to upgrade to a lighter and quick to set up model. This was clearly not a good choice.
9 people found this helpful
on March 26, 2017
I love this machine so far! My old one was garbage and I'd been looking at this one for a while. I has a lot of great features, like the clear bobbin cover, and the easy threading. I especially like the auto tension, which bypasses a lot of the issues I had with my old machine. I've only sewn a couple of things on it so far, but now that I have a machine that really performs well, I hope to do more. I'd recommend it.
3 people found this helpful
on March 20, 2016
Seemed like a solid machine. I loved all the extras for quilters thrown in, that's a lot of the reason I tried it. I read the reviews and was hesitant, but took the chance anyway. As others have mentioned before, this machine gets stuck if your seams aren't nesting perfect, or when using a bulkier loft batting. I do a lot of charity quilting with donated materials, and since I can't control the quality of the materials I get, this machine just won't work for me. The needle threader is fickle and doesn't always work smooth. After I wound a bobbin on the machine and began using it, the auto tension wouldn't adjust properly, and manual tuning of the tension didn't help the issue, either. The only conclusion I can see is that the machine's bobbin winder doesn't always wind with the proper tension. Other than those things, the machine sounded good, strong, but it just won't work for me. I'm returning it.
10 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on July 26, 2015
I bought this in January 2014 and it worked beautifully until June 2015. It began malfunctioning while sewing 2 pieces of flannel with a simple straight stitch. While sewing it seemed like my machine became possessed as it started sewing erratically then stopping and the needle seemed to shudder, pause, skip and begin again. The stitches that it produced were very lose and the backside was a tangly mess. Frustrated, I gave up for a few days and tried again in a few days. When I started up again the foot pedal would not work!! I decided to take it into a local shop, not an official Singer shop. On the counter I saw a long line of machines with tags waiting to be repaired -- ALL of them were Singers. The technician called later and said that the motherboard was fried. He said that it wouldn't be worth it to be repaired. I called Singer and they said it was still under the warranty and they'd pay for it to be fixed but it would be my responsibility to get it to a Singer repair center. The nearest is 410 miles away and would cost about $100 to ship it there. I decided I'd put that $100 toward a new machine and bud that piece of junk farwell. I'm still researching and shopping but I know I will definitely NOT buy another Singer. I hope mine was just a lemon but from the looks of it, it seems to be closer to the norm. I suggest looking into another brand.
20 people found this helpful
on July 8, 2016
I am in love with this machine! My simple brother sewing machine broke and I decided I needed an upgrade. I went with the singer confidence quilter and couldn't be any happier. I have always had good luck with refurbished electronics purchased through Amazon and this was no exception.
The quality of the stitches is great. Sure, it's no $3000 machine but it is amazing just the same. I would recommend the singer confidence quilter to anyone. Worth very penny, especially since it isn't full price :)
2 people found this helpful
on December 30, 2012
This machine is replacing a 25 year old Singer, that has been such a workhorse, but I really felt a need to upgrade. As a quilter, this machine is just the upgrade needed. If I had to say one downside, when the machine is in free arm, it loses some stability and has a tendency to vibrate/jump while sewing. Since I use the free arm so infrequently it is something I can live with. Switching stitches is a breeze, my old Singer actually has disks that need to be inserted in the machine to change stitches,this 7469Q is with the touch of a button.
The auto threader and bobbin winder is fabulous! Others have cited issues, but I have had none at all. I would definitely recommend this machine especially for quilting, the quilting foot makes it a breeze.
7 people found this helpful