Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18PP_gno

Showing 1-10 of 237 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 294 reviews
on May 24, 2016
I've had this machine a little over a month now and have done quite a bit of quilt piecing on it as well as some small quilting projects. This machine sews beautifully. The setup is simple and the instructions clear. The foot pedal is very responsive and once you get used to it, you're able to sew at whatever speed you need. The light is very bright and clearly illuminates around the presser foot so you can easily see what you are doing. The extension table give you a wonderful workspace that is sturdy and easy to take on/off. Besides the extension table the big selling point for me on the machine is the needle up/down option, I use this SO much and it works perfectly. The needle threader takes a few practice tries to get good at it, but it works well once you get the hang of it. The self-feeding bobbin is a dream, it works perfectly every time. Lastly, you get a wonderful assortment of accessories. And as a big bonus I hadn't even planned on, this machine is so much quieter than my older Singer. When I sew at a slow speed doing piece work, I can hold a conversation on speakerphone with no noise interference.

Overall I'm really enjoying this machine. I did have a "duh" moment when I first fired it up, I didn't check if the installed needle size matched my thread (it did not) and I kept breaking my thread until I swapped out the needle for the correct size for my thread weight. Once I changed needles I've had no issues with thread breakage. Just something to think about if you have thread breakage problems. Most thread companies websites provide the recommended needles for their different weight threads.

I give it 5-stars here a month in after buying it, I'll update in six months and let you all know if I still love it.

As a disclaimer - I purchased the factory refurbished model and not a new machine.
22 comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 2, 2017
BEWARE;!!! SINGER HAS SOLD ITS NAME TO A UNNAMED COMPANY AND IS NO LONGER INVOLVED IN MAKING SEWING MACHINES.. I bought Confidence Quilter Computerized machine, it lasted 3 weeks THEN THE MOTOR BLEW UP. There is now only one place in this area who is authorized to repair Singers. It is two hours distant from my home. I got it repaired, took it home, it worked for another two weeks and the same thing happened. I have owned Singers for all my adult life and they have always been very reliable, not now. Sadly, I hate to see this trusted brand be so diminished.
on October 4, 2015
I really wanted to love this machine. It has multiple features that I was excited about: such as down needle position, twin needle option, enough fancy stitches to entertain me, up/down feed dog operation (more on this later) and that great little accessory package just for us quilters! That little package included a "scant" 1/4 inch presser foot that everyone who quilts wants (more on this later). So I buy one from Amazon and use it for a couple of weeks making small items like totes, wine carriers, etc. more of a whole cloth quilting thing. Thinking ahead to Christmas. Then one day I go to sew and the feed dogs are down for good. Nothing was going to raise them. So I sent it back to Amazon and got a replacement. One thing I noticed on the first machine is that there was "play" between the presser foot and fabric even when the feed dogs were fully engaged and I thought that was weird as I didn't have that on my old singer. So second 7469Q arrives and I decide to make a serious quilt project. Using a fairly involved pattern of a billion 3" squares (you know how many seams are involved) and I'm excited about that "scant" presser foot. So I get started and I notice that when using the "scant 1/4 inch presser foot" the seams weren't deep enough to sit on the right side feed dog. This is my guess, but what I experienced as a result of "short" seams is the fabric would not feed through the machine smoothly. Every time I started stitching the feed dog that the fabric did rest on would "skew" the fabric and make it bunch before straightening out. Not a good feature for quilting. Then when piecing the piece together 7469Q didn't want to go through multiple layers. It would "baulk" at each seam and bunch the stitches making it impossible to rip seams out when necessary (and for me it's almost always necessary). So I started making initial seams using the #7 stitch length which would be easier to rip out if needed. If not, I stitched the seam again using #4 setting. So now I'm doing all seams twice! Crazy right. And even on the #7 setting stitches still bunched at the seams. So I'm returning 7469Q two and will shop around. On the plus side: this machine is user friendly, a breeze to thread and the best bobbin winder I've used. I really wanted to love it, but I'm leaving it instead.
0Comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 26, 2015
I bought this in January 2014 and it worked beautifully until June 2015. It began malfunctioning while sewing 2 pieces of flannel with a simple straight stitch. While sewing it seemed like my machine became possessed as it started sewing erratically then stopping and the needle seemed to shudder, pause, skip and begin again. The stitches that it produced were very lose and the backside was a tangly mess. Frustrated, I gave up for a few days and tried again in a few days. When I started up again the foot pedal would not work!! I decided to take it into a local shop, not an official Singer shop. On the counter I saw a long line of machines with tags waiting to be repaired -- ALL of them were Singers. The technician called later and said that the motherboard was fried. He said that it wouldn't be worth it to be repaired. I called Singer and they said it was still under the warranty and they'd pay for it to be fixed but it would be my responsibility to get it to a Singer repair center. The nearest is 410 miles away and would cost about $100 to ship it there. I decided I'd put that $100 toward a new machine and bud that piece of junk farwell. I'm still researching and shopping but I know I will definitely NOT buy another Singer. I hope mine was just a lemon but from the looks of it, it seems to be closer to the norm. I suggest looking into another brand.
on February 14, 2018
My wife LOVES this machine. I bought it for her as a surprise. She got into quilting and has been using the crap out of this thing. I think she's had it for about 2 years now and it has never missed a beat. Keep it clean and get it serviced regularly and it will not let you down. I clean the thread and fabric dust out of it about every 2 months or so and oil it at the same time. The real maintenance/tune up is done by the pros once a year,
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 12, 2016
Love love this machine !! Easy set up .. Runs like a charm !!
review imagereview image
on December 30, 2012
This machine is replacing a 25 year old Singer, that has been such a workhorse, but I really felt a need to upgrade. As a quilter, this machine is just the upgrade needed. If I had to say one downside, when the machine is in free arm, it loses some stability and has a tendency to vibrate/jump while sewing. Since I use the free arm so infrequently it is something I can live with. Switching stitches is a breeze, my old Singer actually has disks that need to be inserted in the machine to change stitches,this 7469Q is with the touch of a button.
The auto threader and bobbin winder is fabulous! Others have cited issues, but I have had none at all. I would definitely recommend this machine especially for quilting, the quilting foot makes it a breeze.
on January 12, 2014
This SINGER 7469Q Confidence Quilter Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine is a good starter free motion sewing machine. It has everything, but the throat is small, and the machine has problems going over doubled seams. I have already made my first quilt, a queen-size quilt, and was able to quilt it without too many problems. It didn't take me too long to figure out how to operate the machine; it is quite simple and I love the built in stitches. I recommend this machine as a starter machine to beginner sewers and quilters. Thank you
on January 15, 2013
Bought this sewing machine for my wife for Christmas. It does everything she wanted it for. She loved it. Super price and really fast delivery. However, now in September(9 months later) I had to bring the machine in for repair. Repairman said if the machine binds up a little it breaks the plastic gear inside and it has to be replaced. This to a tune of $70. Machine not sounding like such a good deal anymore.
on October 29, 2016
For the price this has been one of my better machines. I haven't tried denim or canvas, but so far everything else seems to work very well. I've owned many singer machines over the years and have never been disappointed.