Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Size: 77 mm|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 52 reviews(3 star, Verified Purchases). See all 2,635 reviews
on December 1, 2016
I'm using this on my new (expensive) Nikkor lens. I always have used uv filters to protect my front lens element(s) but opted for less expensive alternatives. I decided to give this one a try:

1) Very well constructed. Much heavier than others
2) Fits well
3) No noticeable distortion of any sort

3 stars because although it's a "beefy" filter I think it's way overpriced.
on November 29, 2013
With an expensive new camera and a different lens size, a new UV filter was essential. If I'd needed to pay full price for this filter (lens protector), I would definitely have had second thoughts. But since it was a Christmas present, what the heck. I don't have the tools or the inclination to do the forensic inspection necessary to test whether the additional quality beats out other filters at half the price. I do find, though, that trying to fit a Polarizing filter (also B&W) to the mount on top of the UV filter is very fiddly; more than once I have thought I had attached it only to have to catch the polarizer as I righted the camera. Definitely not to be tried with gloves on when the weather is cold.
on December 29, 2016
heavy . plus provides fringing and ghosting
on June 17, 2014
The dust on the coating and it has a scratch on the marginal. It does not look so new. i was disappointed.
on May 24, 2016
There is no complaint if there is not strong light in your photo. The two test pictures were shot on Sony A7r2, with Sony Zeiss 55mm 1.8 prime lens. I think everyone can see the flares in one of the photo, which was shot with this filter...
review image review image
on January 27, 2014
The B+W clear uv haze filter is one of the best you can buy, I am definitely happy with my purchase even though it was delivered with scuff marks around the rim of the filter. Amazon credited me for the damage.
on May 29, 2016
Filter arrived with finger prints. Package had been opened. Needed to be cleaned prior to use. I am a fan of B+W filters in general. This one appeared to be a return.
on September 4, 2017
When placed on Haoge lh-x49w shade won't screw all the way in.
on May 30, 2016
When you shoot on a light source, there is green reflect spot on your image. It is a little difficult to clean to 100%.
on November 6, 2013
Not much you can say about an every day UV haze filter. It is performing as expected. I have a circular polarizer on order, so the UV filter may start spending more time in my camera bag.