|Screen Size||8.9 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1024 x 600 pixels|
|Processor||1 GHz Intel Atom|
|RAM||1 GB DDR2-SDRAM|
|Hard Drive||160 GB|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Integrated Graphics|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||3|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||7 hours|
ASUS Eee PC 904HA 8.9-Inch Netbook (1.6 GHz Intel ATOM N270 Processor, 1 GB RAM, 160 GB Hard Drive, 10 GB Eee Storage, XP Home, 6 Cell Battery) Fine Ebony
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- XP-Preloaded with 160G large HDD.
- ASUS Super Hybrid Engine and 6 cell high density battery pack allow for longer battery lifespan.
- High Speed Connectivity Anywhere with Wi-Fi 802.11b/g.
- Exclusive 10GB Eee Storage with easy accessibility anywhere online.
- Free 1 YR Warranty (6 month for battery, 30 day ZBD Guaranteed)
- Super Hybrid Engine offers a choice of performance and power consumption modes for easy adjustments according to various needs.
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
[One more addition on how I fixed my keyboard. Go down to the Keyboard section for my addition. - 1/13/09]
[After using it for another month, I am adding to this review - 12/23/08]
I got this netbook last week and am having a great time with it. I have a decent core 2 duo 14" laptop and when I use the two side by side, my new netbook has no problem keeping up with the speed of the other one.
Let me break it down for you here...
1) Why I chose to buy Asus eee pc 904ha - I considered several options, but the reputation of Asus won me over. And then from the various models, I was getting differing opinions concerning celeron vs atom. In the end, I was reading that the speed was comparable but atom used less juice and so produced less heat. And so atom was chosen. Most people complained that the SDD on eee pc was problematic and so I chose the large 160 sata hd. I almost bought 900ha. In fact, I canceled the order right after I bought it. I changed to 904ha because I was reading that the keyboard on the 900 was simply too small. I was reading that people had to get adjusted to it. My fingers are large, and so I didn't want to take a chance on it. In the end, I love the keyboard of the 904ha. I'll talk more about it below.
2) Screen - I love the screen. I was worried that I would regret the small 9", but the screen fills up really nicely. I use the F11 button often to read the internet articles, and I have no trouble reading the fonts. The screens are getting better and better - imho, my new 9" screen shows better color saturation than my 2 yr old 14".Read more ›
After looking at the various netbooks, I settled on the ASUS because I liked the design and the fact that it could be easily upgraded. I wanted the smallest screen that I could comfortably use to surf the web. I settled on 8.9", but I also wanted a netbook size that would fit comfortably on my lap and enable me to touch type easily. I know the 904 models have a larger bezel around the screen and to me that is an advantage because I often pull the laptop around on my lap by the sides of the screen.
After ordering this laptop I thought I might be disappointed by the 8.9" screen and that I should have gone with the 10.2", but after getting this laptop I found I prefer the smaller size because I can view more information at a glance.
This netbook is a great performer and starts quickly. You can learn more about the many features on the reviews for the 1000HA. It comes with a great case to protect it and the battery life is very good. I only tried using it for 6 hours on battery and it was still going strong.
I have the black version and think it is beautiful, but the white version with the black and white contrast looks very sharp. I like having a small full featured laptop that I can carry around with me. I use my cell phone as my UMPC to read email and look up information on the web when I am on the go.Read more ›
Alongside the 1 gig of ram, you get a 160 gig hard drive which is split up into your C and D drive. There is so much space to store whatever you need over the course of use with your netbook and still...if you wish to purchase a USB drive you can because this device comes with three USB 2.0 connection ports.
Transferring images from a camera is easy especially since you can insert a media card into the card slot located on the side of the Netbook.
One con about the netbook is that it lacks a CD drive. Although this takes away from watching DVD's and installing programs via cd-rom, you can still enjoy the use of this device to a great degree.
The keyboard is amazing. I find that the keyboard is spacious and good enough to write properly and as fast as I used to on a standard laptop keyboard.
One of the programs I added on was Microsoft Office Pro XP. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and all the other programs work extremely smooth on the Netbook. So yes, you can install the programs and expect them to run very well
I needed to purchase a laptop fast since my old one died and I need something to carry with me in case I have to write a report or write up computer programs and I found this one and it caught my eye immediately. The price alone is something that is to be acknowledged.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
this is weird because I don't remember buying this, it must been good to me with the least to say about itPublished on June 20, 2014 by Walled Saadi Yaghmour
At first i was kind of skeptic due to the fact that this laptop did not have a cd drive. Yet it turned out the be quite useful. Picks up wifi and operates fast. Read morePublished on December 17, 2013 by Jongho Ostreicher
Best decision I have made in a long time. I have really enjoyed it!! I am thinking of buying one for our son for school.Published on November 19, 2012 by Kathleen Hutton
I have this netbook for more than 2 years. i am very satisfied. i did a lot of research for SMALL screen sized netbooks, easy to carry in your purse, very light and quite reliable. Read morePublished on November 23, 2011 by Lilly Y.
I bought this computer as a refurbished item and it does work. I was amazed when I saw it came with two Atom processors. Read morePublished on June 8, 2011 by Christian Tenorio
I've had this EEE PC for nearly 2 years now and I am very happy with it. I love the small size - easy to travel with and great to see your photos on and use wifi. Read morePublished on October 12, 2010 by cjp
If you travel a lot, this netbook is just the perfect traveler. Fits in your purse or small laptop bag. Great battery life as well.Published on November 6, 2009 by Chava Gata
The computer is all I would like, but wireless don't work for more than 2 meters from router. Any router, any place. I contacted ASUS support, but anyone can help me. Read morePublished on August 8, 2009 by Celina X. Mendonca
This netbook is quick, agile and delivers on battery life. The SD card reading slot is handy if you take a lot of digital pics.Published on July 31, 2009 by Simsim