Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 347 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 376 reviews
on January 21, 2016
I purchased this 808 keychain camera in Jan, 2016. I've deducted 3 stars for the following reasons:

1. The instructions for this camera are horrible.
2. It is difficult to insert/extract the sd card. After initially testing the camera, I reinserted the same sd card which became stuck in the camera. The sd card slot was aligned slightly lower than the camera slot for the sd card which made it impossible to extract. Upon opening the camera to retrieve the sd card, I came across a 2nd sd card that was wedged underneath the battery. Apparently, the camera had been returned by someone after they weren't able to retrieve their sd card which became explains why the slot was misaligned. Perhaps I should give them an additional star for the 'bonus' 8GB sd card.
3. According to the seller, video is recorded in "480p (720x480) quality full color video at 30 frames per second". I've recorded several videos using several different sd cards and the output is ~20 FPS. The highest framerate that I have achieved is 22 FPS. However, I consider the video quality as acceptable for such an inexpensive camera.
4. According to the seller, photos are "SXGA (1280x1024, 24 bit) quality full color pictures saved in .jpeg format." This is simply not true. Apparently, the camera uses the same hardware for both photos and video. The photo output is actually 720x480, which is 345K pixels, compared to the advertised 1.3M pixels.

Below is detailed information for the video and photo output:

larry@compaq-notebook:~/Videos/808/VIDEO$ avprobe MOVI0000.avi
avprobe version 11.2-6:11.2-1, Copyright (c) 2007-2014 the Libav developers
built on Jan 18 2015 05:14:46 with gcc 4.9.2 (Ubuntu 4.9.2-10ubuntu2)
[avi @ 0x8548d80] non-interleaved AVI
[mjpeg @ 0x85495e0] only 8 bits/component accepted
[mjpeg @ 0x85495e0] Found EOI before any SOF, ignoring
[mjpeg @ 0x85495e0] overread 7
Input #0, avi, from 'MOVI0000.avi':
Duration: 00:10:00.06, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 2805 kb/s
Stream #0.0: Video: mjpeg, yuvj422p, 720x480 [PAR 72:72 DAR 3:2], 20.17 fps, 30 tbn
Stream #0.1: Audio: pcm_s16le, 16000 Hz, 1 channels, s16, 256 kb/s
# avprobe output

larry@compaq-notebook:~/Videos/808/PHOTO$ avprobe PIC000.jpg
avprobe version 11.2-6:11.2-1, Copyright (c) 2007-2014 the Libav developers
built on Jan 18 2015 05:14:46 with gcc 4.9.2 (Ubuntu 4.9.2-10ubuntu2)
Input #0, image2, from 'PIC000.jpg':
Duration: 00:00:00.04, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A
Stream #0.0: Video: mjpeg, yuvj422p, 720x480 [PAR 72:72 DAR 3:2], 25 tbn
# avprobe output
on January 14, 2014
This is basically a toy. Need do take serious video? Spend some serious money on a serious camera. But if you want a tiny camera that is cheap enough to lose or destroy, and you're willing to accept the challenge of figuring it out as part of the fun, I recommend it. This is the second one I've owned..I accidentally broke the first one. I like to attach these to model rockets; others attach them to R/C vehicles, helmets, glasses, etc for cheap and exciting action videos.

Common complaints and solutions:
1. Doesn't charge: The problem may be the cheap USB cord. I found two other cords that were chargers for old cell phones...they work much better.
2. Won't turn on: It will need to charge for 1.5- 2 hours first. If it's not charging, the problem could be the cord, see #1.
3. Can't figure out how to take videos or pictures: Google "808 keychain camera" and you'll find much clearer instructions and YouTube videos that will help. the buttons take a bit of getting used to.
4. Can't upload videos: It only puts out video in an .AVI format. It can be converted to other formats but that's up to your own software and resourcefulness.

For more information go to [...] This fellow went to a lot of trouble to compile a lot of information about these cameras.
on April 18, 2014
Had a difficult time telling if it was recording, and I still have no clue when it is recording.

You will need a micro SD card for this. I am not sure how much memory it supports.

It works, the sound is decent, and the video is acceptable. If you want this for a micro helicopter, it will work, but the video will be blurry due to the motion. You might have to adjust it so it will stabilize the video.

I attached it to the bottom of my SYMA mini helicopter and it fit perfectly. You will need to remove the components from the plastic holder. This will expose the circuit board and battery inside. Use electric tape or glue to attach it to the bottom of the helicopter.

I will definitely be working with this camera to see if I can get it to function properly with my helicopter.

If you don't mind the hassle of trying to figure this camera out then I say go for it since it is only $6.

The only thing I do not like is it does not have a proper system to tell you if it is recording or not.
on October 9, 2014
Not a very good product overall. I saw mixed reviews and decided to give it a shot. When it came I was excited, because the camera worked great. But the directions were all in a foreign language. It was all characters from an Asian language (not sure which one). I had to look up how to use it online. This wasn't hard, because there are lots of youtube how-to videos. However, the camera functioned well for a couple weeks (although I only used it maybe 5-7 times), before it simply wouldn't turn on. I looked up many troubleshooting options but to no avail. Apparently the thing breaks for a majority of people, given time. If you want something that lasts, it might be prudent to pick a slightly more expensive product (only because it's probably better quality).
on July 24, 2014
I was able to take Five pictures and one very short video when testing it. I looked at the video and pictures after plugging it into my computer, and was understanding of the poor quality of the pics and video since it is a cheap camera. I wanted to try it out some more so I took more pictures and video (so I thought). When I plugged it into the computer again it came up with a windows message saying it couldn't recognize the usb device. The camera had been charged for a day, so the battery should be fine. When I tried to charge it again no luck, and no light this time indicating it was charging. When I Googled the issue some people found that it is one of the pins the micro SD touches inside the camera has broken, and they couldn't fix it even with soldering. I spent $7 for about two minutes of fun before it broke. Kind of expensive. Guess I got what I paid for, a cheap piece of junk
on November 24, 2015
 This appears to be the 808 #24. Save your money and look for the #16 or #18 from verified sellers. The video has a low framerate with an abundance of dropped frames, frame tearing, and is almost impossible to edit or transcode into something useful due to their odd AVI encoding method. The video quality is very low and the lens is distorted. I used it for a single model rocket launch and am currently waiting on a #18 purchased here from another supplier.
on September 29, 2015
Shipping was fast, and the packaging was fine. But the camera... this thing is not very good. As long as your expectations aren't high I guess it's fine. Appropriate for a child that want's to play with a camera and take video. I placed this on my drone, on a stabilizer even, and it was shakey and the video quality is terrible. The 2MP (not HD) camera that came on my drone is better than this. The camera lense doesnt seem to be level either because when I take pictures/video it's aim is off. On its second use it froze up after taking video and I had to put a pin in it to reset it. For $8 it's mildly entertaining and I may find a use for it, but you'd be better off getting a Mobius or a real 808 #16 keychain camera with a wide angle lens.
on July 27, 2015
I have bought a number of these cameras through Amazon, and have been pleased with them. I tape them to the sides of rockets to get videos of the rocket in flight. The reason I use them is because they are fairly inexpensive, but provide a reasonable quality. I just ordered two more from this vendor, and am very disappointed! Let me prelude this with the fact that I am experienced with these little cameras (owned seven of them now). I know how to operate them, and how to change the dates on them through the MicroSD, so this isn't an operator error.
The first camera I opened it up, charged it, and put a 4 GB card in it. I shot a few test videos, to see how the quality is, and the camera was completely out of focus and extremely low quality. After seeing the blurry video, I decided to send the first one back, and though for sure the second one would be okay.
I opened up the second camera and let it charge. I then put in a 4 GB card, and turned it on. I started recording the video, to which the light flashed a few times then went solid. No buttons respond at all on the camera. It is completely locked up. So, now both are going back.
Don't expect a great video from these cameras, but for what I do with them they work well. Both of the cameras that I got from this vendor are unusable.
on February 16, 2016
I purchased 2 of these for use in model rocketry. The picture/video quality is not great, but more than adequate for my purposes. Both of them have worked fine on numerous flights, with one surviving a 110 fps fall when a main chute didn't open (rocket didn't fare as well...). These cameras allow me to review the footage afterwards to see if the ejection occurred at apogee, chute gets tangled, etc. For about $7 each, I have no complaints. Shipping from China? was rather quick considering. I had my cameras in about 10 days. I can't complain for what these cost. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what version of the camera I received, Judging by the varying reviews, some versions seem to work better than others. You will still need a micro SD card for memory.
on May 2, 2014
It's been less than 2-weeks since I purchased, received, and trashed this product. I was able to use it 4-5 times over a 3-day period before it just stopped working. I initially thought the battery was low, but it just stopped working.

I had read the comments of the other reviewers and made sure to keep it in my pocket to be as gentle as possible, but it still crapped out.

The picture / video quality was about as good as you could expect for $10, but at the rate they break you'll need to order 2-3 of them every month.