Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

86 Years: The Legend of the Boston Red Sox
Format: Hardcover|Change

on August 7, 2017
Really nice book. Tells the story with great illustrations. My son carries it around with him!
on August 16, 2007
I've been a Red Sox fan now since the mid-60's and have lived and died a thousand deaths with this team. But all of those years of suffering were completely erased thanks to the efforts of that great 2004 team of "idiots".

In my late 40's, I became a father for the first time and it goes without saying that despite the fact that I'm now living in Toronto, my son, Brandon, is going to grow up a Red Sox fan. Red Sox Nation is not limited to the New England area - Red Sox fans can be found everywhere.

I can't wait to spend some time with Brandon reading this book. I love the pictures - I know he will too - and I really enjoyed the short and poignant story that traced the history of this team from the early 20th century to the 2004 World Series.

All of the characters that we came to love are profiled briefly in these pages. The book conveys the wonderful connection that these guys had with entire families - fans of the Red Sox young and old. There is a wonderful drawing of a husband and wife in bed together - the husband is wearing his Red Sox cap and you know it's late as they watch the game that was Game 4 of the ALCS when Papi won it with a home run in extra innings. Who can ever forget the Red Sox winning two playoff games within the span of 24 hours..!!

It doesn't matter how old you are - this is a wonderful book and I'm hoping that some day when my young son is all grown up and has a young boy of his own, that he'll read it with him some day too.

Thanks for 2004, Red Sox - I love you guys..!!
33 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 6, 2017
Awesome! We all love it!
on November 8, 2007
Our small grandson received one as he joined his dad and grandfathers (yes, one lives near Denver) for the current World Series. In his Red Sox regalia, he wanted it read to him again and again. His great-grandfather had seen the last Series before this one, just like the book talks about, and anyone with children who need to be raised as True Believers should make sure they have a copy to pass on to their children in the future.
on February 28, 2006
This book is wonderful! The pictures are great and the story is very entertaining. I'm going to pick one up for all the Red Sox fans in y family, young and old.
on November 25, 2014
A must for all members of Red Sox Nation!
on September 22, 2007
Excellent book for any Red Sox fan young or old. Great story for the young, great nostalgia for the not-so-young! A must for any Bostonian!
on January 6, 2009
This is a great book for Red Sox fans of any age. It's just a really nice book to have. It has great illustrations and a nice simple history.
VINE VOICEon October 29, 2007
Although this is a children's book, people of all ages will delight in it. The illustrations are genuine masterpieces.

The book warms up with a Red Sox game in 1918. Somebody's Great-Grandfather watches that game and celebrates the Red Sox' 2004 victory, poignantly reminicing about that 1918 victory. At the time of this review, Boston is celebrating the 2007 Sweep in the World Series against the Colorado Rockies! Go Boston!

Dirty Water was the anthem of the 2007 World Series. The Standells' classic was very a propos!

The illustrations bring history into the picture, literally with the Duck Float Parade; the 1918 lineup and the excitement of the game! Varitek, who helped the Red Sox barrel into victory in 2004 was also part of the Victory Team in 2007! Go, Boston!

I recommend this book for everyone. If you like good baseball and you love Boston, then you want this book. It will hit a home run into the hearts of all readers, just as Lowell hit that winning home run in Game 4 of the 2007 World Series! Go Boston!
on April 29, 2006
This beautifully-illustrated children's book starts with Great-Grandpa watching the Red Sox in 1918 and celebrates in detail the 2004 victory from the playoffs through the Duck Boat parade. The pictures and text are wonderfully detailed and (best of all for a diehard fan like me) accurate, from the bloody sock to watching the late-night playoff games in bed to Roberts' steal to the victory parade.

It's recommended for ages 4-8, but my friend's 3-year-old already enjoys picking out Curt Schilling, Jason Varitek, and Johnny Damon in the pictures. I liked it so much I bought another copy for myself... this makes a great keepsake and will be enjoyed by Red Sox fans of any age!