Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 88 Keys & Counting
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEM

90%
10%
Format: Audio CD|Change

on February 18, 2011
Grieves & Budo's 88 Keys and Counting is an album worth owning. It is an album I continuously go back to in my collection. Grieves mixes a witty, intelligent flow mixed with sing song choruses. His voice procures has a subtle, comforting and warm timbre while still ripping up each and every 16 bar frame with profound lyrical ability and classic Emcee skill you expect and need from good, quality Hip Hop. I mean, their are signed to Rhymesayers Entertainment.- C'mon.
The Instrumentals on 88 Keys provide a sometimes somber landscape, and enable you to feel both artist's emotion as they take you on strange yet familiar journey through one of Hip Hops soon to be classic records. When I first heard the album, it made me feel like a I had finally heard something I was yearning for in Hip Hop. Growing so tired of the same material, this album was refreshing and I now crave constantly for new material from this duo.
The sound on this album is very well polished. The mixing is unique and the two of them have really begun to gather and mold a sound of their own. This is due to the engineering as well as Budo's method of production. He uses a lot of analog gear and instruments, as well as playing the trumpet himself we hear on the album. This to me means everything. I have a Bachelors Degree in Audio and Music Production, and recognize and appreciate and good producer. I also have been playing Saxophone for 8 years, guitar, drums, and piano, and I produce and write my own Hip Hop. I know good Hip Hop when I hear it.
Personal highlights on the album are "Catapults", "Kings", "October In The Graveyard", "Greedy Bitch", "Dead In The Water", and "Lockdown", but like I said, the entire album is great. It is an album you can listen to through from track 1 to the final outro instrumental. That is how I rate an album 5 stars. There arent too many out there, and this is a gem of an album. Well done boys.
-Go out and buy this album as well "Confessions of MR. Modest, and "Irreversible". They are both incredible albums also by Grieves.
on March 2, 2010
Grieves has always been a lyrical mastermind and now that he is signed at Rhymesayers Entertainment he is getting the credit that he deserves. This album consists of lyrics that will change your life as well as things that sound so good they get stuck in your head for days. The production on the album is top-notch and goes perfectly with Grieves's style. I strongly encourage everyone to purchase this album and support independent hip-hop!
on April 4, 2013
Grieves is an artist who is positive, thinks poetically, and sings in ways that don't promote hate, violence, drugs, or any of the crap all these other "rappers" do. It's funny - I wish I would've had someone like him to grow up to. Instead, I had Eminem, Jay Z, The Game, and a lot of other negative - I wanna sell drugs/kill this/hate that group.

Granted they are good - just selling hate. If you want to see a good rapper who doesn't have to promote that - Grieves is your artist. I love the guy!
on July 5, 2011
The download was quick and the album is sick. Amazon mp3 is a great way to get digital tunes!
on February 7, 2013
First head Grieves on Pandora, and found myself skipping songs to hear his. Cant get enough, Definitely not the techno beats and drum loops you hear from most major recording artists of the genre. This music has Heart, Soul, Depth, and the Personal feelings behind the songs that has been missing from music for a long time.
on November 30, 2012
Grieves is great! This is an awesome CD. If your a fan of Grieves and don't yet have this CD, you really should bite the bullet. Well worth the $20
on October 30, 2012
This album is too dope grieves is one of the sickest rappers out there this album seem to be very relaxing
on March 5, 2014
This album had some really good songs as well as some okay ones. Overall it is not bad, worthy of purchasing.
on December 6, 2014
This is a great follow up album to Irreversible. Though I'm biased and I relish his whole collection to date.
on December 25, 2014
Grieves is a killer artist. This is a killer album.