Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
The 90-Day Gratitude Journal: A Mindful Practice for Lifetime of Happiness Paperback – July 30, 2018
The Amazon Book Review
Book recommendations, author interviews, editors' picks, and more. Read it now
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
- Item Weight : 6.7 ounces
- Paperback : 121 pages
- ISBN-13 : 978-1946159151
- Product dimensions : 6 x 0.31 x 9 inches
- Publisher : Oldtown Publishing LLC (July 30, 2018)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #44,076 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) The journal is not dated, which means if I miss a day I'm not left with a blank page and a sense of having 'broken' the chain.
2) The preface to the journal has lots of great research and tips to help establish and retain a gratitude practice. I found it motivating and inspiring. The authors even offer app suggestions to help you set reminders and remain positively motivated; only one was available on Android, though which was kinda disappointing.
3) Rather than just writing what you are grateful for each day, the prompts guide you to deepen your practice by stating WHY you are grateful and they also throw in random questions to elicit gratitude such as "what is one thing you like about your city?" or "how is your life better today than it was last year?". I'm fnding these remind me to be grateful beyond just a moment today, but to also be grateful for my past and feel a sense of progress and possibility in my future. It's super good stuff.
I'm looking forward to going back and reviewing all the little wonderful things that fill my days and hope the authors come out with additional gratitude prompting questions that we can integrate into our lives after the 90 days pass. I can already think of several friends I'd like to gift this to.
PRO TIP: Keep this someplace you visit regularly as a cue to write in it daily. The bed stand, coffee table, or even in the bathroom so you can spend that quiet moment of the day thankful for what you have.
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for my honest assessment.
I attached photos of my book.
No, it doesn't have anything to keep track of what page you are on. But I use page tabs for everything in my life and did so for this book as well. I put my page tab on the next entry I will be entering the next day. The book keeps track of Day 1 through Day 90 by stating "Day 1", "Day 2" but does not have printed calendar dates. Thankfully. Because there are days I will forget to do an entry. Instead, at the top of the page, it has a place where you enter the date!
How does each Day entry set work?
Each day lists three questions. See the second photo for full details.
The first two questions are always the same.
The third question, on each day, is always different. Which is so very cool. Like wildcard questions. Some of the questions have really made me think about things I hadn't thought about in ages, which I appreciated.
The book has wonderful information, in the beginning, to explain what expressing gratitude does for you and why it is important. Initially, I did not like that I had to open the book and crack it open to get it to stay open. But later? I realized that
1) Not all books stay open even when you do that. So I appreciated that this one did.
2) For some books, when you crack them open, it breaks their binding. It does not break the binding with this book.
3) If they had made this book as a spiral or some other style? It would have been much less lightweight. I carry around too much as it is. So I appreciate the lightness of this book.
It was only after using the book for a while that I decided to give it 5 stars instead of 4 stars. When you take into consideration the cost of the product (less than $10) along with what you are getting, and then the benefits of what I felt after doing the entries? It deserves 5 stars. If they were to make enhancements, I would imagine they would need to raise the cost which would then make it less accessible to everyone. And this truly is something that is beneficial to anyone's mental health.
This journal, in particular, helped me to realize what is important in my life. The guide, in the beginning, is what put me on a path to understand how to keep what's matters in focus. I have so much to be grateful for, yet I tend to look at all the negative happening in my day to day life and in the pas.t this journal has helped me maintain a good, positive focus on what and who really matters. If we don't think about it everyday, it's easy to get lost.
Thank oyu SJ Scott and Barrie Davenport for putting together a thoughtful way to help all of us improve our lives.
CON: for me, don't like questions about childhood and family because that is in the (traumatic) past and I would prefer to look at present time blessings. Also can get personal questions in other formats such as books of lists and 30 days of lists online. Also want a place to list 3+ things thankful for and 3+ good thing that happened -- in present time and there is no room for that. Quotes take up a lot of space and may or may not be valuable to you.
I would highly recommend not skipping the beginning.
Top reviews from other countries
I bought one for me and offered another :-)
And I think this made me feel better, more at peace, more grateful. It did its job!!