Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis dm3 Shop Now toystl17_gno_dm3

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 15, 2011, 11:28:52 PM PDT
M. Gaudet says:
Thanks but i think i will stick with the original.

Posted on Oct 23, 2011, 8:51:35 PM PDT
E. Ocasio says:
I think the original movies had a lot more heart. They were better made.

Posted on Nov 7, 2011, 11:08:25 AM PST
J. Maurer says:
Actually, the CGI is 100% fake--it's CGI ;) Had to say it...not really picking on you. I know what you meant.

Posted on Jan 18, 2012, 1:52:12 PM PST
Bryan Willis says:
Well....If you want to get technical, just about everything you see on screen today is computer generated. Most of the lord of the rings, harry potter movies, and even 300 are made almost entirely in cgi. You have your main actors, and thats about it. The difference is, yes its cgi, but andy serkis actually acted out ceaser with the motion tracking balls. Just like smegal from lord of the rings. A few of the other major apes were done the same way.
Its sadly a fact of todays life that we'll have to live with for awhile. Its why movies are made soooo quickly nowadays. 2 or 3 months to get the raw production done, and nearly a year doing special effects and computer generated work.
Cgi is a double edged sword. When they flat out LIED about 'live free or die hard' having very little cgi, it easily made the movie much less enjoyable. Doesn't even compare to the first 3. But it worked pretty well in all the star wars movies. It was surprising in the scenes on the newest mission impossible movie, that alot of it wasn't cgi.

Posted on Oct 19, 2012, 1:43:38 PM PDT
J. Cardoso says:
Yes, is fake, that's why we call CGI, some of this invisible actors can have accidents... the difference between the actor and the guy play with the tracking motion is only the cloths, almost the movies we see they need to express, talk and act...

Posted on Oct 27, 2012, 6:11:47 PM PDT
eXample says:
I'm glad it was CGI, no real animals were used or abused to make this.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Oct 15, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Rise of the Planet of the Apes by James Franco (DVD - 2011)
4.5 out of 5 stars (2,331)