Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning gotcatchup gotcatchup gotcatchup  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,738 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,526 reviews
on January 19, 2016
I enjoyed reading '90 Minutes in Heaven.'

First, it is well-written for a book of its type, with a simple, easy-to-read narrative. Second, I found the book's overt subject matter (an accident victim's miraculous survival, and his Heavenly near-death-type experience) to be interesting and engaging, with a solid recounting of the case and its details. However, my favorite part of the book was, ironically, the sub-story, that involving Mr. Piper's arduous recovery and its unexpected byproducts of personal growth and spiritual development. Here, we are presented with the compelling account of one man's physical and psychological trials, and the lasting personal evolution that they produced. Also, we see how one person's experiences and choices can affect countless others in a ripple effect, be it Mr. Piper's incredible survival and the spread of his message, or the events which led to him being in the car accident to begin with, or the many other logistics of the incident and its aftermath. If nothing else, Mr. Piper's story illustrates how nothing happens in isolation, from the "big" to the "small" (and how those labels are all, really, just a matter of perspective and awareness). Whether the reader views the text through a spiritual lens or a purely secular one, the book has much to offer, from the earthbound to the supernatural and everything in-between.

My thanks goes out to this book's authors, subjects, and publisher. I am grateful for, and have benefited from, your work and service.
on September 5, 2016
90 Minutes in Heaven is more than a faith-based film. It is a faith-enhancing story that not only provides a version of the afterlife, it also provides a vision into the heart and soul of a believer struggling to save his life and his faith, battling depression. One might also marvel at the medical/scientific advancements related to the victim's recovery from near-fatal injuries. The story also testifies to the "suffering," faith, love, and patience of those who had to watch and support him through it. The only criticism I could offer would be casting a Canadian as the lead character doing his best to sound like a southerner in the US. It's not an easy sound to mimic without indigenous exposure. Even so, it was a stellar performance. The special effects in the visuals related to the accident rival any five-star, multimillion dollar budgeted film. I am better for having seen it!
on May 24, 2013
One of the two best stories about an NDE that I have ever read - the other being Betty Malz's book. I've spent quite a lot of time researching and reading about this topic in general and Don Piper's story is absolutely gripping and full of wonder. Of course, it's the description of his experience in heaven that we all love and are fascinated to hear about. And although that portion of the book is relatively small, it alone is worth the price of admission, so to speak.

The rest of the book covers the series of events leading up to his death and his long, painful and exhausting recovery upon his return to his body. To a certain extent, we have to take the author at his word, that his experience is true. But when you read his description of his experience in heaven then, at least for me, there was no doubt in my mind that the story he tells is the truth.

A few years back I saw a documentary on the National Geographic channel where they invited various "experts" to discuss similar NDE's and their veracity. I distinctly remember one obviously atheistic doctor stating that he thought that NDE's were solely the result of the release of substances into the brain, chemicals that are released after death. Nothing more than an illusion created after the blood supply has been cut-off. But he allowed his bias to cause him to omit some inconvenient facts that would deny his theory;

- All thoughts in the brain prior to death are caused by a combination of chemical release AND electrical stimuli, never by chemical release alone.
- NDE's are, by definition, events that occur only after the brain flat-lines out, ie. no electrical impulse at all.
- That doctor himself would have pulled the sheet over the head of Piper as soon as the EEG showed zero response. He wouldn't have conducted tests to see if chemicals were being released into his brain, and then left his body laying on a bed in the E.R. for 90 minutes in the expectation that he would pop back into life at some point.

The author's experience is a perfect example that a human beings essence, our consciousness, remains alive after physical death. Piper's description of his body's condition establishes without a doubt that there was no blood flowing into his brain or into any other part of his body for at least 90 minutes. If he had been taken to a hospital ER in an ambulance, he would have been declared DOA the moment that the gurney rolled through the door.

And if you, like that doctor, also believe that man is merely a physical entity without a spirit, then I challenge you to read this book. If Piper's description of the beauty of heaven doesn't cause your heart to ache in a longing response, then perhaps nothing ever will.

Dave
on November 4, 2014
In the last 4 1/2 months, my son was killed in an auto accident and my husband died from cardiac arrest after a lengthy illness. This book was difficult to put down before I finished reading it. Notice I did not say I "lost" a son and husband. You cant lose anything if you know where it is. As Christians, I know they are with our Heavenly Father and His Son. Don Pipers descriptions of what he saw, helped me to visualize their wonderful experiences upon their arrival. Also his painful ordeal and recovery from his injuries helped me to see purpose and design behind my husband's illness. My husband was a faithful witness until his death.
on June 3, 2017
The actual story of her being in heaven (or right outside of it) was definitely neat. As for the other 95% of the book I felt it was wordy & written more for herself & her family. She would talk about her "loving husband" & "beautiful friends & kids". I get it, u love your family, they know this (we now know this), it's not necessary to keep writing it. I'm sure your family will read your book & feel loved but quite honestly I thought your book was about your time in heaven, not about how you like to keep talking about your loving family. Maybe that sounds harsh but I wanted to read about her experience, not something that was more like someone's journal entry.
on October 29, 2015
I liked your book. Yes you most certainly was dead. God works in mysterious ways to send the other preacher right there to pray for you and to sing the old song ....then you sang with him even though they said you were dead. I believe God will work more and more miracles in our life. You are doing the right thing by spreading the news in churches and at other places to show the world God is merciful and loving, who also healed you while you were in the car. I am speaking on the insides and your neck..etc. MIRACLE! I had read your book before but got it again on Kindle I just had to feel that love again when you are surrounded by HIS love. Thank you so much for sharing. The only reason I clicked on a 4 is in 90 mins when Heaven feels like weeks if your there even 30 mins there is more. Maybe the Lord made him forget those things for they would hurt him or interfere with his purpose. You don't spend 90 mins in heaven without seeing MORE of heaven yet you do not see the face of God until you really die.
on April 27, 2016
A well written and very interesting account of his experience. The book is extremely Christian based, which is understandable due to his belief system. I did find it a bit restrictive in that area, since I have more spiritual leanings. I thought his honestly, courage and strength in overcoming such a horrible event were amazing. I do believe in miracles and the power of prayer, and that the collective power of it saved his life. I was most impressed with his honesty about the depression, anger and other psychological struggles he went through during his recovery. His ability to use this experience to help so many other people is commendable.
on July 27, 2013
This amazing story gave me chills. Don Piper's depiction of his experience of heaven was beautifully vivid and moved me almost to tears as he described being reunited with loved ones who had passed away before him, and a feeling of being overwhelmed by complete and total love.

After he returned to life, and to his broken body, the amount of pain and suffering he endured is almost beyond comprehension. It was absolutely heart-wrenching to read the extent of his injuries, the painful procedures he endured, as well as his feelings of hopelessness, and his battles with depression- but clearly God was with him along the way, helping to strengthen him and shape him as he recovered, so that he could share his story, and his faith, with others. I'm reminded of the scripture in Romans 8:28 that tells us God works all things together for good, and I feel like that is exactly what He did for this man. His accounting helps reaffirm our belief that God is with us, and has a purpose for each of us, and that one day He will call us home to be with Him.

90 Minutes In Heaven is both a great witnessing tool for loved ones who question the reality of an afterlife, or wonder where they will go when they die, as well as a source of comfort for those who are struggling with an illness or death. This story is one of hope, that if we only accept Christ into our hearts, one day we will be with him in heaven, in perfect peace and love, for all eternity. What a comforting thought!
on October 4, 2015
Purchased this book with the hope that it would be a positive account of heaven, and how it has positively changed this man's life. I am literally halfway through it and could not be more depressed about the fact that I have to pick it back up to read more tonight. Might be the most depressing book I have ever read. It's basically 1 chapter that encompasses his time in heaven... And the rest is dedicated to him whining about how awful his life has been since. Literally whining. I can't imagine how awful it was with the extent of his injuries... I really can't. I truly do empathize for him. However, I have 4 kids that I spend every minute of every day worrying about.. And at the end of the day I have so little in me that I look for books with a positive outlook to help me sleep peacefully and end my day on a relaxing note... Maybe 20 minutes of "me time".... This is nothing of the sort. It's just this depressing read. Page after page. I feel like there was so much opportunity for this to be uplifting and positive. At this point... I don't even want to continue. Ugh.
on September 10, 2015
My sister-in-law was adamant that I read this book. I didn't understand her feeling that way. The further into the book, I realized she had been asking the question Why? for many years. Her daughter, my niece was killed in an automobile accident on Christmas Eve leaving behind two young children. This event was difficult for everyone, but my sister-in-law seemed to take it the hardest. By the time I was halfway through the book, I understood her urgency. She (and I) now know that our loved ones are truly no longer suffering and will be waiting for us when we crossover. We are left here on Earth for a reason
Even though we sometimes wonder Why?...........