Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,756 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,548 reviews
on September 5, 2016
90 Minutes in Heaven is more than a faith-based film. It is a faith-enhancing story that not only provides a version of the afterlife, it also provides a vision into the heart and soul of a believer struggling to save his life and his faith, battling depression. One might also marvel at the medical/scientific advancements related to the victim's recovery from near-fatal injuries. The story also testifies to the "suffering," faith, love, and patience of those who had to watch and support him through it. The only criticism I could offer would be casting a Canadian as the lead character doing his best to sound like a southerner in the US. It's not an easy sound to mimic without indigenous exposure. Even so, it was a stellar performance. The special effects in the visuals related to the accident rival any five-star, multimillion dollar budgeted film. I am better for having seen it!
on October 29, 2015
I liked your book. Yes you most certainly was dead. God works in mysterious ways to send the other preacher right there to pray for you and to sing the old song ....then you sang with him even though they said you were dead. I believe God will work more and more miracles in our life. You are doing the right thing by spreading the news in churches and at other places to show the world God is merciful and loving, who also healed you while you were in the car. I am speaking on the insides and your neck..etc. MIRACLE! I had read your book before but got it again on Kindle I just had to feel that love again when you are surrounded by HIS love. Thank you so much for sharing. The only reason I clicked on a 4 is in 90 mins when Heaven feels like weeks if your there even 30 mins there is more. Maybe the Lord made him forget those things for they would hurt him or interfere with his purpose. You don't spend 90 mins in heaven without seeing MORE of heaven yet you do not see the face of God until you really die.
on April 27, 2016
A well written and very interesting account of his experience. The book is extremely Christian based, which is understandable due to his belief system. I did find it a bit restrictive in that area, since I have more spiritual leanings. I thought his honestly, courage and strength in overcoming such a horrible event were amazing. I do believe in miracles and the power of prayer, and that the collective power of it saved his life. I was most impressed with his honesty about the depression, anger and other psychological struggles he went through during his recovery. His ability to use this experience to help so many other people is commendable.
on July 27, 2013
This amazing story gave me chills. Don Piper's depiction of his experience of heaven was beautifully vivid and moved me almost to tears as he described being reunited with loved ones who had passed away before him, and a feeling of being overwhelmed by complete and total love.

After he returned to life, and to his broken body, the amount of pain and suffering he endured is almost beyond comprehension. It was absolutely heart-wrenching to read the extent of his injuries, the painful procedures he endured, as well as his feelings of hopelessness, and his battles with depression- but clearly God was with him along the way, helping to strengthen him and shape him as he recovered, so that he could share his story, and his faith, with others. I'm reminded of the scripture in Romans 8:28 that tells us God works all things together for good, and I feel like that is exactly what He did for this man. His accounting helps reaffirm our belief that God is with us, and has a purpose for each of us, and that one day He will call us home to be with Him.

90 Minutes In Heaven is both a great witnessing tool for loved ones who question the reality of an afterlife, or wonder where they will go when they die, as well as a source of comfort for those who are struggling with an illness or death. This story is one of hope, that if we only accept Christ into our hearts, one day we will be with him in heaven, in perfect peace and love, for all eternity. What a comforting thought!
on September 10, 2015
My sister-in-law was adamant that I read this book. I didn't understand her feeling that way. The further into the book, I realized she had been asking the question Why? for many years. Her daughter, my niece was killed in an automobile accident on Christmas Eve leaving behind two young children. This event was difficult for everyone, but my sister-in-law seemed to take it the hardest. By the time I was halfway through the book, I understood her urgency. She (and I) now know that our loved ones are truly no longer suffering and will be waiting for us when we crossover. We are left here on Earth for a reason
Even though we sometimes wonder Why?...........
on July 8, 2017
I wish everyone would read it, and the other couple look up the girl that saw heaven and then came back and can paint him, and when the little boy who also Colton and if you don't believe after and or before that in fact you are a hard sell, and I am GLAD I believed BEFORE I read either story.
I have always been interested in NDE (near death experiences) and will gobble up books on the topic to try to understand just what people experience and how they express - in human words - something so surreal.

I picked up this book after seeing a recent Primetime Nightline with Bob Woodruff called "Beyond Belief" that featured Don Piper. I am sure this recent show helped Mr. Piper sell many more copies of his 2004 book "90 Minutes in Heaven" because of the prominent spotlight he was given on this show. I quickly found a used copy for a penny and ordered it right away. This was not the first time I had seen this book and the recent show just gave me the excuse I needed to purchase the book and delve into Mr. Piper's experience "on the other side".

I have to say, after 30 pages ... the book became very disappointing. I admire Mr. Piper's healing journey and cannot imagine the recovery process. But that isn't really what I bought the book for. I bought the book to get a glimpse of Heaven from someone who has experienced an out of body experience. I did get that - in the most cliche way (well, given the author is a Baptist Minister, I should have expected nothing less). Angels and streets of gold though ... really? Pearly gates? All the Biblical cliches came out mightily in this story. Mr. Piper's experience is shared from his perspective and this can either be embraced or not. The thing is, I wanted more than just 30 pages of "in Heaven" accounts. The book started out so strong and I thought it was going to be a huge page-turner. Instead, a bit disappointing. It's disappointing ONLY because the title is misleading and people like me expecting something different are going to feel a bit deceived.

This is truly a book more looking at "Heaven" from a purely Christian (Baptist) perspective and less a look at afterlife. And even his 90 minutes are exhausted in 30-ish quick moving pages. He mentions that he cannot put into words the buffet his senses partake in ...

Re-title the book to something a little more realistic. This is less a story of afterlife and more a story of a rehabilitation journey. I am not downplaying the author's experience ... but the title is misleading.
on August 28, 2015
I had a friend tell me about this book and all I could say is wow! There's some powerful imagery in this book, and it definitely kept me fastened in my beliefs. If you call yourself a Christian then you should probably read this book. Heck, if you aren't or lukewarm you should definitely read this book, you may just have a paradigm shift.
on February 28, 2017
Some people might not believe this, but I certainly do! This book was outstanding and Don Piper's life after his accident was miraculous...a must read!
on June 15, 2016
Great inspirational book. Don's story reassures me of the reality of heaven and a little of what I can expect when I'm finally there. His struggle with physical healing and his ability to help those going through similar struggles because of what he went through was also an encouragement. It gives me assurance that God will use my own personal struggles to bring comfort to those going through similar experiences like He's done with Don.