Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18SW_gno

on February 18, 2018
I've already bought 7 of these books and given them all away. What a wonderful message in this book. You do not have to have had an accident to see the Hand of God in it. I received a truly beautiful answer to how God moved in my life and "worked"....Now I have answers and I am fully at peace with what I have been through. You will have to make up your own mind if you feel about whether Don Piper was dead or if he had a spark of life in him [like a spark in a cigarette when you try to crush it out]. I'm not sure of that, but the book is more than worth the money you will spend for it. I am waiting for more to come in stock...I am going to get more to give away.
on November 4, 2014
In the last 4 1/2 months, my son was killed in an auto accident and my husband died from cardiac arrest after a lengthy illness. This book was difficult to put down before I finished reading it. Notice I did not say I "lost" a son and husband. You cant lose anything if you know where it is. As Christians, I know they are with our Heavenly Father and His Son. Don Pipers descriptions of what he saw, helped me to visualize their wonderful experiences upon their arrival. Also his painful ordeal and recovery from his injuries helped me to see purpose and design behind my husband's illness. My husband was a faithful witness until his death.
on July 27, 2013
This amazing story gave me chills. Don Piper's depiction of his experience of heaven was beautifully vivid and moved me almost to tears as he described being reunited with loved ones who had passed away before him, and a feeling of being overwhelmed by complete and total love.

After he returned to life, and to his broken body, the amount of pain and suffering he endured is almost beyond comprehension. It was absolutely heart-wrenching to read the extent of his injuries, the painful procedures he endured, as well as his feelings of hopelessness, and his battles with depression- but clearly God was with him along the way, helping to strengthen him and shape him as he recovered, so that he could share his story, and his faith, with others. I'm reminded of the scripture in Romans 8:28 that tells us God works all things together for good, and I feel like that is exactly what He did for this man. His accounting helps reaffirm our belief that God is with us, and has a purpose for each of us, and that one day He will call us home to be with Him.

90 Minutes In Heaven is both a great witnessing tool for loved ones who question the reality of an afterlife, or wonder where they will go when they die, as well as a source of comfort for those who are struggling with an illness or death. This story is one of hope, that if we only accept Christ into our hearts, one day we will be with him in heaven, in perfect peace and love, for all eternity. What a comforting thought!
on October 29, 2017
Piper tells an amazing story about his life after death experience. That's the part one would expect. What I did not expect was his explicit, candid, forthright description of the terrible pain and suffering which he endured during the time of his recovery and even till today. He bares his soul in the pages of this book, not sugarcoatimg any aspect of his experience. This is the story of a man who was killed and came back to life after being dead for 90 minutes. Powerful and inspiring.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 22, 2017
A good book - I really appreciate Mr. Piper allows for skepticism and people to not believe. It seems like he is ok with our skepticism - it is not his to change our hearts and minds - he leaves it up to something (or someone) larger than him to do that work. He is just telling his story. The story feels like a nice, comfortable Sunday afternoon conversation between two friends.
on September 28, 2017
Excellent book about dying & returning. Oddly, he mentions that he was glad he was wearing a seat belt. I can't figure out why he'd say that since a seat belt is designed to keep you from dying. Well, he died!
Anyway, besides a great story, he has some tips on living that all should consider.
I recommend it.
on October 4, 2015
Purchased this book with the hope that it would be a positive account of heaven, and how it has positively changed this man's life. I am literally halfway through it and could not be more depressed about the fact that I have to pick it back up to read more tonight. Might be the most depressing book I have ever read. It's basically 1 chapter that encompasses his time in heaven... And the rest is dedicated to him whining about how awful his life has been since. Literally whining. I can't imagine how awful it was with the extent of his injuries... I really can't. I truly do empathize for him. However, I have 4 kids that I spend every minute of every day worrying about.. And at the end of the day I have so little in me that I look for books with a positive outlook to help me sleep peacefully and end my day on a relaxing note... Maybe 20 minutes of "me time".... This is nothing of the sort. It's just this depressing read. Page after page. I feel like there was so much opportunity for this to be uplifting and positive. At this point... I don't even want to continue. Ugh.
on July 9, 2014
I have always been curious about the subject of near death experiences. So my interest was aroused when I saw the author on daytime TV, and was curious about his book. Somewhat disappointing to say the least. His experience, although life-changing for him, did nothing to inspire me. I was seeking more detail and in-depth descriptions about his journey to heaven. Instead there was a lot said about his pain and subsequent recovery from his injuries. I found myself flipping through the rehabilitation sections It just became too monotonous. I did take away something else from his narrative, though, and that is that there are people out there who are willing to help their neighbor in time of need. He's lucky he found so many to do so much for him and his family. While inspiring for some, this book just didn't work for me.
on January 9, 2016
Unfortunately I was rather disappointed. The part where he describes heaven - it's very little. The book primarily deals with his pain, depression, rehab. I don't doubt he went to heaven and it has been nice he was able to help so many people - either in helping them understand he had to go through the same type of physical trauma/pain (with his leg) they (and he) had to endure, or for those who were dying so they knew what they could expect and not be scared. I just don't care to read about medical things and depression (so I skipped most of the book).
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 14, 2013
There is nothing like it! I was hooked from word one. I found his story believable and it filled me with hope. Can you imagine SEEING heaven first hand like that and then get to come back with your purpose known to you with no doubts about what God expects of you?!?! I'm amazed and it made me long to be in His presence.! God is wonderful and I thank Him for reminding me (through this book) what is waiting for me. I know I am only here temporarily and I can't wait to find my true purpose. I'm in no hurry to die a physical death because I know people that I pray God uses me to lead them to the Lord.
Super great book. You won't be wasting your time and I promise you will be moved and excited about what is in store for you on the other side.