Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,762 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,553 reviews
on October 29, 2015
I liked your book. Yes you most certainly was dead. God works in mysterious ways to send the other preacher right there to pray for you and to sing the old song ....then you sang with him even though they said you were dead. I believe God will work more and more miracles in our life. You are doing the right thing by spreading the news in churches and at other places to show the world God is merciful and loving, who also healed you while you were in the car. I am speaking on the insides and your neck..etc. MIRACLE! I had read your book before but got it again on Kindle I just had to feel that love again when you are surrounded by HIS love. Thank you so much for sharing. The only reason I clicked on a 4 is in 90 mins when Heaven feels like weeks if your there even 30 mins there is more. Maybe the Lord made him forget those things for they would hurt him or interfere with his purpose. You don't spend 90 mins in heaven without seeing MORE of heaven yet you do not see the face of God until you really die.
on July 27, 2013
This amazing story gave me chills. Don Piper's depiction of his experience of heaven was beautifully vivid and moved me almost to tears as he described being reunited with loved ones who had passed away before him, and a feeling of being overwhelmed by complete and total love.

After he returned to life, and to his broken body, the amount of pain and suffering he endured is almost beyond comprehension. It was absolutely heart-wrenching to read the extent of his injuries, the painful procedures he endured, as well as his feelings of hopelessness, and his battles with depression- but clearly God was with him along the way, helping to strengthen him and shape him as he recovered, so that he could share his story, and his faith, with others. I'm reminded of the scripture in Romans 8:28 that tells us God works all things together for good, and I feel like that is exactly what He did for this man. His accounting helps reaffirm our belief that God is with us, and has a purpose for each of us, and that one day He will call us home to be with Him.

90 Minutes In Heaven is both a great witnessing tool for loved ones who question the reality of an afterlife, or wonder where they will go when they die, as well as a source of comfort for those who are struggling with an illness or death. This story is one of hope, that if we only accept Christ into our hearts, one day we will be with him in heaven, in perfect peace and love, for all eternity. What a comforting thought!
on September 10, 2017
The first half was more compelling that the second. The second was about his misery in recovery, which could be very inspiring for those who are recovering from a major accident or illness. It is also about his ministry, showing that his life on earth continued to have purpose, even though his ministry changed drastically. The first part, about his time in heaven, was riveting and very convincing. As his movement was diminished his faith was enhanced.
on July 8, 2017
I wish everyone would read it, and the other couple look up the girl that saw heaven and then came back and can paint him, and when the little boy who also Colton and if you don't believe after and or before that in fact you are a hard sell, and I am GLAD I believed BEFORE I read either story.
I have always been interested in NDE (near death experiences) and will gobble up books on the topic to try to understand just what people experience and how they express - in human words - something so surreal.

I picked up this book after seeing a recent Primetime Nightline with Bob Woodruff called "Beyond Belief" that featured Don Piper. I am sure this recent show helped Mr. Piper sell many more copies of his 2004 book "90 Minutes in Heaven" because of the prominent spotlight he was given on this show. I quickly found a used copy for a penny and ordered it right away. This was not the first time I had seen this book and the recent show just gave me the excuse I needed to purchase the book and delve into Mr. Piper's experience "on the other side".

I have to say, after 30 pages ... the book became very disappointing. I admire Mr. Piper's healing journey and cannot imagine the recovery process. But that isn't really what I bought the book for. I bought the book to get a glimpse of Heaven from someone who has experienced an out of body experience. I did get that - in the most cliche way (well, given the author is a Baptist Minister, I should have expected nothing less). Angels and streets of gold though ... really? Pearly gates? All the Biblical cliches came out mightily in this story. Mr. Piper's experience is shared from his perspective and this can either be embraced or not. The thing is, I wanted more than just 30 pages of "in Heaven" accounts. The book started out so strong and I thought it was going to be a huge page-turner. Instead, a bit disappointing. It's disappointing ONLY because the title is misleading and people like me expecting something different are going to feel a bit deceived.

This is truly a book more looking at "Heaven" from a purely Christian (Baptist) perspective and less a look at afterlife. And even his 90 minutes are exhausted in 30-ish quick moving pages. He mentions that he cannot put into words the buffet his senses partake in ...

Re-title the book to something a little more realistic. This is less a story of afterlife and more a story of a rehabilitation journey. I am not downplaying the author's experience ... but the title is misleading.
on August 28, 2015
I had a friend tell me about this book and all I could say is wow! There's some powerful imagery in this book, and it definitely kept me fastened in my beliefs. If you call yourself a Christian then you should probably read this book. Heck, if you aren't or lukewarm you should definitely read this book, you may just have a paradigm shift.
on February 28, 2017
Some people might not believe this, but I certainly do! This book was outstanding and Don Piper's life after his accident was miraculous...a must read!
on June 15, 2016
Great inspirational book. Don's story reassures me of the reality of heaven and a little of what I can expect when I'm finally there. His struggle with physical healing and his ability to help those going through similar struggles because of what he went through was also an encouragement. It gives me assurance that God will use my own personal struggles to bring comfort to those going through similar experiences like He's done with Don.
on November 12, 2013
I struggled with writing an adequate review for this book because I wanted to do it justice. I read the negative and positive reviews before I read the book, so I thought I'd give it a try. The story of Rev. Piper's tragic sequence of events was absolutely amazing. I'm so glad he decided to share it. I could only imagine how hard it was to explain.

I'm glad he took the time to explain the pain he suffered. So often, people forget that we all have to go through something in this life. It is the suffering that brings us to a closer relationship with Jesus. It is sad that some people think this book should not give the details of his struggle. I believe it was the experience in heaven that kept his mind and kept God in his heart through the difficult times.

Almost 2 years ago, I found out I had cancer in my spinal cord and I was only 27. The surgery to remove the tumor left me paralyzed for an indefinite amount of time. This book reminded me that even though we suffer in this world, Jesus did go to prepare a place for me and no matter what, I'm going to be ok.I know that if I never walk again on this Earth, God has a pair of legs waiting for me in heaven.

I struggled with a lot of the same emotions as Rev. Piper. When he discussed his battle with depression, it made me confront my own issues that I'd been ignoring. I have a problem with not wanting to admit when anything is wrong and reading this book gave me the courage to face my own distress and seek God for emotional healing.

I know Rev Piper may never see this review, but I want to thank him from the bottom of my heart for allowing God to use him to bless us all with his story. I think we should all remember keep him lifted up in prayer. I know he still in a lot of pain, but I pray that God will continue to bless him and keep him encouraged by reminding him of his 90 minutes in heaven.
on April 26, 2016
The author gives a well written and moving testimony of his death/after death experience when his car was struck head- on by a large truck, on a bridge..the medical personal declared him to be deceased! He candidly described his glorious heavenly experience -afterwards followed by a 2 year long VERY difficult and painful recovery period, during which he often questioned his faith. God, though, ultimately brought him through this dark time and gave him a new purpose for his life. I found this book to be very uplifting and edifying. Previously I had doubts about heavenly experiences. However, I believe Don Piper's experience in heaven was real!