Bubble Witch Saga 3 Vehicles Review Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on February 18, 2018
I've already bought 7 of these books and given them all away. What a wonderful message in this book. You do not have to have had an accident to see the Hand of God in it. I received a truly beautiful answer to how God moved in my life and "worked"....Now I have answers and I am fully at peace with what I have been through. You will have to make up your own mind if you feel about whether Don Piper was dead or if he had a spark of life in him [like a spark in a cigarette when you try to crush it out]. I'm not sure of that, but the book is more than worth the money you will spend for it. I am waiting for more to come in stock...I am going to get more to give away.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 4, 2014
In the last 4 1/2 months, my son was killed in an auto accident and my husband died from cardiac arrest after a lengthy illness. This book was difficult to put down before I finished reading it. Notice I did not say I "lost" a son and husband. You cant lose anything if you know where it is. As Christians, I know they are with our Heavenly Father and His Son. Don Pipers descriptions of what he saw, helped me to visualize their wonderful experiences upon their arrival. Also his painful ordeal and recovery from his injuries helped me to see purpose and design behind my husband's illness. My husband was a faithful witness until his death.
on July 27, 2013
This amazing story gave me chills. Don Piper's depiction of his experience of heaven was beautifully vivid and moved me almost to tears as he described being reunited with loved ones who had passed away before him, and a feeling of being overwhelmed by complete and total love.

After he returned to life, and to his broken body, the amount of pain and suffering he endured is almost beyond comprehension. It was absolutely heart-wrenching to read the extent of his injuries, the painful procedures he endured, as well as his feelings of hopelessness, and his battles with depression- but clearly God was with him along the way, helping to strengthen him and shape him as he recovered, so that he could share his story, and his faith, with others. I'm reminded of the scripture in Romans 8:28 that tells us God works all things together for good, and I feel like that is exactly what He did for this man. His accounting helps reaffirm our belief that God is with us, and has a purpose for each of us, and that one day He will call us home to be with Him.

90 Minutes In Heaven is both a great witnessing tool for loved ones who question the reality of an afterlife, or wonder where they will go when they die, as well as a source of comfort for those who are struggling with an illness or death. This story is one of hope, that if we only accept Christ into our hearts, one day we will be with him in heaven, in perfect peace and love, for all eternity. What a comforting thought!
on October 29, 2017
Piper tells an amazing story about his life after death experience. That's the part one would expect. What I did not expect was his explicit, candid, forthright description of the terrible pain and suffering which he endured during the time of his recovery and even till today. He bares his soul in the pages of this book, not sugarcoatimg any aspect of his experience. This is the story of a man who was killed and came back to life after being dead for 90 minutes. Powerful and inspiring.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 22, 2017
A good book - I really appreciate Mr. Piper allows for skepticism and people to not believe. It seems like he is ok with our skepticism - it is not his to change our hearts and minds - he leaves it up to something (or someone) larger than him to do that work. He is just telling his story. The story feels like a nice, comfortable Sunday afternoon conversation between two friends.
on October 4, 2015
Purchased this book with the hope that it would be a positive account of heaven, and how it has positively changed this man's life. I am literally halfway through it and could not be more depressed about the fact that I have to pick it back up to read more tonight. Might be the most depressing book I have ever read. It's basically 1 chapter that encompasses his time in heaven... And the rest is dedicated to him whining about how awful his life has been since. Literally whining. I can't imagine how awful it was with the extent of his injuries... I really can't. I truly do empathize for him. However, I have 4 kids that I spend every minute of every day worrying about.. And at the end of the day I have so little in me that I look for books with a positive outlook to help me sleep peacefully and end my day on a relaxing note... Maybe 20 minutes of "me time".... This is nothing of the sort. It's just this depressing read. Page after page. I feel like there was so much opportunity for this to be uplifting and positive. At this point... I don't even want to continue. Ugh.
on July 9, 2014
I have always been curious about the subject of near death experiences. So my interest was aroused when I saw the author on daytime TV, and was curious about his book. Somewhat disappointing to say the least. His experience, although life-changing for him, did nothing to inspire me. I was seeking more detail and in-depth descriptions about his journey to heaven. Instead there was a lot said about his pain and subsequent recovery from his injuries. I found myself flipping through the rehabilitation sections It just became too monotonous. I did take away something else from his narrative, though, and that is that there are people out there who are willing to help their neighbor in time of need. He's lucky he found so many to do so much for him and his family. While inspiring for some, this book just didn't work for me.
on April 14, 2013
There is nothing like it! I was hooked from word one. I found his story believable and it filled me with hope. Can you imagine SEEING heaven first hand like that and then get to come back with your purpose known to you with no doubts about what God expects of you?!?! I'm amazed and it made me long to be in His presence.! God is wonderful and I thank Him for reminding me (through this book) what is waiting for me. I know I am only here temporarily and I can't wait to find my true purpose. I'm in no hurry to die a physical death because I know people that I pray God uses me to lead them to the Lord.
Super great book. You won't be wasting your time and I promise you will be moved and excited about what is in store for you on the other side.
I have always been interested in NDE (near death experiences) and will gobble up books on the topic to try to understand just what people experience and how they express - in human words - something so surreal.

I picked up this book after seeing a recent Primetime Nightline with Bob Woodruff called "Beyond Belief" that featured Don Piper. I am sure this recent show helped Mr. Piper sell many more copies of his 2004 book "90 Minutes in Heaven" because of the prominent spotlight he was given on this show. I quickly found a used copy for a penny and ordered it right away. This was not the first time I had seen this book and the recent show just gave me the excuse I needed to purchase the book and delve into Mr. Piper's experience "on the other side".

I have to say, after 30 pages ... the book became very disappointing. I admire Mr. Piper's healing journey and cannot imagine the recovery process. But that isn't really what I bought the book for. I bought the book to get a glimpse of Heaven from someone who has experienced an out of body experience. I did get that - in the most cliche way (well, given the author is a Baptist Minister, I should have expected nothing less). Angels and streets of gold though ... really? Pearly gates? All the Biblical cliches came out mightily in this story. Mr. Piper's experience is shared from his perspective and this can either be embraced or not. The thing is, I wanted more than just 30 pages of "in Heaven" accounts. The book started out so strong and I thought it was going to be a huge page-turner. Instead, a bit disappointing. It's disappointing ONLY because the title is misleading and people like me expecting something different are going to feel a bit deceived.

This is truly a book more looking at "Heaven" from a purely Christian (Baptist) perspective and less a look at afterlife. And even his 90 minutes are exhausted in 30-ish quick moving pages. He mentions that he cannot put into words the buffet his senses partake in ...

Re-title the book to something a little more realistic. This is less a story of afterlife and more a story of a rehabilitation journey. I am not downplaying the author's experience ... but the title is misleading.
22 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 31, 2017
This is an amazing story reflecting Christian Faith and values. The book itself is one of those that as you read it you don't want to put it down. I actually finished the book in three days. I would recommend this book to anyone. It is very well written and the story, as I said, is amazing.

Daniel R. Van Bibber