9000107 DAS Hard Drive Array - 2 x HDD Installed - 2 TB Installed HDD Capacity - 5400 rpm
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- New Era for Speed - 10Gb/s external interface for explosive throughput and I/O performance on your desktop
- Dual ports Thunderbolt - Next-Generation Interface - The simplest way to connect peripherals to your computer
- Featherweight Powerhouse - Workstation performance in the palm of your hand Specifications
- Interface - 2 x Thunderbolt 10Gbits
- Protocols - Data - PCI Express
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1. It's really loud! The fan sounds as though the unit will levitate. I can't use it in the video editing / audio studio it was planned for.
2. When I plug the second display into the Lacie drive, I get strange colors. It makes the second display unusable.
This one will go back, and that's three strikes and you're out.
Definitely not ready for prime time. (Or any other time.)
After careful consideration, I settled on the 2TB version of the Little Big Disk Thunderbolt because I received a very good offer from a seller in regards to its price. At first I was hesitant and even wanted to replace the internal drives with 7200 RPM ones or even SSDs when my budget allowed to. However, after just a few short minutes of actually using this drive I was instantly blown away.
LaCie advertises speeds up to 180 Mbps in transfer speeds. Although I have not reached the full 180, a Blackmagic Disk Speed Test has given me results of high 120+ Mbps. Thunderbolt is very fast, transferring one gigabyte of video to and from this drive in under ten seconds.
The Little Big Disk is unique for several reasons. First, it is a desktop-class external hard drive that requires a power adapter, but it contains 2.5" internal hard drives/SSDs as opposed to the 3.5. Because of this, the footprint of this drive is extremely small and portable. Power adapter aside, I could toss this into my bag and carry it around quite nicely without noticing too much extra bulk. Second, the Little Big Disk contains not one but TWO internal drives. Each drive is half of the total advertised available space. This is because of the Little Big Disk's third reason for being so unique: It is also a RAID disk.
By default, the Little Big Disk is set up as a RAID 0 and with the help of either LaCie's software or the Mac's Disk Utility, you can configure it to work as a RAID 1.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very pleased with this purchase. It has allowed me to connect 3 apple monitors together in tandem... A MacBook air, a 24" Cinema Display and a 27"Lightning display. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Sleepy Swan
This is not a brannew product, opened repackaged goods
I feel bad.