94Fifty Smart Sensor Basketball for iPhone and Android (Men's Size 7)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 94Fifty is the official Smart Basketball of the National Association of Basketball Coaches
- Wireless battery charger included w/the ball, activate w/4 bounces, auto sleep mode after 5 minutes of inactivity, 8 hrs. of continuous battery life
- Indoor/Outdoor Weather Resistant Synthetic Leather; Regulation size, weight and spin
- Free app keeps history for up to 4 players; Unlimited app downloads; Ball discoverable by any compatible phone when not in use by another player
- Compatible With iPhone 4s and later, iPad 3rd Generation and later, iPod Touch 5th Generation and Android Devices
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
94Fifty Smart Sensor Basketball Overview
The 94Fifty Smart Sensor Basketball is the first product of its kind to measure and diagnose the quality of key skills critical to build confidence, versatility and success on the basketball court. The ball utilizes embedded motion sensors to measure the player's skill in real time. This information is sent to a mobile smartphone via Bluetooth and gives players of all skill levels access to immediate feedback on shooting and ball-handling skills. The free, downloaded App contains four distinct experiences, each with its own purpose. Level-up your skills from Playground to Pro in the Workout section. Learn how to shoot at game speed or soften your shot with proper shooting arc in the Skill Training section. Challenge your family, friends or teammates with Head to Head skill competitions, or challenge anyone in the world through twitter in the Social Challenge section. The sensors in the ball will count what matters most and will provide visual and voice feedback as you practice. It's like having a personal digital coach with you every time you play. Whether your goal is to make the A team this year, or to work towards that scholarship, the 94Fifty sensor basketball is designed for a single purpose: to build your confidence and get you better, faster.
Your Personal Digital Coach
It's fast - about 100 millisecond speed from action to visual display. The ball measures any forces applied to it - spin, acceleration, you name it. A full 360 degree view of the ball - and the player that moves it. The ball is going to give you data and feedback about your game that is smart, precise, and freakishly accurate. Easy to connect, easy to use. Yeah, it's that good.
Top Coaches Love 94Fifty
"94Fifty develops the skills that I look for when I recruit. " – BILL SELF, National Champion College Basketball Coach - - - - "Any player with a goal to improve their game will benefit from using 94Fifty. " – Jamie Dixon, Div I College Basketball Coach
The Smart Basketball that Improves the Skills Coaches Want
SHOOTING – Measures Shot Speed so you can get more shots off, Shot Spin to improve accuracy, Shot Arc to shoot with touch. | BALL HANDLING – Counts dribbles so you can have solid control with both hands and dribble force so you can dribble with more confidence.
Smart Sensor Basketball Specs
Regulation Size (Both 28.5'' and 29''), Weight, Spin and Bounce —Ultra-Durable Indoor/Outdoor Skin — 8 Hour Battery Life — Water Resistant — Instant feedback on every shot and dribble — Up to 90 Foot (30 Meter) Range — Upgrade Sensor Software Through the Phone — 1 Year Warranty on Electronics and Sensors
Adaptive Workouts and Head to Head Activities
Tracks daily and all-time bests. Sets goals for more than 50 drills and competitions. Automated, real-time scoring and leaderboards determine the winner for up to 5 players.
Audio and Visual Feedback
Get realtime audio and visual feedback to correct flaws. Easy to understand visualized data and coaching feedback allows players to improve immediately and build correct muscle memory.
InfoMotion Sport's 94Fifty Smart Sensor Basketball has been recognized with multiple awards and nominations. CES Innovations Award 3x Honoree, Bluetooth Breakthrough Award Finalist and Edison Award Nominee, just to name a few. ..
One Year Warranty
Infomotion Sports Technologies and 94Fifty are dedicated to bringing quality products to the market. That means we have great pride in the durability of our engineering and production. 94Fifty offers a 1 Year Limited Warranty on the Ball, Electronics and Sensors.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
My only problem with it is that the app only allows for 4 players to track data. As a coach I would like 10-15. But that's the app, not the ball. The ball has performed very well.
As others note, it's easy to set up, although you do need to have an up-to-date smartphone. Here are a few more details from the manufacturer.
What’s in the Box?
•Regulation Smart Sensor Basketball
•Wireless Charging Pad with Ball Placement Holder
•Wireless Charger Power Cord
•94Fifty Cinch Closure Ball Carrying Bag
•29.5 Inch (Size 7) Full Size Men’s Basketball (Males 12 and Up)
•8 Hour Battery Life Per Charge
•Regulation Size, Spin, Weight and Bounce
•Indoor Outdoor Weather Resistant Synthetic Leather
Compatible With iOS and Android Devices
•iPhone 4s and later
•iPad 3rd Generation and later
•iPod Touch 5th Generation
•Any Android device running 4.0.3 (or higher) and has Bluetooth is supported.
•Primary Tested Devices Include:
•Nexus 7 Gen1
•Nexus 7 Gen2
•LG Optimus 4x
As a parent, my main concern is the price. For $299, you will wish to impress upon young players that they need to treat it like gold (e.g., don't leave it out in the rain, don't forget it on the playground, etc.). Also, you need to remember that this is going to increase your kids' "screen time" in a way that a regular basketball/coach situation will not. Bottom line: Use it with the kids and set some guidelines. If you think your kids are mature enough, go for it. Hopefully the price point will come down over time.
The ball was very easy to start using. Download the app, place the ball on the charging pad to take it out of travel mode (it is shipped in travel mode which can only be turned off by placing it on the pad). Start the app, dribble the ball 4 times and we were connected. It took a few reps to get used to the order you need to do things to get the best shot recognition. Its smoothest if you have a partner to rebound the ball and chest pass it to you. No dribble before you shoot or it won't recognize the shot. We had no issues with connectivity or the ball not recognizing shots. It worked flawlessly for us. I was very impressed.
The ball is made of a very high quality leather. I will only use it inside on the court. It's way too nice to risk taking outside. I would think that this ball and its app would be an invaluable tool for any basketball coach.
Using the Ball:
- You need to use the ball in a certain way for it to record shots correctly. The website has videos showing how.
- Best to have a partner. They rebound dribble it once, then chest pass it to you. You catch and shoot. No dribble.
- You can use it by yourself. You need to toss it in the air to simulate a pass before you shoot.
- Treat it as an expensive ball should be treated. Do not throw it against the wall or get it wet.
- Very nice and easy to use. Professionally done.
- Has room for the main user and 3 more players
- Each player gets a name, picture, and height. The height is used to calculate arc.
- Has practice mode for getting instant feedback on stats like backspin, shot speed and shot arc, and dribble count. No history is saved in practice mode
- Has workouts where you perform a skill (shooting 15 feet standing still) and it grades you, saves your history, and moves you up levels as you progress
- Gives audio feedback so you can keep you earphones on and your phone in your pocket
- Lets you connect to social media to complete social challenges.
- Does not recognize if the shot is made or missed. You can keep track of that if you want.
- Has a head to head game you can play against friends.
- High quality ball with great look and feel.
- Comes with a high quality carrying bag
- Requires iPhone/iPad or android with Blue Tooth 4.0. Check website for compatibility list
- Easy to Charge just line up ball logo with charging pad. Blue light tells you it's charging and when it's done
- Make sure that the round ring on the charging pad is centered on the ball logo on the pad itself. The ring moves and if it isn't centered the ball won't charge.
- Easy to connect to your iPhone
- 90 foot Bluetooth range
- The ball looks to have updatable firmware
- Inflates normally with a needle and pump
- A lot of videos that help you see the best way to use the ball
- FAQ list with everything you might need to know
- Workout history is saved to their website ([...]) but it looks like you need some sort of license to activate it.
Sent pictures and asked for help... NOTHING but problems.
Customer Service wants a copy of the receipt to prove it is their ball??? After 6-8 months I don't have any receipt. Their company is only 2 years old and the Name is on the ball. So it can not be old and it can not be any other companies ball.
They literally go this far to not replace a defective ball??
Any good company would WANT that ball back so that their defects were not out on the street, their customers were happy, and they could diagnose and prevent future defects.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The box contains:
* The 94Fifty "smart" basketball
* Wireless charging pad (with AC power cord) and detachable ball holder