Customer Reviews: Delta Faucet 989-SSSD Allora Single-Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet with Soap Dispenser, Stainless
Amazon Vehicles Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fin fin fin  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis hhnsweeps Shop Cycling on Amazon

on January 13, 2008
I love looking at and using this faucet but the installation was not easy. Faucet leaked when installed, the instructions had a specific part to deal with this. There were a list of parts to replace if it leaked. My contractor took the handle apart and found a kinked O-ring. Simple, cheap part but on a $300+ faucet it shouldn't have been a problem to begin with.
on January 12, 2010
I have had this faucet in my kitchen for almost three years and love it. We splurged on it when we re-did our kitchen because the faucet is something you use more than anything else--more than stove, microwave, etc. (Maybe we use the fridge as much.)

It is a beautiful faucet. The magnetic release requires just a very light touch to use the pull down sprayer. It is high enough to wash big stock pots and such.

One reviewer said it was a little awkward getting used to the right hand side on-off lever--but we gave one to my Mother-in-law and her plumber was able to simply turn the unit around and place the lever on the left. So, I am not sure that's an issue or else she had a bootleg plumber. Anyway, hers works fine, too.

The soap dispenser leaves a lot to be desired. Our was always balky, but finally started gushing soap at the base. I called Delta today and they are sending out a whole new soap unit. I think I bought ours the month it was introduced since it wasn't in any of the catagloues or in any of the fixture stores and had to be special ordered. Thus I am hoping in the nearly three years since we got our faucet they have corrected any issues with the soap dispenser.

When I called them they were ultra helpful and offered to send a new unit immediately at no expense. So while I am not thrilled with the soap dispenser (which looks good, by the way) I am happy with their service in backing it up.
on May 24, 2009
Love it! The size is nice - not too large/tall, but bigger enough to accomodate large items in the sink without crowding. Area behind the sink is very tidy - only two holes and looks stylish without looking trendy. One touch operation - on/off, hot/cold, spray/stream, fixed/or/hose. We use the spray feature much more than we did with the separate spray fixture, plus the spray area is much wider. So convenient to just grab the head while the water is running - easy flip to spray and back - the hose retracts easily, snaps right back into place.

Update: We phoned Delta to find out what kind of glue we should use to attach the magnet on the faucet head back on - it had split and was sticking to the neck and not holding the head on. We'd been using the faucet for over 2 years and were not very careful to ease the hose back on, just let it snap back. We were not unhappy with our product, just needed to do a little maintenance and wanted to do it properly. Delta replaced the entire head. We argued that ours was fine and just needed a fix, but they insisted that they did not want to have us fix it but send us a new one. Impressive. We still are very happy with our faucet choice and have a new loyalty to the company.
on September 7, 2009
To prepare my house for the market, we put in solid surface countertops with an undermount stainless steel sink. We chose the Allora faucet because of Delta's reputation, our customer service experiences with them, and the price for value. The magetic attachment for the sprayer sets this faucet apart from the competition. We went to a major supply house showroom to try all the faucets. Returning the sprayer to the faucet neck had some degree of difficulty for all of them except the Delta Allora. It easily snaps back in place every time.

Our house was on the market 90 days exactly. I am shopping for a replacement faucet for my new home and stopped by here on Amazon. I thought that I would share my experience with you on Allora. I will probably buy another one.

I have two small grievances with the Allora. As others have mentioned, the soap dispenser isn't the greatest and secondly, you need to get used to the on/off lever being on the right side of the faucet if you're left handed. It is awkward sometimes for certain tasks.
on February 6, 2009
Installed it on a solid counter-top with under-mounted stainless steel sink and it looks great - just like a picture in the re-modeling magazines. Have used it for 3 months now with no problems. My only caveat is that the soap dispenser is plastic and it would be nice if it were stainless, but that's a relatively minor point.
on November 30, 2012
In the last three months I've bought two Delta facuets. One was for our guest bathroom, where we put in a new ssink. The other one was for our kitchen sink.

These facuets have a decent appearance. But the quality of their parts is a big disapointment. The 'brass' facuet installed in our spare bathroom has a drain stop that looks like brass, but is made of plastic--not a good idea for sinks that are cleaned mostly with abraisive materials.
What got me was that this was not an especially cheap facet. It cost $200, purchased from, through Amazon.
The other faucet replaced a 7 year old American Standard faucset, that had developed severe constriction in its hot water.
The Delta that replaced it, I noticed when carrying out the old faucet in the new faucet's box, was made of solid metal components. I had a real weight and heft to it. The Delta faucet, on the other hand was extremely light. The reason for the lightness is the overwhelming preponderance of plastic parts. I was shocked by this revelation. If I wasn't already on the hook for the services of a plumber I hired to install the faucet, I would have returned it.
In the store, all you see is the top part of the faucet. All the working parts are hidden away below the counter.
This faucet cost $100. It is cheaply made, and not worth the price.
on December 27, 2009
The faucet works very well. The metal shows finger prints and difficult to keep clean. The soap dispenser leaks after pumping for soap. Looks good but doesn't work well.
on January 1, 2010
People are hard to please as we all know. There is nothing wrong with this faucet, it works perfectly. If you have it professionally installed you will not have a problem with installation. No one makes a good soap dispenser. That being said, this one works very well. Yes, you can install it for either a right or left handed person and can even adjust the hot and cold settings. It's built well, it works well, it looks good and if you shop around you can get it for $230 like I did. I'd recommend this faucet to anyone.
on July 21, 2008
It is a nice faucet and definitely worth the money I paid on Amazon. It is nearly $200 more in Expo. The included soap dispenser is convenient but does not sit perfect on the counter like the faucet does. All in all I would definitely recommend it.
on April 17, 2015
Allora faucet broke down 5 times in less than 2 years (1st tine after only 6 months), 4 times for the same part, sprayer nozzle switch. They now say they have finally resolved that problem but want to charge me for the replacement which may require a plumber to install.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse