Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Genuine Dell 9JDYJ nVidia GeForce P361 GTS 240 1GB PCI-E High Profile x16 Slot Video Graphics Card Adapter, For Any System That Supports A Full Height PCI-Express x16 Slot, Compatible Dell Part Number: P118N, Video Graphics Card Delivers World Class HD Graphics, PhysX Gaming Effects, Fast Video/Image Processing and Full NVIDIA 3D Vision Support Allowing Gaming in True Stereoscopic 3D
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on December 29, 2011
The Dell GTS 240 OEM card is basically a slightly underclocked GTS 250. At this price, it's a tremendous buy. As far as I can tell my card was brand new, not refurb or used. I stuck it in a HTPC/NAS that has an ungodly amount of stuff crammed into it and it's running at around 62C. I will probably integrate a script into mythtv to underclock the card via nvidia-settings while doing anything but gaming, and then bump it up to stock clocks in those circumstances. It's very quiet, considering how loud my PNY single slot 9800GT was (which ran as hot if not a bit hotter).

The card obviously works great under linux. Can't speak for windows but I'm guessing it would work fine with the latest nvidia drivers.
on December 8, 2011
I was surprised to find this video card, which is an exact match for my Alienware computer, at such a reasonable price! I was further impressed by the fact that it arrived quickly and safely. I was bemoaning the fact that WOW, SCII and other games were slow and graphically inferior on our "backup" computer, so my husband was quite happy to install it promptly - restoring peace to our gaming household once more. Thanks again!!
on March 6, 2012
This is a DELL OEM card (fits PCI Express slot, NOT AGP). Being an OEM card it does NOT include:
- Drivers (download them from nvidia's website)
- 6-pin power connector adapter. If your power supply does not have a 6-pin molex connector you may need to buy something like StarTech.com 6-Inch LP4 to 6 Pin PCI Express Video Card Power Cable Adapter (LP4PCIEXADAP)
- DVI-to-VGA adapters (there are 2 DVI connectors on the card but no HDMI or VGA)
- Fancy packaging
If you need a cheap powerful graphics card for gaming this one should work fine. Just be sure your case ventilation is good and your power supply can handle the additional load (according to wikipedia the GTS240 card consumes 120 watts).
on January 8, 2012
Works great,It will run with a 250WATT PowerSupply, does not come with 6pin adapter(if your power supply does not have one), does not come with installation disk(you can get it online with ease) was a great easy buy.Came in a few days.
on June 26, 2012
Ordered this to replace the OEM card that somehow broke off a vaneaxial fan blade. So in essence, I did not purchase this as an upgrade, but in order to repair the PC that I have. Simple removal & install of this item and is still working fine after 6 months of use.
on December 4, 2011
Bought this device because I had a Dell Optiplex 745 that wouldn't play a game that I had. Seems to work great.
on January 26, 2012
Had to replace my video card for Dell XPS 8100 and not only I found exact match but it works awesome too! No driver update needed on my 2 year old system and I swaped the card in 10 minutes and system was up and running. Also card arrived in great packaging.
on March 6, 2012
EDIT: 6/20/2012: The price has been raised to $75. Used to be $52, which was a bargain; now though, a better performance per cost would be a 6850 ATI Radeon card. Alas.

OLD POST, NO LONGER VALID:

To begin, you are buying this card at a bargain price, you cannot find these normally in retail. The GTS 240 as others have said is basically a slightly underclocked GTS 250. As you can see from the following link:

[...]

If you search for the GTS 240 on the high end market GPUs, you will find it scores just over a 1000. That is AMAZING for $52. Means you are getting roughly a 20:1 Performance Benchmark to $USD. There is no other card on the market that gives that good of a ratio.

If you want, you can also SLI connect (Be sure you have TWO PCIe 2.0 Ports available and an adequate power supply) two of these cards together to produce a card roughly equivalent to a GTX 260 or a 550 GTX Ti for a savings of roughly $20.

Do know, however, that this card's architecture is aging, so you may want to go ahead a buy a new card, or wait for the Nvidia 600 Kepler series that are releasing soon, if you want to buy a bargain priced 500 series as their prices fall with the new architecture.

But again, I reiterate, this is a bargain priced GPU. Equivalent priced low-level cards, such as the GT 520, benchmark three times LOWER than this card, once again making this card the best "bang for your buck," on the market if you want to buy a very inexpensive gaming video card.
on November 19, 2013
This was an exact replacement for the one that went bad. It obviously isn't the best card but for me it works great and it was cheap.
on January 28, 2012
I am very satified with this purchase. It was a great value for the price.

I think when such a item is sold for the price I paid, I will purchase again.

Thanks a million