Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 20 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 31 reviews
on June 1, 2012
First off a little bit about me so you can understand where I am coming from. I am a conservative Christian Pastor. I believe there are two kinds of music lovers out there. Those who love music for the words and those who love music for the instrumentation, tune ect. Not that those who like words more don't notice the music or vice versa but that either the words or the music are more important to some. I am one of the lyric type. I like music for the words and consequently listen to music from literally every genre. For me if the words are not good than the song is not good. Also I believe that musci was created by God to bring honor, glory, and praise to Him. So any Christian band that does not intentionally honor Christ in their music is in reality not a Christian band. Ok, enough about me.

This cd falls under my personal Christian soft rock almost worship music genre. Many of the songs are worship in their focus and aspect though maybe not the traditional worship music style. The songs are upbeat and focused as well as musically and lyrically sound. All in all it is a solid album that though not necessarily doing anything new is still very good and worth a listen. If you like bands such as The Museum, Tenth Avenue North, or Brandon Heath you will most likely enjoy Mikeschair.

Obviously the most heard of song is "Someone Worth Dying For". Being a lyrics person this is easily one of my favorites. It is soul stirring and uplifting. My personal favorites though are probably "All For You", and "You Loved Me First"
on August 7, 2012
The unusual name of the band, Mike's Chair, was taken by them because when they first got together to practice there was no chair in the room for Mike, the lead vocalist. He would have to leave the room and find a chair to bring in. (Silly trivia). This 'album' is very, very good and the Christian lyrics just shine. I am able to use my MP3 at work and with music like this, it helps me focus on things heavenly instead of the word. Try it!!
on August 13, 2014
Great!
on September 8, 2011
It always floors me when someone comes along, like "Big T" below, and unfairly rates an album based on their dislike of Christian music. This is obvious here because his comments are absolutely ridiculous! This album is full of great songs with great lyrics. Musically, the album is very well produced, the sound is tight, and it's a good listen from start to finish.
on August 24, 2012
I purchased this CD when my son was in Salvation Army Rehab. He told me about the music that they listened to. I found the music to be very beautiful and so easy to listen to. There are other on Amazon that I plan to purchase. The price was very reasonable. Marie
on April 3, 2013
This album is awesome. Every single song is fantastic. Can easily listen to it all the way through. The first track is especially awesome.
on June 26, 2015
Liked it really awesome met these guys at itchus festival really good down to early Godly band
on January 13, 2014
This CD has top of the line songs and is amazing. I would recommend it for anyone. The shipping was very fast and arrived sooner than expected. This CD will have you listening to it nonstop.
on March 10, 2016
Awesome!
on November 27, 2012
I really like this band. I heard a few of their songs on the radio and decided to buy the cd. I like listening to it when I'm going through a tough time, it always lifts my spirits.