Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 395 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 648 reviews
on May 16, 2017
The book was a meandering journey sometimes confusing as it flashed back in time than went forward through the factors that contributed to the character of a man. Sometimes I felt great kinship as O'Reilly is a man of my generation -a baby boomer. I related to the working class upbringing and the cultural references gave me a chuckle. We boomers wanted to change the world in a good way. I, too, was the first woman to graduate from college. His honesty was a brilliant flash here and there. Would like to have read more of that brief struggle with humility. Values and character should be our take away. Flawed as a man? Yes of course but a bit muzzy in the character self analysis. Self awareness is not one of his strengths. Change too self absorbed for that, but moving toward the light. Prompted me to think of writing my own reminiscence of that era.
VINE VOICEon July 17, 2015
Having grown up on Long Island about the same years O'Reilly did, I enjoyed this look back at the childhood days there, the Catholic school horrors, the "pithy," blunt, and to-the-point good advice he got from his dad, and the highlights of his surfing through a brief career as a teacher and then into television journalism. All his advice, even his dietary recommendations, are good. He goes after his enemies by name, and never mentions any girlfriends or romantic liaisons. (Okay, a little strange.) It's a quick, entertaining read written in a conversational fashion that often made me laugh.
on October 17, 2009
Having said that, I will offer that I, too, am a private person and keep my personal and professional life at a distance from one another.

First I must admit that I initially assumed that the title implied that 'bold' and 'fresh' were adjectives used in a self-congratulatory kind of way. It soon became apparent that it was meant as an admonition by the strict authoritarian figures who were Bill's early mentors. To be clear, Bold was not something you wanted to be perceived as in a classroom run by a nun. Fresh... even worse still. It implies a sense of disrespect for the authoritarian.

Both traits, however, are needed more than ever in a society that has done it's best to stifle and destroy independent thought and critical thinking.

I was especially pleased for an insight into the mind and persona of O'Reilly. I don't always agree with O'Reilly on his opines, but I always respect and admire his critical analysis and professional apoproach to topics he covers. I appreciate the way he holds to task those who are less than straight forward with their agenda and actions.

This is a good read that will inspire you to be more involved in your world and reveal the cards of those who would abuse your best interests.
on April 23, 2017
Wasn't sure that I would like this story but was pleasantly surprised about how much I enjoyed it. Bill tells about his life growing up. It really is fascinating that he has made his life from very humble beginnings. I would most definitely recommend this book .
on April 6, 2017
I have been a fan for many years and admire how he faced the challenges which helped him to become the force he is today.
on May 7, 2017
Enjoyed the very human side that was revealed. He pointed out his fairness in his approach to life. A very good point!
on April 17, 2017
I used to think he was too hysterical on TV, but enjoy watching him now. This was a funny, interesting read. I enjoyed it.
on April 29, 2017
Loved it-the humor and getting to know Bill even better.
on August 21, 2017
totally enjoyable and relatable to that time
on April 29, 2017
I really enjoyed the book. It describes what you see and hear from Bill O'Reilly. It explains him.