Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Nothing More GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 38 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 44 reviews
on March 1, 2016
I am a Diana Henry fan and finally purchased this book for myself after giving it as a gift to several others. She writes wonderfully and her suggested modifications are always of interest.
on August 9, 2016
A gift for my son who is a chef and he was impressed with book. I loved the photography just browsing through it.
on December 21, 2014
Excellent hard copy book. Fabulous photos!
on June 19, 2015
I love this book. It is beautiful, the prose elegant and recipes are outstanding.
on July 9, 2014
Brilliant modern, healthy, food.
This is a book for how we eat now. The dishes are easy and so great and tasty to eat. You feel fantastic after eating them. My guests have all fallen l in love with everything I have cooked from this knockout book. Have just had tonight the glorious, pumpkin, spinach and pomegranate salad, WOW, Another book,Please!
on November 12, 2014
This book is as stunning inside as it looks from the outside. Beautiful typography and page layout, photographs that leave you wanting to make each recipe ASAP, and most importantly, the recipes that I have tried thus far (five of them) were all worthy of high praise. I've made two of them more than once already, because they are that good. The husband who is not an adventurous eater, has loved every one so far as well.

The recipes are completely approachable for a non-professional cook, and don't take hours of prep time or a cart full of ingredients to execute. Wonderful!

My one and only thing that I can say could be improved, and this is just a huge personal preference really hence why I am not going to take away a star for it, is that I wish every recipe had a picture. Pictures for each recipe not only helps sell me on trying it, but is a visual guide for the visually dependent home cook that I am, where I feel most confident knowing what it should look like and be plated as, when completed.

I am so impressed with this cookbook that I will be giving it as a gift to several people this holiday season. It feels like a gift, not only each time I make a delicious recipe, but in it's overall feeling special as well.
on December 13, 2014
Brilliant and great price
on November 15, 2014
There is not a single recipe that i have made that my family hasn't raved over- it's a great series of recipes with simple instructions. Love cooking with farro- nice change from the rice dishes. Ingredients easily found in the local grocers ( ok- in the Berkeley Bowl- not your usual grocers). I am going to buy a few more copies and give as holiday gifts- an excellent companion to Ottolenghi's books. Just different enough for a nice change. I can highly recommend this cookbook.
on June 19, 2014
Look out Ottolenghi, there's a new cookbook in town.

I just received my copy of A Change of Appetite and I am in love.

I think it was personally written just for me.
Ms. Henry talks about "dieting" and the myths that go with it. Just eat healthy and stay away from refined sugar.

I can't wait to try everything in this book.......it's a mix of Ottolenghi's books and a bit of Nigel Slater thrown in.
Gorgeous photos too........

I am making the Persian salad tomorrow w/ the fresh herbs and radishes in my garden.
It's my new favorite cookbook.
33 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2015
Gorgeous photographs but none of the recipes are anything particularly new to my collection. Also some recipes have many many ingredients so not exactly a simple meal kind of cookbook.