Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: A Christmas Wish
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Water Sports STEM

Format: DVD|Change

on November 28, 2011
My family and I watched this movie the past week and thoroughly enjoyed it. Many Lifetime and Hallmark movies are either tearjerkers, or have a storyline that is a little hard to swallow. This one had good acting, warm hometown flavor, and moved along at a very good pace. It was over before we knew it, and we were actually wishing it would continue. It had a few tender moments, but they weren't sappy or overdone. The whole cast was excellent and I would recommend this movie to anyone out there.
11 comment| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2011
This is far from the usual simple Christmas fare, much heartier and warmer, with good acting (I hardly recognized Edward Hermann!), a realistic plot (especially in today's hard times), and many wonderful laughs to be enjoyed. I went right to Amazon to buy a copy for my family. Don't miss this one; it's going to be a Christmas classic.
on November 28, 2011
This movie won't disappoint you! If you only have time to watch one christmas movie or hallmark movie this year, please watch this one! The women takes her children who the father abandoned them, has no money and has to find a place to live, and finds work in a small town's cafe. This movie shows us the true meaning of Christmas, putting your faith and believing! I loved it!
VINE VOICEon January 14, 2012

This film presents a pleasing story of family tragedy and hope.

Martha Evans ( Kristy Swanson) and three children are abandoned by her husband. This guy is the classic case of irresponsible males. He empties their bank accounts and leaves with most of their money, deserting his wife, her two daughters and a step son, to survive on their own. Martha, who is unable to earn enough to support the family, loads up the children and moves north in hope of a better life.
After traveling a log distance, Martha stops at a small town, finds an inexpensive room and secures a job as a waitress in a small 24 hour café. She struggles for days, cares for the children, and makes friends. Meanwhile the children grieve the abandonment by their father and wonder if that means they are not loved and not worthy of care.

Slowly the children adjust and become a family. But their only car breaks down and the innkeeper informs her that she must move as he rented her room to a business. Desperate and without hope, Martha prays for help.

This is a feel good story. The townspeople accept Martha and her children and help her survive.

I recommend this film to people who enjoy family films.
99 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 18, 2011
I love this movie its a great family movie. Its a very touching movie. I Love it. please ou have to see this movie. The Packaging was great and it came in a bubbled wrapped envelope. if you love christmas movies then you will love this movie. it is a blessing on how GOD will answer our prayers when we need it the most and how fast he will answer our prayers.
on January 16, 2012
This movie is in my library, because it is worth watching over and over, and I still shed tears at the same moments in the movie as I did the first time I saw it. Christy Swanson does an incredibly awesome job portraying a single mom of three children. The kids and the supporting cast all provide a heartwarming tale of the courage and of the ability of people to support each other when love might be the only thing they can afford. This movie should become a classic, without a doubt. It will warm and touch your heart.
on January 15, 2012
I Loved this movie, I'm one who will cry on Halmark comercials. So I must say that I lost it quite a few times. It was beautiful. I plan on watching it every Christmas season. I would recomend this movie to every one to watch. I loved
the part the older sister played.
on December 30, 2011
this movie has become a classic in our home,we watch it every year!Great message about the love of family and the bond that keeps us together.
on November 29, 2014
Love this movie! Inspiring, family movie which although shows a woman in a tough situation, it walks through the story of standing on her own two feet and caring for her children with the simplest life, yet they appreciate everything she does. The town comes together and through the interactions between the single mom and the town's people, they are all touched and reminded of what Christmas is really about. Great family movie. Bought several for stocking stuffers for all my Christmas movie loving family members.
on March 22, 2012
A Christ-mas Wish happens to be one of the best we've seen in quite a while, it brings sadness, joy, laughter, humor, shows spirit from Mom that almost becomes despair but she finally rallys with hope along with community support and is able to work through heartache at times. Since most of what comes out of Hollywod the last 10 years, is quite frankly "crap". think a familly would enjoy owning this DVD and watch not just at Christ-mas but thru the year. Thank you Amazon for also carrying such a selection of Hallmark movies that do give us choices.