Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Vant Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 39 reviews
on May 6, 2017
A wonderful resource, but now that it's more than 30 years old, it could use an update. The copy I received was immaculate--brand new and shrink-wrapped.
on August 5, 2014
This really is the comprehensive grammar of English.

It's very well organized as a reference. I got this to better my English, and to have a resource that was a supplement to Google searches on the finer points.
on February 25, 2013
This is an excellent and truly comprehensive grammar of the English language. After using this in libraries for years, I finally bought my own copy. The many examples used to illustrate the various grammatical phenomena under discussion make the book particularly useful.
on November 12, 2016
Industry standard. A brilliant document. Very happy with the service. Many thanks.
Neil McLeod
on May 24, 2017
Great product and service
on October 15, 2009
I've had no chance to read "Huddleston, The Cambridge Grammar of the English Language", but in my opinion Quirk's work is the only real reference grammar on the market.
For sure you cannot read it while relaxing yourself on the beach, but for any serious advanced student (and mainly for more specialized users such as teachers, writers and so on) it is a must-have (and to study, hard study !!) book.
I've bought many english grammars but no one is as realiable and structured as this one. The complementary book for Quirk is "Biber, Longman Grammar of Spoken and Written English": it's a great work bust my first impression is not so good as expected (too much data and analisys, very poor synthesis)
on July 14, 2016
Super
on April 1, 2015
Excellent!
on June 12, 2011
This is one of the most complete grammar of the English language that I've ever seen.
It's very useful for those that are interested in the English language;
Useful for native speakers or for those that are not, like me!
on December 8, 2016
I was very bad at English grammar in the past ,and I came to U.S to study. English schools I enrolled took thousands of dollars from me while teaching me 1 to 3 percent of grammar.
I learned almost nothing at English classes as they skipped many basic chapters. At the end of all english classes, I realised I was not fluent in English at writing, speaking levels,etc...

I went on a search for the best and most comprehensive english grammar book , and ,here , I found myself. I got this book without a second thought. If ,in the past, someone had told me about this book, I would never have paid English teachers so much money. I learned my lessons the hard way after all .

Don't trust someone to teach you everything you want to learn while paying them ! Do your share of work , and you come out satisfied in the end! Save yourself some money and get this book to learn all about English grammar that you may not know enough at ' those English schools.'