BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Russell Dickerson PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 19, 2017
It is a very interesting book . The main characters are well developed, we can like some and hate some but that makes the plot very exciting. The family saga with very well portrayed banking development and insightful look into people's life right across the different social groups . Wonderful reading , I couldn't put the book down.
on August 3, 2016
One of his best with interesting characters, good guys and bad ,and even a love story. A must for Follett fans or a first time reader of his books.
on April 21, 2017
This is the latest of Ken Follett!S books I have read and all of them spin a story that will not let you rest until you know how the adventure ends. This one takes you through financial life of England at the end of the nineteenth century.
on October 1, 2017
Boys will be boys, or will they? When early pranks lead to far more sinister results, the boys' lives embark on a future that weaves lies and secrets into realities. Follett's mastery of historical detail and behavioral implications makes for fascinating exploration of greed and concern for others.
on April 18, 2017
Ken Follett is a master at writing compelling, exciting historical novels peppered with interesting, multi-leveled characters! I learn so much about history while I follow the intriguing lives of the book's cast.
on March 4, 2017
I enjoy Follett's work. He does a great job weaving characters in a story. This one was a little slow to start but end with a terrific finish.
on February 8, 2017
I have just finished reading this book for the second time. I first read it about seven years ago, this time it was just as exciting but, more meaningful. I think I will read it again in about 10 years and see if my assessment of the characters remain the same. An awesome book!
on March 5, 2017
If you like Ken Follett, you will enjoy this book. Strong characters, good plot. A page turner. Looking forward to reading more Ken Follett.
on May 23, 2014
I liked this book. It was quite the page turner at times, other times it was about banking, which is interesting but not exactly riveting. The book is about a wealthy family of bankers. While the youngest of the bankers is in school, an unfortunate murder happens, and sets in motion all kinds of intrigue, backstabbing and schemes. It has murder, romance, and in general a lot of dubious individuals. One of those books where a ton of story lines are happening and in the end they all connect. My only real complaint is most of the characters are so flat. This person is a villain, so they only do villainous things. Very black and white characters, where I like my characters to be slightly more grey.

It is written extremely well. I love Ken Follett, but it would be best not to compare this to his Pillars. On its own its a very good book, compared to pillars, it's an alright book.
on March 12, 2013
I love Ken Follett. I can always count on a page-turner when I open one of his books. The first one I read was Eye of the Needle and I couldn't put it down. And I thought the movie version was just as exciting. On to Pillars of the Earth and World Without End. I am impressed by the massive amount of research that goes into his writing. He must be a slave to his computer. A Dangerous Fortune, while not as long as some of his books, follows a similar pattern whereby the main characters are either very likable or very evil. The protagonist finds fortune, only to lose ground at the hands of the antagonists, repeatedly. Sometimes I think I can't take one more misfortune. But I always make it to the end, when the good guy gets his way, sort of.