Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 46 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 180 reviews
on March 16, 2014
Couldn't find this Cd anywhere in the store but I knew you would have it...Its the best I love love love it Thank You
on March 24, 2017
Great seller. Awesome album.
on March 14, 2017
Loved the album!!!
on June 20, 2006
Rihanna is back with her second album in less than a year which is pretty much unheard of in today's industry. Her first album Music of The Sun displayed a lot of potential with songs such as Pon de Replay, You Don't Love Me, The Last Time, and Willing To Wait. Contrary to popular belief, Rihanna really shined on the ballads and midtempos rather than the uptempo tracks. Recognizing this fact, the second album leans heavily on the ballads and midtempos and it really works. Some people don't like Rihanna's voice and compare her to Beyonce ( 0which it seems like everyone that comes out female is somehow a Beyonce clone in some way shape or form)...I don't believe any of that; she doesn't sound like Beyonce and she doesn't make songs like Beyonce. People need to get over it.

Back to the album, A Girl Like Me is a good listen and manages to give a good mix of slow jams (Unfaithful, PS Im Still Not Over You, Million Miles Away, Title song), dance tunes (Break It Off, SOS, If it's Lovin), and grooves (We Ride, Dem Haters, Crazy Thing). I really like the songwriting on this album too especially Unfaithful. The album is just the right length at 13 tracks and enough gems throughout to keep you interested. I would say that this album is a bit of a mood album meaning I can't just sit and listen to it but it's still a good effort especially coming from Rihanna. This album is a step up from her debut album and if she keeps progressing she'll soon be a real force to reckon with. 3.5 stars.
on September 18, 2006
One of the biggest surprises for me actually this year in terms of music. I mean we had some great offerings like Christina's Back to Basics, Nelly Furtado's Loose, and John Mayer's Continuum(also include India Arie, Mary J Blige, and Bob Dylan). And then we had some disappointments like Beyonce's BDay (come on now and JT -to his fans- is not impressing me either with "Sexyback"). And in terms of new artists the only ones that I had liked was Natasha Bedingfield, Chris Brown (my adolescent relatives got me hooked on that), and Carrie Underwood (yeah you read it!). The reason I'm throwing out names is because Rihanna the artist behind "Pon De Replay" was the last person recently I expected to make a good album, because in some cases I was right before (Ciara being an example for me). But in Rihanna's case I totally misjudged and was glad to have listened to the album. What I love most is the variety of songs in terms of genre (rock, pop, hip/hop, island, r&b). You'd think after listening to "SOS" it would sound all alike and then you're hit with the next two tracks sounding so different and yet good. This was not something you would expect considering her first island-dance album that failed to hit platinum. The album's production is very polished (another surprise) and enjoyable. Now Rihanna isn't the best singer but she knows her limits and tries to stay within them (unlike some artists who I will not name). I'd recommend it but it isn't for everybody. But it is fun and entertaining music.
on February 17, 2017
A Girl like Me is the second studio album by Barbadian singer Rihanna. It was released by Def Jam Recordings on April 11, 2006.
Genres: Pop music, Rhythm and blues, Contemporary R&B, Reggae, Dance-pop.
Comes into 2xLPs (vinyl records).
My copy is excellent!
Thank you Amazon.
VINE VOICEon August 24, 2007
The CD is full of catchy songs. I especially like Unfaithful. Although not as well written, some lyrics do sound a little off, it is well sung and Rihanna's voice gives it that extra something that makes the song so addictive.
on January 26, 2013
My Mom had this CD and gave it to me. I wound up breaking it after a long time of having it. It broke my heart cause she gave it to me the year that she passed away. So automatically ordered a new one. Not the same one but was able to replace it and that's all that mattered. Thank you so much.
on October 16, 2015
I love her music! Amazon is the best place to buy cds. I can't seem to get with the new turn of technology. I just like my compact discs!!! I still have a compact disc album. I just enjoy collecting them.
on August 21, 2006
I bought this DVD for the song SOS.. and it is great. I was hoping for more fast beat songs like that, but instead there are a lot of songs with a reggae beat. I do like Reggae too.. so that's not a bad thing.. it's just not what I was expecting. There are a couple of slow songs on there too. Overall.. a decent purchase.