Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,470 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,806 reviews
on April 11, 2015
Unlike his other Dies, this one concentrates on the heir (much like Indy with his son). My biggest gripe is his demeanor, acting as if he doesn't know what's going on.. As if his encounters were significant while those not associated with him is irrelevant but soon enough he puts himself in harms way and becomes his own victim again. Lots of action but passing the baton didn't quite work for me. Maybe the next episode with just the son and he in a cameo may be worthy, we'll see.
on May 20, 2016
So hard to recapture the magic of the first though this being the 5th that would be expected. Though when number four came out I was hoping that was more of a trend, but the addition of the son and the foreign land aspect I thought took away more than it added. Now don't get me to wrong, I liked them all for movies over all, this one just isn't the best of the group but I'd happily check out the sixth if that is where they are heading, nice to see what old John is up to, again :)
on July 5, 2014
A Good Day to Die Hard is the fifth installment of the Die Hard series with John Mcclane returning to action again only this time with his son.I love this series so much that i was pretty excited when i heard they were making another one.The day before it came out i heard it got bad reviews which i could really care less about but i also heard it was only 90 minutes.Which really dont mean much either but still all the other Die Hard movies were well over 2 hrs.Kinda made me think they either rushed it or threw it together.Regardless i went to see it.For the first time i experienced being disappointed at a Die Hard movie.The complaint is way too short,not enough time to develop a proper story,and too much focus on his son.John Mcclane is the hero of these movies,I didnt even really know who the bad guy was he was not nearly as memorable as even Timothy Olyphant from Live Free or Jeremy Irons from With a Vengeance.Theres a lot of action in it but no good fight scenes really nothing to brag about.I dont hate it but its without a doubt the lowest entry of the series.
If i had to rate best to least fav it would be
1,2,3,4 then 5 in that order

Hopefully the next one will be better.
on April 2, 2017
if I could give a zero, I would. This was just plain bad, very very very bad. There is nothing believable about this. And yuck, can't get the money back. This is from my son "The helicopter scenes are horrible. And how he meets his son is bad also." Thumb down emoji
on August 21, 2017
After seeing the first four movies I knew that I would like this 5th one. Though it does focus less on Bruce Willi's character, it does help to bring together the whole package of not just what he can do but also McClane's personal life as did the 4th film
on June 7, 2013
I believe most people that grew up watching the original movies will find themselves a little disappointed by this latest addition to the Die Hard franchise. Its not a bad movie, but it didn't feel the same anymore. Some people might say its because of Bruce Willis age, but he did pretty well and I don't feel like that hurt the movie. I would agree with a couple of other reviewers that said the acting was off a bit. All the Die Hard's have a little bit of comedy and one liners from Bruce Willis, but it just didn't work in this one. I was seriously sick of hearing him say he was on vacation. I also don't feel like Bruce sharing equal screen time with his "son" really worked. Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson in Die Hard 3 worked. This was just a pale shadow of what we saw there. Whats missing most to me though is the bad guy. The first three movies had memorable characters that you really wanted to see dead, while this movies bad guys were very bland and I didn't really care what happened to them.

A Good Day to Die Hard has some great action sequences. Its also great to see Bruce Willis playing this character again. The movie is enjoyable to rent if you are looking for some fun, but there does seem to be a few holes in the acting, the jokes fall a bit flat, the story involving his son really leaves something to be desired, and the bad guys just really make you feel indifferent when you should want to see Bruce take them out by the end of the movie.
on February 5, 2016
Great value and fast shipping. I have all of the other Die-Hard movies on Bluray, in a collectors box. I just needed this one to complete the whole movie collection.
on July 2, 2014
Acceptable as a Bruce Willis movie. I can't really add much to earlier reviews except that the description of this disc is not very complete. What they do not tell you is that if your TV/B-ray playback device is not integrated into the internet you will NOT BE ABLE
TO VIEW THE B-RAY DISC!!!.

I was not able to try to watch this movie as soon as I received it. By the time I had a chance to play it and find out it would not work I was a day or so past Amazon's 30 day limit to return 'defective' items. I have now paid for a HD movie I can not look at and there seems to be no way I can get compensated for it. This is not the first time I have seen this problem. It also happened when I bought 'The Book Thief'. So far it seems to effect only 20th century Fox productions
on June 20, 2013
I love the Die Hard films and even really liked #4 - Live Free or Die Hard. This movie looked promising to me because I also like films with Russian characters so this should have been great. But, while there were some good points and the requisite cool explosions, the film fell flat overall. I could pick out several instances where a scene could have been a lot better with just a few more lines of dialogue or a little extra effort to maintain consistency with characters. Why no backstory as to how Jack and his father fell out? Why did no one in the family know Jack's career path for several years? When everyone started speaking English in front of Komarov, how did we know that Komarov understood them? And how on earth did they get to their final location (no spoilers) without being stopped by guards? (And they completely downplayed the future health effects they will likely suffer because of that trip.)

This film made some leaps and assumptions that were hard for me to overlook since I specifically paid attention to the Russian elements and have basic geographical, cultural, and linguistic knowledge. But it wasn't terrible.
on July 7, 2013
I grew up on Die Hard. I remember watching the first one when I was a kid. Yes I saw it when I was a kid and no I never went on a shooting spree or committed any other acts of violence, but that's a different discussion. I loved the first one. Still do. In fact I have enjoyed every Die Hard, parts two and four a little less but still found entertainment from them. This one however left me wanting. Sure John McClane has become something of a super hero and is no longer the "regular cop" in the "wrong place at the wrong time". This began in Live Free or Die Hard. However I still enjoyed that one a lot more then this. The "main" villain was forgettable. The action scenes are way too CGI'd. And the "jokes" just aren't funny. The story seems to be more about McClane's relationship with his son then about the villains and the danger they pose to the city/world. That's fine except this is a Die Hard movie. Well it was supposed to be anyway. I give it 2.5 stars because there were some good ideas in the film, they just never capitalized on them.