Truck Reviews Beauty Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on April 1, 2016
I can't understand negative reviews for this movie - it is so good-hearted and freaken hilarious! It satisfies everything you expect - a range of goofy, (albeit privileged & white) characters in their 30s spending weekends at one of their parent's houses in the Hamptons where they throw crazy parties. They want to end the summer (and possibly their time at the house since it's on the market) with one small orgy blow-out since they missed the crazy sex train having grown up with the fear of AIDS through the 80s. The final orgy is hysterical - with the inevitable emotional weirdness corrected by the drama itself and of course, alcohol. I laughed throughout the movie and felt great about it at the end. Highly recommend as a top notch comedy.
3 people found this helpful
on February 21, 2012
I was one of the only people who saw this movie in the theater. I know this because everyone I recommend the film to has never heard of it. You would think any film with this title would have gotten some attention, but whoever marketed it dropped the ball because it came and went without a peep. More important than the attention-grabbing title (the cleverness seems to fly over the head of idiots who think it's profane), is the fact that THIS MOVIE ROCKS! It's funny throughout, reminds me of one of the Apatow movies mixed with The Big Chill and a little Risky Business thrown in for good measure. I also thought it reminded me of Dazed and Confused (another one of my all-time favorites), and I think this film will also be one people look back on and be amazed at all of the comedic talent it launched. Jason Sudeikis is great on SNL, but his movies have been hit and miss. This one hits in a big way, and he carries it with the wise-ass charm of a young Bill Murray. Tyler Labine steals scene after scene and Nick Kroll (from The League) proves he's more than just funny, he's a great actor. The women in the film are given equal weight (important for a movie like this), and they deliver. Lake Bell is perfect as the uptight therapist and Michelle Borth could talk anyone into an orgy. Lindsay Sloane is adorable as the girl who's more concerned about getting naked in front of her friends than the actual sex, and Will Forte and Lucy Punch are hilarious every second they're on screen. I actually wish they were in a few more scenes, they're so funny, but that's a small complaint.

Overall, this movie is more than just funny (seriously, funniest movie of 2011 and maybe more) but it's also a GREAT film. Very real, oddly sweet and in the end more about friendship than sex. Well, maybe both equally, but it works. BUY THIS FILM! You'll become an acolyte like me.
14 people found this helpful
on September 22, 2015
This is a good movie, Don't let the name throw you. It's all about having to finally grow up. And having that one last fling. Beside you have to have these stories you can tell your kids when they grow up. Well at least the boys. The unradted version is not a whole different than the screen version. All in all a fun movie.
on March 8, 2018
Great underrated comedy.
on February 8, 2018
as Described
on October 8, 2013
This is a great summertime story that not only crosses boundaries that are not normally covered in movies - it also places friends in situations where the level of trust must be elevated in order to not only keep the pending "o" from being known, but also to keep what happens at the "o" a secret. The dynamic cast took great steps to let their boundaries drop to make this a very good story that I am happy to own. There are a lot of life lessons also included in the movie, and I think this is one of the great underrated summer comedies of the 21st century. Definitely rent it, then once you're satisfied, buy it!
3 people found this helpful
on October 11, 2014
This movie shocked me. Not for the subject matter at all, but rather how funny it was and that I'd never heard about until I came across it and rented it off amazon instant video. Granted, the subject matter is not for all. There is nudity, sex, lots of talk about sex, and even a swingers party at a mattress store.....but I don't want to ruin it for you. Give the movie a shot if your not morally apposed to the premise and I think you will find yourself laughing through quite a bit of it a specially Tyler Labine's character. Hilarious!!!!!
on February 1, 2015
One of my favorite comedies, I've seen it a half dozen times and still love it. People I feel are often turned off by the title, which is unfortunate because its hilarious and not what I would necessarily call raunchy. I mean, there's an orgy, sure, but it's pretty awesome and not at all gross.
on August 2, 2017
Not going to change your life but was very entertaining. Lots of laughs and awkwardness.
on April 27, 2018