Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 267 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 561 reviews
on July 15, 2017
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the music of this record. My two star review is for how warped the record was when it arrived. The music still plays so that's good. I'm just surprised, especially because I purchased it new, at full price, and not used.
VINE VOICEon October 17, 2015
You already know this album. You know it was the first Beatles album of all original songs & the songs are all great. This review is regarding the 180 gram vinyl mono pressing. I have to say this is the definitive mono edition of HDN. Dead quiet between tracks the songs are a lot more in your face than the stereo version. I compared this to the Japan direct metal master digital source mono vinyl pressing & the new one wins hands down, feeling more like you are hearing the music alive. Now I finally have a mono version to stand beside my Mobile Fidelity stereo version as, at least for me, the definitive vinyl pressings.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon January 24, 2016
For those buying the digital copies off Amazon like I have, here are the file size breakdown, which may be important to know if you are low on memory space on your playback device:

Please, Please Me - 63.5MB / 14 Files
**Yellow Submarine**
Abbey Road - 91.5MB / 17 Files
Let It Be - 64.9MB / 12 Files

Total 940.3MB

Yes, I skipped the YELLOW SUBMARINE (even though I may one day breakdown and purchase it just because), as well as the other MP3 compilation albums. No problems with any of the MP3 versions, being the exact same as the current Audio CDs.
on September 11, 2009
Okay, I know some of you will disagree that this is their masterpiece; you may possibly point toward the utterly fantastic Revolver, or perhaps Sgt. Pepper as thier finest moment. Perhaps artistically that may be so (remember, this is subjective). But, for me, and MILLIONS others, the early Beatles albums were and are the most exciting that they ever released, the most exhilirating music ever made possibly; THIS is the sound of Beatlemania! And man does it sound wonderful! GLORIOUS! Okay, the reviewer below me made some good points about certain songs sounding better on a couple other CDs (one being a comp., which I steer from except for Past Masters; I am amongst those who simply cannot afford to buy a CD for one song; so congratulations if you can afford that, or the stereo box --let alone the mono one, with the original stereo mixes of Help! and Rubber Soul, and the great Sgt. Pepper mono mix; but for MANY of us, who are possibly buying these one, two, three etc at a time, and those who have hungered for the first four albums to be released in stereo for ALL these years (utter frustration for many extreme fanatics) --these are a GODSEND!

And this CD sounds miles better to me than on the infamous "Beat Records" Original Master Recordings CD set that I've absolutely treasured. It was infamous for its GREAT sound quality. That is, it was great sound...UNTIL NOW.

I cannot put into words the thrill of hearing this album this way, but I will try...first off, the sound is FANTASTIC! Especially amazing was the first listening to Things We Said Today; it sounds unbelieveable on here! And the opening drum wallop of Any Time At All, which gets MY vote as one of the finest Beatles songs ever, my absolute favorite; those writers of the book An Illustrated Record claim that it's not a love song, that is ABSURD! It's the great John Lennon at 100% sincere and heartfelt (which with John means a LOT), the lyrics are beautiful and the delivery is absolute perfection; if you want to know why Lennon was/is considered one of the very best singers in rock and roll history, look no further than this song. It's the greatest!; Lennon was the greatest.

This -- along with With The Beatles -- is my favorite Beatles album. Their greatest period. This is simply the peak of the Beatles as pop song craftsmen. There is NOTHING more important to a song than a euphoric feeling it can bring to you just from hearing it, as opposed to whatever "statement" it makes. Joyously life-affirming is what this is! I was feeling down lately, and this music makes me -- can make one -- feel glad to be ALIVE! The greatness of the early Beatles!
This the most thrilling, Any Time At All, Tell Me Why, Things We Said Today, A Hard Day's Night, I Should Have Known Better, And I Love Her -- there is simply not a bad song on here! They are fantastic. I'm Happy Just To Dance With You -- dismissed by some snobs for being "lightweight" lyrically, even Lennon was not crazy of The Beatles' early songs; too bad! For the opening chords [whatever chords they are!] are positively THRLLING! One song that was my least favorite on here, When I Get Home, even THAT sounds wonderful!

This whole album is utter pop perfection.

I bought this and Revolver first, as I did not have the money to pre-order more. I have since went out today and, spurred on by these, the sound on both (Revolver is VASTLY improved from its previous CD release), I was SO excited, bought the other 5 I was missing of up through Revolver, and will hopefully get more (aka the rest) in a couple weeks.

Don't let this gem of an album pass you by; it is positively beautiful.

You NOT gonna think that And I Love Her, or Any Time At All, are anything less?

Stop analyzing and open your heart. (I just realized, how some will never appreciate certain albums, the truth in the Lovin' Spoonful song: "It's like trying to tell a stranger about rock and roll.")

ENJOY! The songs are perfection and the sound quality is TREMENDOUS!!!!

No true Beatles fan can NOT love this disc!
on May 24, 2013
When they were promoting these remasters they claimed that the sound was so good that it felt like you're in the studio when they recorded the album I beg to differ. If I had a fresh vinyl copy of this album playing on a good stereo it would have had a better sound. I think that by trying to be as close as to the original as possible they sacrificed what could have been a great sounding CD. Think about with all the great audio technology that's out there you think this is the best they can do? I say they should have giving the fans a choice. Let it stick to the original in mono and offer a true up to date stereo mix CD that doesn't give you have the music in one speaker and have the music and vocals in the other.
on May 7, 2015
This album was written and composed while Beatlemania was changing the world.
To show what they could come up with in a limited time frame was nothing less than amazing.
Lennon and McCartney were music geniuses. George Martin was a production master.
George Harrison was as usual only given small doses of what he could do but wow could he play the guitar.
Ringo did his thing and did it well.
These early albums were the groundwork for a tremendous beginning of what was to come.
They were the purest examples of great lyrics, music and timing.
on May 17, 2014
Between 2005 and 2008, they finally remastered with decent quality all the Beatles cds. Since a good share of the originals were MONO, not stereo at all, this makes for some major improvements over the George Martin 1986 masters (ack, I actually choke on relating the word masters to those earlier cd editions). From what I have read, surmised from facts gleaned from reading all the liner notes,ect., they did not have the four, eight or 16 track masters anymore. Mostly, they hammered out remasters gleaned out of the stereo master tapes themselves. Some of these (like the White Album) they took up to three years remastering. They obviously hired very, very good engineers this time which took their time using every trick in the book to de-compress, remove noise, expand dynamics, restructure stereo steering and what ever else seemed to work on fixing these tragically poor quality but excellent performance quality recordings of some historic note. I have back bought the collection to Hard Day's Night. The later cds are better. As you start to stroll though 1966 into 1965, you start to see the dynamics of the original older recordings fade drastically. So far, I'm afraid to back buy anything earlier than 1965. Overall, they all sound way better than my originals. Worth the money if you play them frequently and have a great system to be able to hear a large difference.
on February 3, 2013
The vinyl pressing is defective and of a very poor quality. There are too many scuffs, scratches, clicks and pops! It's really sad, when you consider there are pressing plants, in the world today, devoted to producing superior quality vinyl records. Clearly, EMI/Apple, for reasons unknown to me, have chosen a pressing plant with quality control issues. I am very disappointed with the overall quality of the vinyl. I can only hope EMI/Apple may produce a second run of pressings and team up with a pressing plant devoted to quality control. Maybe someone like R.T.I. or Mobile fidelity sound labs could take control of the pressings.
In the world of `Beatles Box sets' many editions and/or pressings have been produced down thru the years. In my collection, I happen to own (1) the 1978 Parlophone Beatles BC 13 Blue box set, and (2) the 1982 Mobile Fidelity/EMI box set pressed by the Victor company in Japan on virgin vinyl. If I were to put aside all questions, comments, criticisms and/or debates regarding the mastering of the recordings, and merely focus on the quality of the vinyl. Well, it's easy... The 1982 vinyl pressings are clearly the gold standard. The 1978 pressings come in at second place. And the new 2012 pressings are dead last.. Again, I can only hope EMI/ Apple might consider a second run of pressings with a manufacturer devoted to superior audiophile quality.
on May 15, 2017
Gave it to my 8 year old grandson! He likes it better then the modern music he used to listen to. Loves to dance to it! Drives my Daughter-in-Law crazy, (she likes dance the music).
on March 31, 2013
I bought three of the new digitally mastered Beatles albums, and this one was a disappointment. The music, of course, is great, but the quality of the recording is by no means good. The other two albums, Abbey Road and Magical Mystery Tour, are excellent. I have a better than average audio system, and recording and/or processing issues stand out I would suggest getting an original copy off the internet, as many original vinyls are becoming available everyday.