Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Albums STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

A Haunted House
Format: DVD|Change

on August 31, 2015
This movie was funny and entertaining to me...im glad I gave it a chance instead of going by other people's opinions of it. Oscar material, no but funny none the less. Marlon Wayans has really branched out from the family and is doing his thing. If u love Marlon, check this out.
on February 9, 2017
I laughed so hard I had tears rolling down my eyes. Now I can't watch other comedies because they don't live up to this. This movie set the bar pretty high. I guess everyone has a different sense of humor in regards to those who didn't find this movie funny but to me I found it hilarious. The sex scenes? Lmbo, Hahahahaha... too funny!! The 2nd one is even funnier but I'll save that review for A Haunted House 2.
on June 25, 2017
unfunny
on July 13, 2017
To this day I laugh so hard I cry at this movie. Even. Watching 10 times over
on May 2, 2013
Unfortunately, this movie was one of those that showed every funny part in the trailer. I like the Wayans, I like parodies, I like the stupid slap-stick comedies that go along with these types of movies.. but there was very little to enjoy here.

Other than being boring, it tended to imitate the original movies too closely (mostly the paranormal activity), to the point that some of the scenes were scary and/or too serious. I also didn't enjoy the constant use of the 'home-movie' style that they used; I know that was the point, but it didn't lend anything extra. Scenes were too quiet, the actors were too few and spread too thinly. Besides a few ending sequences where they bring the entire cast together, you are watching the two main characters talk, argue, and attempt to interject humor into the dull environment.

Don't waste your time, unless you think $4 is worth a few bemused chuckles.
on November 1, 2015
This parody of Paranormal is entertaining if you like silly and scatological humor. I especially liked the first 30 minutes of the movie. The funny take on why and how the girlfriend was possessed kept my attention. After that, the lewd humor went on just a bit too long and it was too graphic for my taste. Not that I stopped watching. I just had to see how it was going to turn out. If you are a paranormal fan, this film is worth watching just to get a fun break from the horror. Seeing it once is more than enough, though.
on April 25, 2013
As other reviewers have noted, I do not feel that this raunchy little para-parody is appropriate as a family film.

With that said, if you're like me and have a bawdy, raunchy sense of humor then you will find this film was hilarious. The Hangover is still my favorite comedy, but I have to tell you that there were more than a couple of moments in this film where we had to catch our breath from laughing so hard. So, I really don't care what the critics or rotten tomatoes say about this film. When a movie can make me laugh that hard, there's something to that. Even if it all boils down to my own twisted sense of humor.

Keep in mind that it starts up a little slow, but so did the original Paranormal Activity. Once it started going, the laughs just kept coming. OMG- the bedroom night scenes were the funniest ever!!!
on July 25, 2014
I really have to say this movie sucked!! I thought it was going to be great with all who is in it but it really sucked!! I was bored with the conversations everyone was having, mostly about sex & sex is only funny for so long!! I also found it weird that they were scared & then they were OK & then at the end they were angry with the ghost!! The dog dying sucked because I hate for animals to die, & there wasn't many funny parts, to long a wait between funny parts too!! Maybe I'm to old, but I just think they should have tried better & I know they are talented people!! This is not up to the standards of Marlon Wayans or the rest of the cast!!
on July 9, 2013
I've been a big fan of the Wayan brothers since "In Living Color" was on TV. Let's face it, some major stars came out of that show (Jim Carey, Jamie Fox, Jennifer lopez). It just follows that anything Wayan I have to watch. This was a very watchable send up of horror movies that use the" "video camera to catch the problem" effect in the style of Paranormal Activity. Only this movie is from a Wayan perspective and quite funny. It's definitely a good movie to watch on a slow Saturday night.
on August 26, 2017
Anything Wayans is funny.