Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

A.M. Yoga for Your Week
Format: DVD|Change

on October 11, 2013
-Has 5 different 20 minute practices.
-Each practice has a specific focus: standing poses, twists, backbends, foreward bends, and hip openers.
-The practices are great for beginner/advanced beginner and intermediate yogis. The poses can be modified for different fitness levels.
-Each practice is well-rounded with thorough warm up time and shavasana/meditation at the end of each practice.
-The flow from one pose to the next is very well choreographed with little in between pose movement.
-The music is PERFECT! This yoga DVD has the most relaxing and inspiring music I have heard on a yoga DVD.
-The setting is stunning. The atmosphere of the wide open desert is breathtaking, awe-inspiring and the perfect thing to wake up to! I feel so inspired doing yoga with this scenery, I feel like I am there in the wide open spaces.
-Rodney Yee gives excellent and highly detailed direction.
-I have had this DVD for about a year and I still use it nearly everyday. I don't always use it in the morning, the practices are good for any time of day. The point is I love it so much I am STILL not tired of it! I have a whole stack of yoga DVDs and this is one that I continue to use very frequently while others just collect dust.
-Rodney gives excellent guided meditations at the end of each practice. Each meditation is different and relates to the specific practice.

-Sometimes Rodney's instructions are so detailed that I am not sure what he means. How do I "release my muscles away from the bone"? Not sure what he means by that.
on April 25, 2012
I've had this DVD for awhile and never written a review for Amazon. I felt this deserves my first review. This is a great teaching tool for anyone wanting or needing to get into yoga.
I was in martial arts for 30 years. You would think a martial artist wouldn't need yoga- WRONG! I was tight in my hips and low back.I have knee, hamstring and shoulder problems all stemming from years of abuse, accidents, and the "I'll never die" syndrom. Yoga has helped in all these. I have tried some other peoples' DVD's and keep coming back to Rodney Yee.
Although Rodney has longer DVD's I like the 20 minute sessions in the morning. They help the day get off to a good start. They will show you your weak areas and bound up areas. Rodney talks you through the moves in a calm, never hurried way. After doing them a few times, you don't even have to watch it. Just listen to him and the calm background music.
The only thing that would have helped me more is doing yoga sooner in my life.
I would also suggest getting some knowledge about and purchasing a foam roller.
The two go hand in hand at my house.
EDIT- Apparently I was wrong on never having written a review. I forgot I wrote one for some speakers- duh- sorry.
on August 9, 2017
I love Rodney Yee AM Yoga. The CD is well done, simple, clear, concise, provides a robust workout/stretch and each AM Yoga segment is only about 10 Minutes. His voice while soothing commands attention, and the video is shot in a beautiful location. Once again, I actually look forward to getting up every day and doing Yoga with Rodney Yee.
Years ago, I misplaced my AM PM Yoga CD. I started using misc. Instructor/Vendor Yoga CD's on hand. Some were better than others, but none were great. Yoga became a chore, I lost interest and quit doing home Yoga altogether.
Last summer, someone mentioned Rodney YEE AM PM Yoga. My heart lept. I remembered how I enjoyed his CD. Rodney Yee AM Yoga is the perfect workout for me. I bought the original AM PM Yoga, and AM YOGA for Your Week. I look forward to doing this simple robust workout every day. Thank you Rodney Yee
on April 22, 2012
I love this DVD so much that I'm debating buying a second copy since I'm always annoyed when I'm at work and mine is at home or vice versa. Most of my DVDs that have multi workouts only have 2 or 3 at the most that I like. I really love 5 for 5 of these. I especially love the hip opener segment as I can't find any other short programs that focus on hip openers. I usually play this DVD at noon time at work when I don't have time for a class or a long workout but I can always grab 20-25 minutes. On the lucky days I get to do 2 for 45 minutes.

At home I generally will pick other longer and harder DVDs, but I still find I want this one whenever I'm in the mood for another 20 minutes of something specific like twists or standing poses or backbends or hip openers. I'd rate this DVD as advanced beginner or lower intermediate.

This is typical Rodney Yee -- beautiful scenery, his very soothing voice, no unnecessary chatter, good suggestions for improving the pose just a tad and very logical sequences on the poses. I love that I rarely even need to look at the screen now. I can just listen and know exactly what to do as his cueing is so excellent.

I wish I could find another teacher I like this much so I could buy all of his/her DVDs too. I think I have all but 2 of Yee's as I so love his style.
on October 3, 2016
This is the BEST DVD I have found for a quick but varied morning routine. There are 5 different,, self contained (ie warm up, yoga, meditation/relaxation), 20 minute options: Standing Poses, Forward Bends, Back Bends, Twists and Hips. It's just the perfect amount of time to get loose before work, and it uses simple poses so anyone can do it without breaking into a sweat and needing a shower. I can wake at 6 and be out the door before 7, fully awake and stretched. Can't recommend this enough!
on May 30, 2016
This is my go to yoga dvd. Though the yoga is not advanced, it is just enough sometimes. The dvd has 5 routines (standing, twists, backband, forward bend and hip openers). They each run about 20-25 minutes. Each routine has a specific focus. I do one of the routines at least once a day and not always in the AM. Sometime the evening is a perfect time to unwind your body from a busy day. Depending on how my body feels determines which routine I do. The routine's audio is a voice over. Rodney always looks so serene in the routines since he is not distracted by talking. My first dvd got a scratch so I ordered a replacement. Couldn't live without these routines.
on March 23, 2014
This is the person I watched where I made a breakthrough of improvements to my posture. I have done yoga for about a year and a half and then I found Rodney Yee. I work a factory job lifting on average 20-40lb bags to a belt and I would ache when I come home. I knew I did not lift correctly due to my entire life up to now of poor posture. So, the pain was disappearing because Rodney taught me how to carry myself correctly, no doctors or physical therapy needed. Truly amazing method and input, so easy to follow. The standing poses were some of the best things I can know. On top of all that, his personality is very earnest, and for me his voice is very familiar and comforting with the slight accent it is like my dad or uncle is talking to me, it just seems right to learn yoga from him ;)
on October 7, 2011
I had bought Rodney Yee's Yoga for beginners, and I was skeptical at first. It is perfect! I have a so much going on in my life (working full time, school part time, wedding planning, plus other misc. events) and I was looking for yoga that calmed my mind and my body that did not take forever to complete. Losing weight is the secondary benefit. I bought the A.M. yoga because there are 5 exercises on it, all focusing on different poses/exercises. All five are broken up so you can do different exercises on different days if you so choose, or all in one day. I am not very flexible (yet) but this really helps. After I do any one of these exercises I feel ready to take on the day and I can even fit this into my hectic schedule (no more than 25 minutes for any of them). The only thing I recommend is if you are new to yoga, research some of the poses first and find poses that you are able to do were you can get the most out of the workout without straining yourself. If you are looking to lose weight fast, I do not recommend this to you. Some of the poses are simple for a person who has been practicing yoga for quite sometime and is looking for a little more of a challenge. But if you are starting out, like me, and you are just looking for a little peace in your morning routine, this is something I would recommend to anybody.
on December 11, 2011
This is my 2nd Rodney Yee DVD. My intro to Yoga was P90X; like the results (3 years ongoing) and wanted to add more yoga to my routines for continued physical results (rebalancing a 50s body) and meditative qualities. But I don't always have time for another 80 minute program in the day. This is perfect in so many ways. 1-5 different routines, each focusing on a different aspect; 2-20 minutes; 3-ends with relaxation and meditation; 4-Great scenery and a QUIET ease into the day; 5-BEST of all Rodney's quiet, unobtrusive, guidance that is so specific-and clear-you get the nuances one would normally only receive one-on-one in a class. Guess I need to add a 6th-RESULTS. In only a couple weeks several of my specific areas of physical concerns are being addressed, improving my body movement in daily and leisure (equestrian) activites. I have 3 other yoga DVDs but he's by far my favorite. Amazon has a price better than the manufacturer's site offers.
on December 18, 2017
I like Rodney yee videos but the introduction can't be skipped through. This personally takes too much time from my morning routine where every minute counts. I tend to use other morning yoga videos where it goes straight to the root menu and i can choose which segment