Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 116 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 206 reviews
on August 17, 2016
This is a Vin Diesel classic. It's a shoot em' up style flick with a great amount of action. The plot, while not incredibly original, is still good enough to hold your attention. If you like movies like Man on Fire with Denzel Washington or Training Day, then A Man Apart is sure to be a solid choice for you. I've held back on giving it 5 stars only because the ending was a little weak (in my opinion). I wouldn't want that to dissuade anyone from giving this movie a shot though.
on February 4, 2017
This is a great movie. I have this movie on DVD. My DVD's are all stored in tubs in a extra room in our house though. This is one movie that I had forgotten. I came across it doing some Web surfing. As soon as I did I went straight to Amazon knowing that if I was going to find it that I would there. I love buying these great movies such as this on Amazon. Then when I'm in bed and watching TV and want to watch a good movie when there's none on I just turn on my Amazon. I keep a lot of good movies in my Amazon library. Then I can watch them in HD without ever getting up out of bed. I'm also a Prime Member so I have a big selection of movies to watch for free as a Prime Member. Newer than the selection of Netflix which I'm also a member. A Man Apart is one of those movies you can watch over and over. A good story with drama, excitement.
on May 8, 2017
.... Vin Diesel .. in his 40's ... still looking great & delivering believable lines ... a great action/drama film ... depicting the never ending war on drugs ... a situation that exist because of the uncontainable consumers among Developed nations ... an ironic reality ... that places my country in not always a dignifying way in american films ... but the truth is that we are more than drug supliers .
on April 22, 2017
Good action movie not the greatest acting but for Vin Diesel actually not bad. Movie flows good and the ending is a nice got you
on March 7, 2015
This movie is Vin at his best, talk about a difference after watching "The Pacifier" I do really love seeing him in both kinds of roles, and I believe he managed that better than several similar ones by other actors I have seen in the past. Sure looks like a real love in his interactions with those children. I feel that Vin Diesel is a much bigger and better talent that 90% of the audience and/or critics know. Hope he never gets tired of acting, it would be a major loss to the industry.
on March 13, 2017
One of Vin Diesels best action movies outside of the FF franchise.
on April 24, 2017
Young Vin Diesel!! Interesting movie
on September 6, 2003
A Man Apart is a story of revenge. Vin Diesel plays Sean Vetter, a DEA cop filled with anger over the murder of his wife. Before the murder, he was quite mellow. Afterwards, he takes up drinking and smoking. He grows a beard. He leaves his home untouched with the bloody murder scene intact. He is unable to function on the job without his emotions getting in the way. He beats to death a suspect who claims to be involved in his wife's murder. This started a gun fight in which 3 police were killed. Sean�s error was covered up by his partner Demetrius. Sean had his badge taken away and was ordered to take leave and return in 6 months for a psych evaluation. He uses that time to find 'Diablo', the drug lord behind the murder of his wife.
Following tips from the captured former drug lord, Memo, (who Sean and Demetrius, hunted for 7 years) Diablo is sought. With help from their friend Sexy, they follow the trail of money and cocaine from the small time drug dealer in the street to the palace of the drug lord, where Diablo is killed.
Memo was behind it all. He escaped from prison to reclaim his position as the ruling drug lord in Mexico. Sean and Demetrius use their previous knowledge and skills to recapture him in Mexico.
This movie is not as confusing as the critics made it out to be. The only problem is that in the beginning when the agents talk before storming Memo's club, Sean mentions entering the club unarmed. But, they go in and shoot up the place. This seems to be an obvious script error unless it meant that the agents didn't have enough fire power, or they were just joking. An extra 10 minutes could have been used to explore more of the villain's manipulation of American law enforcement. The deceit and callousness could have been better exposed. That would have fully justified the last confrontation and arrest when Sean says the same thing that was said to him when he asked Memo if he killed his wife.
Vin Diesel's performance as Sean Vetter was deep, passionate and effective. There was a good range of emotion shown from happiness to deep anguish. I have no complaints about Larenz Tate�s acting. His presence enhances the believability of story. I only wish this were a more entertaining movie. It was not a bad story. I wish there was something to break the seriousness; maybe a little more humour.
on November 15, 2015
on April 10, 2017
I don't think Vin Diesel has ever been in a bad movie yet.