Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Dot Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

A Stir of Echoes
Format: Paperback|Change

on June 23, 2017
I saw the movie and I still was in suspense while reading it. One of the best authors I have read.
on November 16, 2016
Well written and flows well. Slightly dated but this does not detract from the story. The movie based on this book is also very good and is more current. Enjoyed both. Very good author
on June 5, 2017
But picks up speed until the end. With a twist I actually missed. Good read for late nights in the dark.
on October 16, 2014
Easy to read no frills yarn, upon which the supernatural thriller movie of the same name is loosely based. I love love love the movie, staring Kevin Bacon, Katherine Erbe, Illeana Douglas! Alas,one can only watch the same movie so many times in a year,...then it just starts getting weird... So I decided to check out the book. I have noticed that most of the time if a screenplay adaptation is good, I will like the original work from whence it sprang... ( H-E-L-L-O? Can you say The Walking Dead???!) There are ALWAYS differences between the original and the adaptation, so that keeps my interest up. Since, IMO, the movie is totally awesome in every way, then I find it fascinating to see how, or in what ways, the book was, and wasn't, changed up! Matheson was ahead of his time: this book came out in the 50's, and I believe the book shows that he had a more of a 21rst century understanding of "the other side." So it still will hold your interest and definitely worth a read if you like the supernatural.
on January 15, 2017
I am a big fan of Matheson. This is a good one.
on November 28, 2014
This was a wonderful book with a surprise ending. A man allows his brother in law to hypnotize him awakening his latent psychic abilities that he inherited. Great read. Will keep your attention and then some!
on January 2, 2013
I hadn't realized that the move of the similar title was at first a book. I had always loved the movie and when I found that the store came from a book I had to have it.

I'm pleased to say that the book is as great as the movie. There are differences and those differences allow one to enjoy both the book and the movie.
on January 3, 2017
Very well-written. Great story
on May 2, 2015
The movie had most of the elements, but this is the complete full real thing! A master working at the top of his form. He writes like Stephen King only can wish.
on July 27, 2013
Quick can be good and in this case it was. Tame by today's standards, but tension is maintained and that is the key to success in this genre. Plot is interesting, though I never cared much about the characters. All in all, not a bad way to spend a couple of hours.