Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 26 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 29 reviews
on March 18, 2014
I really love this set of DVDs on the planets! I learned things I never knew before about both our closest neighbors in the Milky Way and about unmanned missions to every planet. One of the coolest things about the programs is that they contain actual footage from rovers and robots that actually landed on some of the planets! Watching these programs restored my sense of wonder at the universe and the possibilities of space travel. The show is appropriate for all age levels and would be a great resource for educators. It would be an excellent addition to any library. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to learn more about our neighbors in the solar system!
on June 1, 2015
Bought this for my nephew last Christmas along with a Wonders of the Cosmos set. It was in great condition, and the seller was extremely helpful, answering my questions prior to purchase. Worth the $$, and my nephew, who is turning 7, is now a self taught expert on the planets in our solar system. It opens up a lot of conversation for us, and the desire to get more books and scienc-y videos for him. These videos are easy to understand without being "idiot" level, and cover a ton of details. I am always impression with NG, and this is just another example of a great series.
on October 28, 2016
This is an excellent tour and detailed analysis of our solar system's planets. I love the striking HD clarity and CG imagery. If you're curious in knowing about the planets like I am, this 2-disc Blu-ray set is the one to get...YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!!!
on February 1, 2011
I have seen many science shows on the planets, but this is one of the best. Excellent narration, really great computer animation, and easy-to-understand interviews with astronomers who really enjoy their work and area of expertise. A lot of them are women, which I think is a great inspiration to young girls who want to grow up and study the universe. A+
on June 2, 2015
Very much worth your time for the whole family. Fascinating, beautiful, educational.
on December 16, 2012
I would love to see more, perhaps a series going into greater detail. The artist conceptions and visual images are incredibly beautiful - makes you feel as if you are really there.
on May 17, 2014
We got this for our son who is home-schooled, and the whole family loved the concept that National Geographic used--like a travel channel special, features on each planet that a "tourist" would be interested in seeing. There were a few extras as well: a guide to Black Holes. My son learned a lot and loved this portion of his Earth Science curriculum.
on November 17, 2012
Very well done synopsis on our planets. Anything from National Geographic is tops for me. And this collection is no exception. Science, very well done, entertaining on many levels. The visuals are exceptional. 2 thumbs up.
on December 17, 2016
The videos are incredible-I felt as if I were traveling through the universe and on or near the planets of our solar system.
on May 22, 2013
This is a very fast paced movie and very enjoyable! My students didn't complain at all on watching it, and the information married well with my textbook and PowerPoints.