Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 321 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 389 reviews
on September 4, 2015
My kids LOVE this movie and frankly it's done well enough that I actually don't mind repetitive viewings.

There are people saying this is a no go of a film for sensitive kids. My 5 yo is VERY sensitive, but all we needed to do was pause the movie and talk about it a little and then it was fine. There is peril in the ocean for many critters and I think this movie handles it well for the younger set. We opted for this over Nemo because I knew my kids would have nightmares about the big grinning shark (sharks in Turtle Tale were a little scary but not as bad as Nemo or Reef).

To the people saying that this film is trying to indoctrinate kids about evil humans and Green Peace...remember that this movie is told in flashback from the viewpoint of a 50 year old turtle. He isn't throwing propaganda, he's simply remembering the details of his experience through the decades when many of us humans used to think nothing of dumping all manner of stuff in the ocean and other groups of us were fairly militant about protecting our natural resources. It's Sammy turtle's life experience and history through his eyes. And it's not a bad thing to show our kids the mistakes we've made with our planet and help them see te benefit of trying to keep it clean.
on April 26, 2016
We love this movie! My son has watched it 100 times he repeat all the words to it. I love this movie from a parent perspective. I feel like it's got some great aspects to it. Relationships and environmental care. The oil spill was something we were able to talk about and research further. He learned a lot about recycling and how to keep our environment clean so that the next generation can enjoy the beauty our earth has to offer. We talk about friendships and even though people leave you stay friends and can reunite. This isn't one of those annoying kids movie either I enjoy watching it with my kids and talking to them about different parts of the movie. The music in it is great too I really enjoy all the songs and we sing them regularly. If you are thinking of purchasing this movie for you and your family you should do it. You won't be sorry it's really adorable!
on March 21, 2017
Really sweet story. My daughter has loved this film since she was three, and she's now seven. Exciting enough for older kids, but gentle enough for very young children — it's a great choice if you have kids of various ages all watching together.
on March 28, 2017
I purchased these movies for my nephews and they absolutely love them. I definitely recommend them.
VINE VOICEon October 6, 2012
A Turtle's Tale: Sammy's Adventures DVD. My grand kids love this movie, age 2,4 and 6 and have watched it several times already and want to watch it more. It is a great movie to teach the kids to care for their environment and the sea life. They now have a greater understanding of why we don't throw trash on the ground or in the water. Colorful and good music too.
on December 24, 2014
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie. Love the colors and I love turtles. Love the "bff" storyline. I can't watch it enough. Lol. I'm 41. Hahaha. I would suggest it to any person who loves turtles and anyone who needs a "Happy" movie to keep in their collection.
on August 10, 2016
This is my 2 year old nephew's favorite movie. He's pretty much wanted to watch it every morning over the last year. It tackles some good environmental issues in a subtitle way, which is good and may stick with kids as they grow up. It's just a nice, fun adventure movie for kids. As an adult I have no problem watching it over and over with my nephew. It's much less stressful than Finding Nemo. So in light of all that, 5 stars.
on May 21, 2017
Grandson loves this movie! He is 2 yrs old and has watched it over and over!
on April 17, 2017
Very nice 3D movie for kids with amazing picture quality.
on April 10, 2017
Very cute movie. No wrong attitudes! Yes!!!