Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 28, 2017
I love this movie. The message is incredible and although it is definitely sad, it leaves you feeling uplifted. My only concern is that there is a lot of swearing in it for being rated PG. Because of the rating, I didn't give a second thought about showing the movie to my kids. But, there was definitely more swearing than I want my little ones being exposed to. Just a word of caution. But, other than than, fantastic movie!
0Comment|Report abuse
I love movies that speak to something deeper inside of me. This impulse often overrides “critical acclaim” or what those in film schools teach is a great film. With this said, I loved A Walk to Remember despite it’s reputation as a chick flick. There was something powerful in the character of Jaime to have such a strong faith and belief that there was something amazing inside Landon when even the viewer wasn’t given a reason to find Landon particularly likeable. Then your swept alone in this very sweet romantic story that in parts reeks of cheese.

Then we learn that she has cancer which almost took the breath from my body. That wasn’t how the story was supposed to go, they are supposed to be together forever, live happily, and have fifty four children. But sometimes forever is a very short time. But maybe it really is what you leave behind you when you go because Landon emerges a changed man from having known Jaime for those brief months because she dared to believe in him. A very powerful message about the force that love and faith can have on people.

The one thing that I felt was not played up as much as I might have expected was the whole different cliques can their relationship survive angle. Minus a few scenes that didn’t seem to play the role I expected. It wasn’t like anybody tried to sabotage the relationship, which might have been expected, but that might’ve been secondary to what seems to be the central message of the story about the power of faith and love.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on May 21, 2013
This movie is definitely a tear jerker (gets me every time!), and has a wonderful message about self-discovery and self-improvement, as well as becoming more self-less. It's about true, pure love that goes deeper than most high school romances. It's a classic and a super cute story!

The only reason I'm not giving it a 5 star rating is because I was surprised by all of the explicitly sexual references in the beginning of the movie that I naively didn't notice the first time I watched it when I was much younger. (Spoiler alert: the friend, when helping him out with his lines, physically acts out having sex with the drama teacher by hip thrusting a bench, basically). It also swears a lot during the beginning of the film. On the other hand, this can also be used to show just how much the main character really does change. By the end of the film I don't recall hearing any swearing anymore, and the love they share is very pure and clean. Definitely a great overall message, but also a sketchy scene to watch out for.
on June 28, 2015
I loved this movie!! It was funny, meaningful, romantic, and tearful. I cried a lot, but it was all happy tears. The romance was so sweet and beautiful. There was nothing wrong with it. Landon was awesome! His devopment from being a lazy jerk to a smart sweet boy. I loved Jamie too. I liked how caring and certain she was. She didn't care what people thought about her. The theme and meaning were beautiful. Even though it ends sad, it leaves you happy. I loved it!
on July 24, 2013
In short: *****spoilers****** Bad boy is running with preppy popular kids and getting into usual peer presure trouble and making youth mistakes. Get's in trouble and is forced to spend time with Christian girl.. In short order Girl inspires boy to be a better person. Couple falls in love, Then tradgedy strikes and death seperates them.. The title of the movie says it all, its the Walk these two take together that changes the boys life forever.

With that said, its extremely predictable and very, very sappy.. and still a great story, When Mandy Moore sings in this movie its just amazing.. my hair is standing up just thinking about that sceen in the school play. I rated this movie 4 stars due to its "tv-movie" ish-ness. It doesnt watch like a major motion picture, it watches like a lifetime movie special.. with just a little better filming and just a tad better writing especially in some scenes this movie would have been so much better. It was good, coulda been great.
on April 19, 2014
If you have doubts about this movie let me tell you i did too. I have hit the replay button more than i can count this past week and i am very glad i watched it. Its a story about how a shy girl changes a boys life. The boy comes from being a jerk to one of the nicest people you would ever know. The story is written perfectly and i was shocked and left with tears at the end. It is a romance story with a twist,and is sad yet perfect in its way. It is a classic you must see.
3 helpful votes
on August 15, 2014
I don't even know how many times I've seen this movie, but I never get tired of it. Landon Carter is the perfect hero and the perfect boyfriend and even though it doesn't have the happily-ever-after I almost always want in a movie or story, I'm still smiling and glad I watched it at the end. The love story is just that amazing. If you've never seen it, I highly recommend it. It's that good ... and good enough that I'm tired of wearing out copies. I just bought the instant video version, so Amazon better never go out of business. :D
on January 25, 2016
This movie is great. A true love story that depicts what true love is really about. You will need a box of tissue when you watch this movie, it is definitely a tear jerker. The actors in this move do a great job and make this love story seem very realistic. This movie is so great that I have watched it more than three times. I absolutely love the music that is played throughout the movie it just makes it that much better to watch. Mandy Moore does an excellent job singing in this movie.
on June 3, 2017
This is a tear jerking movie. But I like because I'm a romantic.
on December 7, 2013
Good story about teens - seniors in H.S.- who meet and gradually fall in love. Story is elevated in poinancy and intensity when one of the teens reveals that they are dying of leukemia. Nice script- Many Moore and Shane West as actors make one want to keep watching. One might say that the two teens initially come "from "different sides of the track"- but, really neither, in my opinion, give the impression that they are that far removed from being an average teen. Sure, M.M. is into religion and not that into "being cool" wheras Shane West is all about "being cool" and being "in"- but the fact that they fall for each other eventually shows that they are not thst far apart in values initially. But u may need a tissue or two at the end!!