Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: A Warrior's Heart
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

Format: DVD|Change

on January 26, 2013
I didn't expect to like this movie a whole lot, but I really enjoyed it. I liked seeing Kellan Lutz and Ashley Greene outside of their Twilight characters. The movie was heartfelt without being too cheesy. Okay, maybe some moments were a bit cheesy, but any good movie can make it work, and this works. I'm looking forward to watching it again.
on December 27, 2011
"It's funny what you notice the first time you see someone, confidence, a nice smile, a little connection. What you don't see, what's impossible to know at first glance is everything else. At least everything that counts." Conor Sullivan (Lutz) is the best Lacross player on his team. The only problem is he is cocky and not a team player. When his dad is transfered across the country Conor has to start all over to make the team and prove that he is a team player. This movie is not terrible, but very cheesy and extremely predictable. Much like the recent faith-based movies all the problems in this movie seemed to be solved way to easy. To me a movie without a real push back against the lead actor seems boring and too cookie cutter like. While I can't really say anything bad about this movie because I did like it, I can't really say anything really good about it either because ten minutes in I could tell how it would end. That makes a movie boring to me. Overall, not a bad movie and if you like this kind of thing you will really enjoy it. I give it a B-.
on January 11, 2012
Even though Kellan plays the main character of the story, Ashley is the one narrating and it adds another layer to the story coming from her point of view. I can honestly say I cried multiple times throughout. Kellan is brilliant and proves he is leading man material. He takes you through the journey of becoming the man he is meant to be and you can't help but root for him. When Kellan cries, it is so moving, you can feel his pain. Even if his portrayal doesn't get you crying (and it should its that good) the music will. The song selection is spot on and really lets you know what the producers want you to feel. There is a great moment between Kellan and Ashley in a car that is just so moving, the connection between the two is magnetic. When the two of them have a scene together the chemistry is powerful and translates on screen well. While Kellan pulls off the more serious parts we still get to see his fun loving side and hear some great wise cracks that we are all used to. Plus you do get to see him shirtless at some points which is never bad lol. The ending was perfect and the last image was breath taking in my opinion. There are a few twists that I didn't see coming (I am pretty good at guessing twists) that gave more of a background to the story as a whole. I guess what I am trying to say is if you are looking for a good heartfelt movie, or if you are just fan of Ashley or Kellan's, this is a must see.
on January 7, 2013
this film is a must-see for twihard's, romance lovers or fans of Kellan and Ashley. with a brilliant storyline about finding who you really are, your own strengths and weaknesses, life and true love and an amazing cast. this film is a favourite of mine and am having to stick with a very blurry copy on YouTube as I can not find this film anywhere in the UK. can't wait to see more of both Kellan and Ashley.xx
on December 19, 2011
This movie was really good. I only knew Kellan Lutz and Ashley Greene from "Twilight" so to see them as totally different characters in the same movie was pretty impressive. The movie was very moving. I say see it.
on February 22, 2013
A nice film that tells many stories, which all rely on courage, strength, self cultivation, self discipline and letting go of self indulgence. There are a lot of fluffy films set in schools, set in military schools, set in prep schools, but this film wants to navigate past most stereotypes to try to get to the core of how does a person in pain get in touch with their pain enough to grow. There are many key points made throughout in this film through the characters choices, and circumstances the characters are placed in. The film does not hammer the viewer over the heard with historical stereotypes, but tries to find a middle ground for personal growth of everyone concerned in the story. I would like to see more of Adam Beach's story, more of his character's background and strength full purpose in the telling of this story. I would like to see more history of lacrosse as sacred play for healing and character building. With all the points the story tellers wanted to touch on, and get across, they did a good job of not losing sight of one main story -which could have gotten splintered into quite a few stories. Thank you for making this film.
on September 11, 2013
This is a very nice family movie. I watched it on TV and then ordered it and gave it as a present to my son and his wife. It's time that movies get back to entertaining families and not the high speed chases, shoot em up, cursing, like so many movies are today.
on June 28, 2013
Pretty predictable story but it is entertaining. Dabs into a little history and significance of the sport which is nice. It and "Broken Arrows" are about the only halfway decent movies dealing with lacrosse.
on March 28, 2016
It was a good story line. However it moved a little slow. We had watched crooked arrows (which is a phenomenal lacrosse movie for at least the 6th time ) and was looking for another lacrosse movie. That's how we came across this one.
on February 12, 2013
I saw an advertisement on a cable channel while visiting my Mom, however; I didn't have that channel so I ordered the movie. It's a wonderful story and very well portrayed. I would recommend this to anyone (mostly girls, it's a "chick flick!")