Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: A Wind Turbine Recipe Book
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on January 26, 2011
I've been wanting to buy the paper version of this book for a while. I almost purchased this Kindle version (at a considerable discount), but in looking at the sample I see that it is the metric edition. If you are in the US, you might want the inches version. See the author's website for more discussion of the two versions.
on December 5, 2010
Very thoroughly composed with incredibly clear directions and diagrams. This book explains how to wire the stator, how to place the magnets of the rotor, how to build the blades, how to do everyting. You really do not need any other resource-Piggott is truely an expert with tons of practical advice. I'm using this book to build a demonstration alternator for my students.
on April 5, 2011
This book has everything you ever wanted to know about how to design and make your own wind turbine from scratch. That says it all.
on February 20, 2013
It is a good book for those who don't know much about electricity and also for those who do. I am an electrician by trade and found this book takes me back to the things I had long forgotten from my apprenticeship days when we would wind our own motors and such for lab work and experiments. I hope to build a small wind turbine this spring and I will use the info in this book as a guide.
on November 28, 2012
I have been familiar with the wind turbine recipe book for a number of years. This book is ideal for anyone who is interested in wind turbines, even if you never envisage yourself building one, you will learn so much from all the information supplied in the book which contains the experiences and advice from Hugh Piggott, who has been involved with small (domestic) wind turbines for over thirty years. I think this would be a great gift idea for the wind turbine enthusiast in your life.
I have a paper version of the book because I am often involved in turbine building projects however I find this kindle version to be very handy as I usually have my laptop or tablet with me and can access the book if someone asks for advice on a particular part of their own project I can access the information for them handily.
on January 22, 2014
The author did a good job organizing the text into an understandable book. My only problem with the book is that is is pretty narrowly focused on one method of building a wind turbine. Some of the steps require welding. If you're like me - a big DIY'er but not a welder - you may want to skip this. There's plenty of good info on the internet concerning DIY wind power. ...and couldn't they have found a more interesting picture for the cover?
on October 20, 2013
The author tells you what size turbine you need in order to get the amount of power you wish to produce. He tells you what size wire to use and how many turns to put in each coil to achieve what ever voltage you want to produce. He tells you how many coils and how many magnets you need for each size turbine. The book gives step by step instructions for building each part and for putting the parts together. The book gives you diagrams and measurements for each part of six different sizes of wind turbines. If you live in the united states, be sure you buy the English Units Edition.
on November 10, 2014
Since we are of grid, this is a must add for the library. Technology has come forward, techniques have improved but Hugh is a platform of awesome information. Many Axial Flux styles are now out there, but to understand them, you need the recipe book!
on June 11, 2014
I really enjoyed reading this book, even though I only understood about 3/4 of it on the first read, it has everything I will need to make a decision on what wind mill to build. He has compiled the exact parts for his recipes which will take the guess work out of what to get for which wind mill you would want to build as well as all the formulas to use if you wanted to alter one of his recipes.

Who would benefit from this book? I would think anyone who wanted detailed information on wind turbines as well as maybe wanting to build your own some day. I bought the book because I could not find all this information in one place for the exact parts I would need to build a certain power turbine.

I have not found a better source yet for detailed information.
on May 13, 2012
There is a lot of information (and misinformation) on the Web about building a wind turbine. This detailed, step-by-step guide with easy-to-interpret drawings of a proven design is the best that I have seen. It will help even a novice avoid the pitfalls of a bad design.