Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Plastic Comb|Change

Showing 1-10 of 336 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 371 reviews
on October 10, 2011
I had to buy this book for my English class this year, and when I first bought it I only thought about how much I could sell it for when the years over. Now that I've read some of it I am NEVER selling it. This book is a bible for anything writing related. It has everything from the absolute have-to-haves like MLA format, to how to make your paper just overall sound better. I'll definitely use this book for the rest of my college experience.
22 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2014
I have finished all my general studies, but this is a great book to have after school is over. This is especially true in today's age of internet / e-mail reading and writing, for professional or personal use. And of course, my writing isn't perfect and there's probably over 1,000 things wrong with what I'm writing now, but the reference book is there in case I wanted to correct everything. =)
on December 11, 2012
This is the book you need to help you become a good writer. If you struggle with the subject of English get this book to keep as a reference.
on January 7, 2016
This book focuses on how to use proper grammar, and how to use the different styles of writing to create good essays. I purchased the used one and it just has normal wear and tear. I think this is a great learning tool.
on March 12, 2013
I'm using this book for my research papers - MLA style. I simply could not function without it. It's the difference between spending multiple hours on the internet looking up how to cite different resources and flipping to a page.
I bought the spiral bound version and recommend it because of the multiple times you will be flipping pages and needing to leave it open while you work on your paper.
on September 3, 2017
This was required material for a college course and served its purpose.
on August 27, 2017
bought, had a problem and they refunded the money no problem!
on November 14, 2016
I wasn't expecting the book to have some notes or highlights in it, but it was the book I needed. The notes actually helped me a little. This book is a must have for an English or writing class, even if it's not required. I highly recommend this book. It's perfect for anyone who may need writing advice, (grammatically, punctuation or format styles, ect.)
on September 12, 2017
Has all the information needed
on November 19, 2015
This is a MUST have for anyone taking an English, literature or Writing course of any kind. Honestly I wish we could force people to read this book.