Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now Ellen

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 19, 2010, 5:20:25 PM PST
I have some ideas for another Story in the Harry Potter series. Why not have a book based on Harrys Parents when they were growing up. Then have one based when they were going to the school. Then have one on when all the stuff happened to Harry. I think there could be at least a few books based on those ideas. What ideas do you have for a new Harry Potter book?

Posted on Feb 5, 2010, 1:44:48 PM PST
There is a site called FanFiction.com where people can write their own extensions to the original story. Rowling doesn't object as long as the fans don't try to make money off of it. There are thousands of stories there (literally) and the quality varies from terrible to excellent. A friend of mine contributed two stories about Harry's parents.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2010, 4:57:29 PM PST
Thanks!!!!

Posted on Feb 10, 2010, 3:34:37 PM PST
Sounds like an interesting idea. Although the "prequel" idea turned out to be terrible for Star Wars but I think that was more because the scripts were just awful, not that the idea itself can't work.

Posted on Feb 16, 2010, 7:52:18 PM PST
Theo Canius says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Feb 17, 2010, 1:51:13 PM PST
J. Sheer says:
how about just let JK freaking Rowling do it and stop wasting peoples time on amazon? im sure she will make a prelude on harrys parents but nothing is planned now

Posted on Apr 4, 2010, 10:25:53 PM PDT
Chet Fakir says:
Personally I'm not interested at all in Harry's parents. We know what happens to them, they fall in love, get married, have Harry and get killed by Voldemort. NOT interesting. I'm much more interested in what happens to Ron, Ginny, Hermione and Harry after Voldemort's defeat and their graduation from Hogwarts.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2010, 12:32:52 PM PDT
But, um. They don't graduate from Hogwarts. And if you read the last book, you know what happens to them. I DO hope someone takes the intiative to write up the 19 years between the end and the prologue, though.

Posted on Apr 13, 2010, 3:00:41 PM PDT
nycchic120 says:
Speaking of prequels, I'd love one on Voldemort. He was my favorite character and I would love to see his life story, and maybe even have him come back ehehe
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Jan 19, 2010
Latest post:  Apr 13, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about