Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports STEM
Customer Discussions > Magic Slays (Kate Daniels) forum

A snippet from the book

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 9, 2010 12:30:53 AM PST
EA Solinas says:
Enjoy!

http://www.ilona-andrews.com/2010/07/22/magic-slays-status-snippet/

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2010 6:58:11 PM PST
A. Vazquez says:
I always wait until I'm in absolute Ilona Andrews withdrawal before I read their sneak peaks. It helps me get through the wait between books easier. I just read Curran Vol I last week (also on their website), so I'm not due for another snippet just yet. I'd say I'll check out your link around... oh March '11 or so. LOL

Thanks for the link!

Posted on Dec 26, 2010 11:19:44 AM PST
Caro U says:
holy crap. i just did a dramatic intake of breath when I saw Magic Slays in my line of recommendations. You two have to learn to type faster and get Kate & Curran to me quicker. <3

Posted on Mar 8, 2011 9:31:14 AM PST
The first three chapters are up on her website. I, of course, have no self- control and read them all, but sort of wished I hadn't. Don't get me wrong, they're AWESOME but now it's three chapters less of "new" stuff I get to read when the book comes out... Maybe they should just post more scenes that didn't make it into the book. =)

Posted on Dec 26, 2011 1:20:01 PM PST
D. Politis says:
For Christmas, there is a brand new Kate Daniels novella available on Ilona Andrews website. It is around 96 pages and features Kate and Curran. It is only going to be free and available for 2 weeks. She has it in a bunch of different formats, Adobe PDF, Kindle, Nook, and Adobe epub. It will be in print as a bonus extra at the end of Gunmetal Magic, Andrea's book being released in summer 2012. http://www.ilona-andrews.com/magic-gifts/

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 4:35:28 AM PST
Tammi says:
Best line from Magic Slays? As delivered by Curran, Curran, the lion-man:

"You're free to leave. Go home, kiss your wives, hug your children, and put your affairs in order, because tomorrow I will burn your neighborhood to the ground. We will kill you, your families, your neighbors, your pets, and anyone who will stand in our path. An attack on my family will not go unpunished."

Rwwwwwoarrrrrr!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 12:16:50 PM PDT
I'm rereading Magic Bleeds right now and naturally next is Magic Slays but you're right this is one of the best lines from Magic Slays. After he said it I felt a chill down my spine and thought Curran was even hotter/sexier whatever than before...One of my favorite scenes however is when the druid dude was standing to close to Kate and Curran didn't like it..LOL

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2012 5:36:09 AM PDT
Tammi says:
Yep, I agree. I did enjoy it when the youthful Volhv promptly stepped back to avoid having the lion's share of his person dispensed with.

I read the statement Curran made to the older Volhvs to my husband to see what he thought. Of course he didn't think it was the best smack down he'd ever seen in print. However, in my household he is a well known hater of Curran and, thus, all rendered opinions on Curran must be dismissed.

It probably didn't help my cause when I squeed after reading the line to him.

Posted on May 23, 2012 5:53:36 AM PDT
I love the Kate/Curran interactions to so i sympathize and empathize with you there. I like at the core they haven't changed and even with some of their interactions things haven't changed. And you probably didn't help with the squee...LOL! Why is he a Curran hater?

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 11:38:47 AM PDT
Tammi says:
Oh, my husband hates me admiring any man--imaginary or otherwise. I can be surrounded by young buff male bods, and he wouldn't bat an eye. He knows I'm attracted to men from the inside of their heads out. If Curran has gotten into my head, then the lion's encroaching on my hubby's territory. He's managed to hate Roark (of the Eve Dallas series) too, for a while there.

Posted on May 23, 2012 12:59:58 PM PDT
Curran & Roarke are both yummy & wicked smart. I would also throw in Bones from Night Huntress because he fits to. Hot & smart are always big pluses in my opinion ...LOL!!!!

Posted on May 24, 2012 3:20:33 PM PDT
Tammi says:
I'll have to give the Night Huntress series a try then. I haven't been introduced to Bones yet.

Posted on May 25, 2012 9:35:07 AM PDT
You'll love Bones more than Cat in the Night Huntress series. Actually I couldn't stand Cat for the most part until the middle of book 3 and then I hated her for a little while in book 4 but then she won me over sorta by the end of book 4. Anywho I think you'll enjoy the series all in all.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 10:22:50 AM PDT
Tammi says:
How smexy are the NH books? I'd rather have more bite than Bone. Is it along the same lines as the KD series (i.e., slow buildup)?

Posted on May 29, 2012 5:12:23 AM PDT
Faster buildup, hotter scenes....Actually Bones is like the supernatural equivalent of Roarke only with more descriptive scenes

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 6:13:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 29, 2012 6:15:33 AM PDT
Tammi says:
Uhmm...on second thought. I like PNR, but I'm not that big a fan of the explicit sex scenes that are currently a part of this genre. I like the slow build-up. I like the weight of the relationship that develops prior to the act. I don't know if it's a function of having been married for so long, or what. I just enjoy the realism of relationships that begin on a foundation of more than just hot sex. I know my comment is begging for the does not "add to the discussion" button, but I'd be lying if I pretended otherwise.

I'll add the Night Huntress to my TBR, but it will probably be a while before I get to it (must be in mood for quick buildup). I appreciate the heads-up. I know you were being helpful with the info.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 7:49:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 29, 2012 10:29:53 AM PDT
I meant faster build up as in it took Kate & Curran 3 books to admit their feelings and 4 books to actually commit to them. With Bones & Cat it happens midway [maybe a little over midway] point for them to go there. But it's not overly explicit just more descriptive with the feelings & experiences happening to them. And there's also a 4-6 year jump between the events in book 1 & book 2. Their foundation is shaky in the beginning as with new couple and as time goes on in the books it solidifies but they are more sexually active then some couples in the PNR or UF worlds. Oh and to me the realist moment for this couple is Book 4, Chapter 17.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Dec 9, 2010
Latest post:  May 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Magic Slays (Kate Daniels)
Magic Slays (Kate Daniels) by Ilona Andrews (Mass Market Paperback - May 31, 2011)
4.8 out of 5 stars (416)