A. J. Lape is the author of the Darcy Walker Series which has stayed on Amazon's teen's mysteries and thrillers bestseller's lists since its debut in 2012. She lives in Cincinnati with her husband, two daughters, an ADD dog, a spoiled hamster, and an unapologetic and unrepentant addiction to Coca-Cola--plus a lifelong love affair with bacon she has no plans to sever. A graduate of Morehead State University with a Master's degree in Communications, she's a PI wannabe and daily stops crime through the fictional ADHD character of Darcy Walker. If the FBI ever checks her computer, she'll be wearing prison-orange due to the graphic and disgusting "wiki" articles she looks up...all in the name of career research, of course.
Find out more about A. J. at http://www.ajlape.com
Sign up for A. J.'s newsletter by visiting her homepage and selecting the JOIN MY NEWSLETTER tab.
Thirteen things you didn't know about A. J. Lape
AKA - Ada Miracle Lape
1. I can dislocate my left shoulder on command.
2. My favorite movie is It's a Wonderful Life...cry like a baby when George Bailey starts yelling, "I want to live again...I want to live again."
3. I hate clowns and chicken wings...not necessarily in that order.
4. I'm a notorious sleepwalker. It happens when I'm troubled. As far as I can tell, I always have my clothes on.
5. I had an academic scholarship. I know that's shocking, but looking at homework today, I'm pretty sure I'm tapped out at fifth grade.
6. I like to shoot 9mm guns...look out Target World, every once in a while you have to walk your inner-hillbilly.
7. I started running high school track when I was in the sixth grade. Don't ask me to run now. After two kids, I pee my pants when I walk across the floor.
8. I'm like Rain Man when it comes to fractions.
9. I used to write and record songs. I won Honorable Mentions in the John Lennon Song Writing Contest and Music City Song Festival. Verrrry short career.
10. I've cliff-dived off a 40-foot cliff into a lake...wouldn't recommend it...that sucker can burn.
11. I'm the only human I know that got turned down twice when trying to adopt handicapped dogs...moment of silence, please.
12. I would've been a police officer or journalist if life didn't land me where I am.
13. I occasionally have the foul mouth of a truck driver...sorry, Mom and Dad. I try to change it. So far, the message hasn't made it to the execution part of my brain.