Industrial Deals Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on January 9, 2015
This battery does not work very well. It works about as well as my original Apple battery that was worn out and practically dead. It will charge up quickly, but will also die very quickly after being unplugged from the charger.

UPDATE: I've had the batter for 4 months now, and it still does not have a charge, but has also started to bulge (see pictures). It looks like the internal components of the battery have failed from staying plugged in, which the battery has to in order to hold a charge. This is a very poor quality and dangerous product. The battery has continued to bulge after removing from the charger and the computer.
review imagereview imagereview image
on June 5, 2013
Got this battery, had it a few weeks and so far I see absolutely no difference between this one and the old Macbook battery. If anything changes, I'll update this review, but for the time being, I couldn't possibly be happier.

Half the price of every Apple product goes for the name. My experiences with the battery and especially the power supply (on my fourth one!) just go to show that Jobs is not Jesus and Apple can and will occasionally make poor products with lousy support. I was thrilled to not have to pay Apple's outrageous markup. Hopefully this battery - and the off-brand power supply I bought at a third the price of Apple's - will do the job.
on July 3, 2013
Just remember to reset the SMC (?) Otherwise the computer won't recognize the battery.

Reset what? Here's how:

Turn laptop off
Take battery out
Unplug
hold down the power button for 5 seconds, release
Put battery back in
plug power back in
Start it up. It should see the battery now.
0Comment| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 28, 2014
I bought this for my 2009 Macbook to replace the A1185 battery that came with it. Slight color difference (to be expected) and fit (not that big a deal) issues aside, this battery never really worked right. I tried the 'calibration' instructions that came with it multiple times, to no avail. At first it turned off with no warning at 18-22% remaining power showing, then slowly crept up to 30%, then 40, 50, and it's currently cuts off with somewhere between 50-60% remaining, about 1.5 hours after reaching full charge.

I bought this after trying one of the $20 versions that stopped holding a charge completely after less then a week. This one took about a month to reach the 30% mark, I've had it 5 months now, and it's been cutting off at about 50-60% for a month now. I'm getting a $60 version, hopefully that works...

Looking at some of the review on here, I guess some of these batteries work, but based upon my experience I would guess that maybe they have quality issues, because this one is definitely junk.
on February 27, 2014
I only paid $25 for this battery. It's up to $40 at the moment. My old battery was warped and causing the trackpad to fail on our plastic MacBook. This battery solved that problem! Plus it now holds a charge for a few hours. We're not getting 5 hours like the original Apple battery gave us, but for $25, I'm satisfied for 3+ considering it was less than an hour with the old warped battery which was making the laptop unusable.

The color is off a bit and the pads are a different size but I doesn't matter since it's on the bottom of the computer. If our laptop is still kicking in a few years and we needed another battery at that time, I would not hesitate to buy this again.
on March 15, 2014
I would give it 0 stars if I could. On the seller's product description it says that there is a 1 year warranty on this product. This battery started bulging just before the warranty was up. So I contacted the seller several times asking him for a refund. He said since it was purchased over 2 months ago I was told that I would only get a partial refund. Obviously this seller doesn't stand behind his product and lies in his product description. I would never ever buy anything again nor would I ever recommend him.
on December 6, 2015
Works well in a early 2009 Core 2 Duo Macbook. The original battery got 5600 mAh and this only gets 4800. The white coloring looks different from the bottom of the Macbook's - it's clearly not a match. But, it's on the bottom - not a big deal. It's significantly lighter in weight than the Macbook's stock battery. The manufacture date on the battery I got was in early-2011. It slid in perfectly and was recognized immediately. It took the normal amount of time to charge.

The reason for the three stars vs five: I'd expected 5600 mAh not 4800. That was a disappointment and should be clearly labeled in the documentation.

Shipping took about a week or a touch less.

2/20: After having this for a few months, battery life is significantly shorter than expected - about an hour, sometimes two. For a new battery, that's pretty poor. I'm not impressed with this at all. That said, for a child's machine or a machine with low needs, it does address the problem, for cheap...
on December 27, 2014
I'm still, after a few months, not quite sure whether this battery is operating properly or not, or even at all. (I don't use the machine I ourchased this battery for enough to make a long term determination - I just know this hasn't been a plug-and-plug and "working fine" situation) there's been times the battery says it full via its own indicator, but the computer won't start; times when the computer doesn't see it at all; times when it's worked as expected. bottom line - it's inconsistent, and if I needed to rely on the battery for my daily use of this computer, I'd buy a different one. (Fit is also not great, with battery sticking out a bit fr casing)
on April 17, 2016
Purchased this battery in mid 2014 and about a year after that, the battery wouldn't take charge. It worked well for that first year, don't get me wrong. For the past few month I realized that the mouse clicker on my macbook acted like it was depressed and I couldn't figure out what was happening. I took the battery out to find that is had expanded and became mishapen. Not sure if the internal components exploded but I took it out and the mouse works fine. For $20 and lasting a year, it was ok.
on August 20, 2014
I bought this batter in July 2014. It was ok for awhile, but after a year, it started to give really low hours on a full charge, as in an hour or less. It didn't take long before it started just shutting off without any warning - no "LOW BATTERY" flags on my macbook - it would just shut off. Now, it says 99% charge, but I just accidentally unplugged my magsafe power supply and - POOF - it shut off completely, NO BATTERY POWER despite saying 99% charge. -- Fortunately, it only cost me $18.22 - so I *guess* I got my money's worth. But, I at least expect to get a warning when it's going to shut off. Just about a month ago it would get down to 30% after about 20 minutes, then POOF - total shut down. A real drag when in the middle of writing text with no warning to back it up. -- I don't know, but I wonder if the factory issue Apple batteries have built in software for the "Low Battery" warning, and this doesn't, hence - it's CHEEP! -- Hard to say if it's worth the price. My original battery lasted for 5-6 years or more, before not holding a charge. Plus you could calibrate it - but apparently not so with this one. -- It was functional, but without the calibration and low battery warning features.... kind of a disappointment. But whatdoyaexpect for less than 20 bucks. 2.5 stars