|Item Weight||73.2 pounds|
|Package Dimensions||31.5 x 16.5 x 16.25 inches|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Manufacturer Part Number||KX-355-BLK|
|Vehicle Service Type||Truck|
Consider this available item
AA-Racks Model X35 Truck Rack with 8 Non-Drilling C-Clamps and 2 Sets Kayak J-Racks with Ratchet Lashing Straps & Ratchet Bow and Stern Tie Down Straps
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Non-Drilling X35 Truck Rack with 8 C-Clamps included, NOT COMPATIBLE with trucks with Utility Track Systems
- Easy Installation - Fast setup and take down when not in use
- Heavy Duty Extended bolts added for extra security
- Heavy Duty Securing Ratchet Straps tight on your kayak, Canoe, 16 Ft long (4 Pack), 2200 Lbs Tested, easy and safe for your transport. Ratchet Kayak and Canoe Bow and Stern Tie Down Straps Adjustable Rope Hanger (1/4" x 10', 4 pcs, 300 LBS/Pair)
- 2 Pair of Kayak J-Racks (4 racks for 2 kayaks)
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare with similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
• This is an all-in-one Kayak adventure bundle for 2 kayaks. This bundle set includes everything needed to install the truck rack WITHOUT having to drill any holes. Set up and take down is quick and simple.
• Heavy Duty Securing Ratchet Straps tight on your kayak, Canoe, 16 Ft long (4 Pack), 2200 Lbs Tested, easy and safe for your transport. Ratchet Kayak and Canoe Bow and Stern Tie Down Straps Adjustable Rope Hanger (1/4" x 10', 4 pcs, 300 LBS/Pair). (Ratchet Straps color will Vary)
• Non-Drilling X35 Truck Rack with 8 C-Clamps included, NOT COMPATIBLE with trucks with Utility Track Systems.
• Heavy Duty Extended bolts added for extra security
Ratchet Lashing Strap
16 Ft long (4 Pack), 2200 Lbs Tested, easy and safe for your transport.
(Ratchet Straps color will Vary)
Custom designed bolts for added security and easier installation.
Safe and Durable
The foam padding and the rubber base cover are made of real rubber and foam. They are Anti-Slip, water and sun resistant.
The Truck Rack includes everything needed to install the truck rack WITHOUT having to drill any holes. Set up and take down is quick and simple.
|Description (Package includes)||X35 Truck Rack + 8 C-Clamps+ 2 pair Folding Kayak J-Racks (4 racks for 2 kayaks) + Set of Mounting Hardware + 4 Pack Ratcheting Straps (16 feet long) + 2 PAIR Ratchet Tie Down Straps||2 PAIRS (4 racks for 2 kayaks) + Set of Mounting Hardware + 4 Pack Ratcheting Straps (16 feet long) +2 PAIR Ratchet Kayak and Canoe Bow and Stern Tie Down Straps||2 PAIR Double Folding Kayak J-Racks (4 racks for 2 kayak) + Set of Mounting Hardware + 4 Pack Ratcheting Straps (16 feet long)||1 set (4pcs) of Kayak carrier holders + 2 x Ratchet Lashing Straps||X31 Truck Rack+ set of 8 clamps||APX25 Truck Rack+ set of 8 clamps|
Customers also viewed these products
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Each bar has a cleat on each side, so you can wrap the slack ends of your straps if you don't want to cut them. The J-Racks attach to the round bars, so they do tend to swivel a bit, but you're going to get that with any round bar. The straps it came with didn't seem great so I bought some others that have the protective padding so it won't scratch up the finish on my boats.
My truck is a standard box on a Ram 1500 (so somewhat short), but this easily accomodates my two 14' and one 12' kayaks. I would absolutely recommend this for anyone that doesn't want to spend a ton of money to haul your kayaks.
UPDATE: I just took a 2500 mile round trip with 3 kayaks through Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Nevada and Arizona, where at time speed limits are up to 80 mph and severe side winds can be encountered. I have the rack attached with 2 c-clamps per side, per bar (so 4 total c-clamps per bar) and it was completely solid. I never had any issue at all with stability. We hauled two 14' kayaks and a 12' kayak and never used any bow or stern lines, only straps through the J-Racks and cable locks for security, and neither the rack nor the boats ever budged. This has proven to be a great purchase.
My Tips for installing
- I would recommend using a ratchet with a star bit to tighten down the non drilling C- clamps . It works better than the Allen wrench that comes with.
- I would seal the top four (4) plastic caps that insert into the the rack to prevent water from leaking into the rack. from what I read was that this rack likes to rust if left on the truck for long periods of time and I think this happens because the inside of the tubing isn't painted all the way through.
other than that Buy this rack!! easy to put together took me just over an hour to install. I will be taking it to the Ozarks this weekend with the kayaks and will update after.
Dislikes: the allen set screws will loosen if locktite or suitable thread lock is not used. The finish scratches easily, the welds are not complete around the unions and show signs of rust once it’s exposed to moisture. The kayak racks are ok for narrow sit ins but not suitable for wide SU Kayaks. I modified with PVC to create a more usable rack
My vehicle is a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 with an 8 foot bed. I have a storage chest that is about 24 inches wide and this still allowed enough room to install the rack without any issues.
Upon completion of assembly I loaded a 12 Foot Kayak and a 14 foot Kayak on the rack and they are extremely secure and no worry about them moving, shifting or falling off the rack.